TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Southland -- "Off Duty" -- 3/13/13

Old 03-13-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Southland -- "Off Duty" -- 3/13/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

John mulls over the life he'll have once he leaves the LAPD; Lydia bonds with a man she sent to death row in the past; an annoyed Sammy becomes a tabloid celebrity in the wake of a heroic act; Ben makes a questionable decision while tracking a drug dealer.

Episode 5 of 10
Old 03-14-13, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Southland -- "Off Duty" -- 3/13/13

I know Ben loves the attention he gets, but did he really get his old dealer busted just for more spotlight or, worse, get the spotlight back on him and away from Sammy?

I liked the scene with Lydia and the convict. A little Hannibal-esque, but the guy was good. The reveal that she shared her parental feelings with him was quite creepy.

John seems lost.
Old 03-14-13, 11:32 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Sammy seems to be in a bad way, too. Was glad he didn't do anything drastic on the roof of the parking garage.

Thos.
Old 03-14-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Interesting episode.

That scene with Sammy taking out the wild gunman was nuts. I love how crazy and gritty this show gets.

That is so messed up what Ben did. The cute teacher is into him and then he refers to her as his girlfriend, then he hooks up with the Mexican chick at the end. Stop thinking with your dick Ben.

Seems like John is beginning to realize what an empty life he's living. Unmarried, with no steady relationship, in his mid 40's and going on 20+ years on patrol.

at the kid bringing the live explosives to the Police station and then Robinson freaking out.
Old 03-15-13, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-more/173337/

Some good news. Ratings were up this week. 1.72M viewers and 0.6. Actually ratings have been on an upward trend. It actually beat The Americans on FX in total viewers and tied in the demo. Crossing my fingers.

How the fuck does Duck Dynasty get 8.3M viewers and 3.7 in the demos?
Old 03-15-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I love that Dewey is the same after a heart attack as he is before.

I don't see what Sherman did was a dick move. He has aspirations to be a detective. That's an easy way to make his name. Sure, somewhat of a dick move because he knew the guy but that was in the past.

Cool touch having Sherman and Cooper meeting up in the bar. Haven't seen them together in a while. Too bad there's so much animosity between them.
Old 03-15-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones
I love that Dewey is the same after a heart attack as he is before.

I don't see what Sherman did was a dick move. He has aspirations to be a detective. That's an easy way to make his name. Sure, somewhat of a dick move because he knew the guy but that was in the past.

Cool touch having Sherman and Cooper meeting up in the bar. Haven't seen them together in a while. Too bad there's so much animosity between them.
I was surprised that they showed Dewey actually has a family. A hot wife and two hot daughters. Yeah I got a when he was being his usual self after the heart attack.

I agree it was good to see Ben and John meet again. They have had so much tension after their fallout 2 seasons ago.