Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- "Na Ki'i" -- 3/18/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Christine Lahti Returns as Doris McGarrett

"Na Ki'i" - When a murder victim falls onto Dog the Bounty Hunter's SUV, Five-0 sends Catherine in undercover at the local roller derby to find the culprit, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, March 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Bounty Hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman and his wife Beth Chapman guest star as themselves.

(*Na Ki'i is Hawaiian for "Dolls")

Episode 18 of 24
Old 03-18-13, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O -- "Na Ki'i" -- 3/18/13

Because Catherine is on leave from NIA again?
Old 03-18-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Don't ask questions. Just bask in her hotness and enjoy the momentary relief from Steve and Danny constantly bickering.
Old 03-18-13, 02:56 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Kings of the Mic Tour: LL COOL J with Ice Cube, Public Enemy, and De La Soul - coming to a venue near you.
Old 03-18-13, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by OldDude
Don't ask questions. Just bask in her hotness and enjoy the momentary relief from Steve and Danny constantly bickering.
Anytime we get to see Catherine is skimpy, loose clothes with the short shorts, it's a good thing.

I like Grace Park, but she doesn't ooze sexiness like Michelle Borth.
Old 03-19-13, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

dog the bounty hunter?
really?
Old 03-19-13, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I think I saw a Charlie's Angels episode like this one.
Old 03-19-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
dog the bounty hunter?
really?
Dog's cameo seemed pretty gratuitous to the plot, didn't it.
Old 03-19-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

5-0 poaching HPD cases again. And Catherine has no butt. Not sure where this is going with McGarrett's Mom. You'd think they could make it into a bigger picture within the Wo Fat storyline...

Yay! for seeing a Zippy's sign!
Old 03-20-13, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

McGarett did say in the episode he cleared it with Catherine's CO to go undercover.
Old 03-20-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

That was a fun one. However:

When a murder victim falls onto Dog the Bounty Hunter's SUV,
Didn't the victim fall onto a random car where they chased down their perp?

And Catherine has no butt.
She is hot as hell, especially in the short-shorts she wears but the booty shorts in this episode made it abundantly clear she has no ass.
Old 03-20-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Fun episode, even if it was just a regular case. I understand to get 22 episodes/season they need to do a lot of regular cases, too. I was surprised Dog and his family didn't show up again in the episode. They advertised it all week and he didn't last beyond the open.

Not sure where this is going with McGarrett's Mom. You'd think they could make it into a bigger picture within the Wo Fat storyline...
McGarrett's mom is starting to get on my nerves. She pretty much lies about everything, keeps causing havoc and then gets sad that Steve isn't happy with her. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve just one day said, "You know what? I think you need to go live with Wo Fat instead."
Old 03-20-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
McGarett did say in the episode he cleared it with Catherine's CO to go undercover.
That conversation is one I would have liked to have seen/heard. "Hey, Captain....I need my girlfriend Catherine to help us on a case: to go undercover as a roller derby babe. You know - pretty standard stuff. I'm sure you can spare her."
Old 03-20-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Missed a chance to return the favor - see below - with The Amazing Race by having the roller derby moms Mona and Beth (who are taking part in the latest edition-Amazing Race Season 22) show up as members of the Diamond Dolls or Sirens. (Not that Hawaii 5-0 needs the boost but there could have been promotion during Sundays episode of Amazing Race - see Mona and Beth our Roller Derby moms take part in a roller-derby theme episode of Hawaii 5-0 - this Monday night! 10:00 pm ET - only on CBS!)

The Amazing Race Season 20 had Taylor Wily aka Kamekona hand out clues to the teams while they are in Hawaii. "In this Leg's first Roadblock, teams had to make a traditional Japanese treat brought to Hawaii known as shave ice. Using a katana, they would have to shave enough ice to fill a bucket to a given line. Once complete, actor Taylor Wily would give them their next clue."

After that happened, I was thinking that they could have the Amazing Race theme episode of Hawaii 5-0 - like one of the contestants gets killed during a task in Hawaii and the other contestants and even host Phil Koeghan are suspects. The crew solves the case and two of them are invited to take part in the next edition of Amazing Race - we then see footage of them at the starting line and Phil does his Go! then the racers run to their bags to get their first clue. Danny could then fall down like some contestants have done in the past. Or we see Phil eliminating Steve and Danny at the mat on the first leg. LOL!

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-20-13 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-20-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit

After that happened, I was thinking that they could have the Amazing Race theme episode of Hawaii 5-0 - like one of the contestants gets killed during a task in Hawaii and the other contestants and even host Phil Koeghan are suspects. The crew solves the case and two of them are invited to take part in the next edition of Amazing Race - we then see footage of them at the starting line and Phil does his Go! then the racers run to their bags to get their first clue. Danny could then fall down like some contestants have done in the past. Or we see Phil eliminating Steve and Danny at the mat on the first leg. LOL!
You were onto something there at first and then it just unravels after the bolded part.

I like the first idea though.
Old 03-20-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just didn't understand why 5-0 had to steal the contents of the laptop. They're higher up than the police, just get the damn list by asking for it.

I understand the need for one off case mysteries, but there are 2 stories that seem to get glossed over until it's convenient to return to them. Wo Fat/McGarrett's mom (which has been handled rather poorly) and Kono's "I want to quit the Yakuza" bf and his shady brother. Plus they've introduced so many secondary characters that they seem to forget about how they affect the team members they are tied to: Danny's museum girlfriend, Danny's daughter/ex-wife, Chin's new girlfriend, the Governor, etc.

Hawaii is such a hub of international shit that so much can go on, that's kind of what they should focus on. 5-0 should be this elite team handling these high profile type cases. Drug trafficking, white slavery, diplomatic threats, espionage, etc. Instead the lazy writers poach basic cases HPD should handle. Unless the Gov or Duke asks for help, they really don't need to step in all the time.

I know the show it very popcorny, but it would be nice to get it ramped up just a little.
Old 03-20-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikehunt
dog the bounty hunter?
really?
He has a new show debuting n April, but I'm sure his appearance here was just a coincidence.

I just didn't understand why 5-0 had to steal the contents of the laptop. They're higher up than the police, just get the damn list by asking for it.
And without a warrant everything they got from it and the ensuing investigation would be inadmissible in court. Not that Five-O ever gives a damn about warrants.
Old 03-20-13, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It was a decent ep. I wish they had used Zoe Bell in a fight scene. Totally underused in almost everything she appears in.
Old 03-20-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I'm beginning to hate this show

Lame plot week after week. I think they need more recurring bad guys like Person of Interest. The really entertaining episodes are few and far between.
Old 03-21-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

I understand the need for one off case mysteries, but there are 2 stories that seem to get glossed over until it's convenient to return to them. Wo Fat/McGarrett's mom (which has been handled rather poorly) and Kono's "I want to quit the Yakuza" bf and his shady brother. Plus they've introduced so many secondary characters that they seem to forget about how they affect the team members they are tied to: Danny's museum girlfriend, Danny's daughter/ex-wife, Chin's new girlfriend, the Governor, etc.

Hawaii is such a hub of international shit that so much can go on, that's kind of what they should focus on. 5-0 should be this elite team handling these high profile type cases. Drug trafficking, white slavery, diplomatic threats, espionage, etc. Instead the lazy writers poach basic cases HPD should handle. Unless the Gov or Duke asks for help, they really don't need to step in all the time.

I know the show it very popcorny, but it would be nice to get it ramped up just a little.
Agree 100%

Fun to an extent, yet a really cheesy episode.

Why does HPD exisit? 5-O seems to take up all their work.

Go figure the coach was the killer and had a bunch of rape/torture photos on his laptop. And why did he bring that to work? Idiot.
Old 03-21-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Go figure the coach was the killer and had a bunch of rape/torture photos on his laptop. And why did he bring that to work? Idiot.
And leave the laptop open.

And without a password.

And even have the pictures stored on the laptop in the first place.

And why 5-0 couldn't have received that list of people in the first place. I'd think that'd be the first thing they'd request.

Still, as others have said, popcorny, but you have to go with it to enjoy it.