Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office: "Promos" (4/4/13)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Office: "Promos" (4/4/13)

Six episodes remain as the final season lurches forward.

Thursday, April 4 9/8c
"Promos"

When the promos for the documentary begin airing, the staff realizes all their secrets could be revealed.
Old 04-04-13, 10:35 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: The Office: "Promos" (4/4/13)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbxGF4C-Ht4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-04-13, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't liked this show much lately, but this ep was pretty funny.

Kevin being "dumpster man" in Danish and Andy fighting with the internet commenters were some of the funnier bits this season. And Ryan Howard's acting was better than his hitting has been in years.
Old 04-04-13, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

The whole Pam/Jim falling out of love storyline doesn't interest me in the slightest. The writers are in over their heads.
Old 04-05-13, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I don't know Ryan Howard, but I found that part of the show painful to watch.

Dumpster Man and 3 O'clock Girl were good for a chuckle, as was Andy raging against the youtube critics.
Old 04-05-13, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been railing against this show all season but the wife put it on so I watched it and it wasn't bad. Maybe just that so far this season everything has been so bad this just didn't have to do much but I enjoyed it. Loved it when they called the Senator, by the way you're being outed as gay and I had an affair with Dwight, love you.
Old 04-05-13, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Ryan Howard's movie line: "I gotta go, Darth Vader is launching a huge attack" was hilarious!
Old 04-05-13, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The Jim / Pam relationship trouble storyline just seems abit out of place here. This isn't a dramedy. They're pushing it too hard and giving it too much screen time imho. Aside from that story I'm actually good with where the series has been heading this season (and last for that matter).
Old 04-05-13, 08:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Didn't really care for this episode. Only funny part for me was the message Oscar and Angela left for the senator.
Old 04-05-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I've decided that the final episode with Steve Carrell was the series finale. Everything after that is just a bad screenplay by Michael Scott. (Not to say that the series didn't start to go downhill before Carrell left; but the show just becomes more and more painful to watch.)
Old 04-05-13, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought all of the Andy / Internet bits were funny. I was surprised that NBC allowed some of those screen names to be said.

Again - the Jim story line with the sports people is painful, and not funny.

I have no idea where they want to go with the Dwight love story, or why we should care about Pam & Jim.
Old 04-05-13, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
I've decided that the final episode with Steve Carrell was the series finale. Everything after that is just a bad screenplay by Michael Scott. (Not to say that the series didn't start to go downhill before Carrell left; but the show just becomes more and more painful to watch.)
Actually......this would be really funny. Seriously, I'd like that.
Old 04-05-13, 09:32 AM

I also liked where the bit was going with the father using the hot daughters to scam guys into buying farm equipment - but again the writers blew it!
Old 04-05-13, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I never thought the documentary would be a part of the show, but the promos is an interesting way to bring that back into play. I really liked that.

Lots of funny bits in this one that have already been mentioned.

As for Jim and Pam, they are living apart a fair amount of time, they've been "comfortable" for a while and Pam is getting worried they are drifting apart. Which is certainly something that can happen, especially in these circumstances. Seeing the old clips is just making it clearer to Pam, and I think the series will end with them reconnecting and rekindling the romance. They won't split them up or introduce a cheating element this late in the game. It's just about bringing the romance back to their relationship.
Old 04-05-13, 11:22 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I also liked where the bit was going with the father using the hot daughters to scam guys into buying farm equipment - but again the writers blew it!
My thought exactly, because that would have been funny.

I thought the intro w/Phyllis was horrible and un-funny, and the rest of the ep. just mediocre. Pretty sure I didn't laugh at all, except when Andy had his freakout (flashback to the funny, pre-anger management Andy).
Old 04-05-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Loved the promo bits and how the workers are realizing what a bad idea being a part of all this is. Especially loved Oscar and Angela's call to the senator

Still don't care for the Jim and Pam drifting apart scenes. And I certainly had hoped that Pam's interaction with the cameraman wasn't going to come up again. Hopefully that's the last we see of him.

With only a few episodes to go, I don't know where they're going with that...
Old 04-05-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Was this the first time that someone commented on the fact that Ryan Howard, the office worker, has the same name as Ryan Howard, the baseball player?
Old 04-05-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
With only a few episodes to go, I don't know where they're going with that...
Again, their love story on this show went from friends to courtship to marriage to kids to comfortability and life changes. Now that the "romance" is gone...which again is something MANY married couples can relate to, they are trying to find what's next. I still think it's just that simple and the show will end with them back up on the roof or something, remembering why they fell in love in the first place.
Old 04-05-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I'm surprised that most on here saw this episode as Pam and Jim drifting further apart. They had that awkward phone conversation in the beginning and then Pam went to the creepy cameraman's house, but she left upset and she's pining for the spark their relationship used to have. This seems to be foreshadowing some big reconciliation, maybe with Pam initiating since she's the one we see going through this and it'd be the opposite of how much Jim did to woo her in the first place. Now I'd have shut my tv off and walked away had that cameraman thing gone anywhere.

That Ryan Howard bit did have some laughs, but again no resolution on that side of the storyline. I thought they were building to them being honest with the athlete or something, but unless I missed it we didn't see anything else besides how absurd that company they're working for is (though maybe that's the point).
Old 04-05-13, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Draven
Again, their love story on this show went from friends to courtship to marriage to kids to comfortability and life changes. Now that the "romance" is gone...which again is something MANY married couples can relate to, they are trying to find what's next. I still think it's just that simple and the show will end with them back up on the roof or something, remembering why they fell in love in the first place.
I agree 100%

The writers threw in the Jim in Philly / Pam & boom guy sub plots to drive the two apart - just so at the end they can sit up on the roof of the building and give the audience a feel good ending.
Old 04-05-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

So I missed a couple episodes prior due to basketball and after watching this one realized I hadn't missed much.

The cold open with Phyllis listening to 50 Shades was good, as was Andy getting trolled on YouTube by Nellie.
Old 04-05-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

This was a pretty good episode. I also think that they're just trying to build drama between Jim and Pam so they can have an emotional reconciliation at the end. Its a sitcom, I can't see them ending the show with them splitting especially since they have kids.

No chance of this happening but I hope the reason Pam was so upset about the cameramen picking up everything is because she's been having an affair with Brian.
Old 04-05-13, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought it was pretty dreadful TV, and I've liked some of the shows from this final season. Only part I cared for was the cold water on Phyliss's head to shock her out of masturbating.
Old 04-06-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Ryan Howard was stupid but funny. Oscar and Angels call was good as was Andy's meltdown with the comments.
Old 04-07-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Didn't mind this one. Pretty much the only thing that has worked this season is their reactions to the documentary. Everything else has been horrid: the Dwight farm plot, Jim at the other company, Erin love triangle, Jim and Pam strife, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.