Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

InAPPropriate Comedy (Vince "Slap Chop" Offer, 2013)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 03-06-13, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the standee for this at the movie theater last night and curiosity led me to this...

In this rip-off of The Underground Comedy Movie and Movie 43 comedy film, a computer tablet full of the world's most hilariously offensive apps breaks through the borders of political correctness, stirring up cultural anarchy.

Red band trailer in the NSFW box:

NSFW:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nc5sKZ-OiRI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1. Wow, another Oscar winner's career has plummeted.
  2. It's good to see Vince Offer re-use and re-film sketches from the abortion that was The Underground Comedy Movie.
  3. How the fuck is this getting a theatrical release?

This could really be the worst film of 2013, easily taking the crown away from Movie 43.
Old 03-06-13, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: InAPPropriate Comedy (Vince "Slap Chop" Offer, 2013)

I saw a couple of tv spots for this the other night and was wondering what the hell it was. Looked terrible.
Old 03-06-13, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Yet another example of people thinking being politically incorrect just for the sake of being politically incorrect is both edgy and funny.
Old 03-22-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huffington Post just posted a live blog review of the film.

Come on, one of us has to sit through this piece of shit.
Old 03-22-13, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

All I can say is after reading that blog, Vince Offer is better off doing informercials.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VAQjF5RPgbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-22-13, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, has Adrien Brody's career really fallen this far?
Old 03-22-13, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

I wouldn't watch this if it came with a free blowjob.
Old 03-23-13, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take one for the team, Monday morning.
Old 03-23-13, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
I'll take one for the team, Monday morning.
Good on you SPiRAL.

Please provide a capsule review if possible. This looks shockingly bad and terribly unfunny.
Old 03-23-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, hell ... this isn't playing anywhere near me ...
Old 03-24-13, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Good on you SPiRAL.

Please provide a capsule review if possible. This looks shockingly bad and terribly unfunny.
Will do.
Old 03-24-13, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

I'll be going by Thursday

I thought Movie 43 sucked.
Old 03-24-13, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I con'd convinced a friend to see this with me tomorrow. I'm expecting just to live tweet the film at this point considering there should be nobody in the theater.
Old 03-24-13, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I'll be going by Thursday

I thought Movie 43 sucked.
Wow, GatorDeb.... you actually saw a movie you didn't like?!
Old 03-25-13, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Wow, GatorDeb.... you actually saw a movie you didn't like?!
I know! And I'm a shallow Top-40 lowest-denominator kinda person, so if I hated it, you know your movie sucked
Old 03-25-13, 01:30 AM

Ok, so I ended up seeing this today. Movie 43 had a bigger budget and it's obvious, although I thought this was funnier if that's possible. The movie literally takes place inside Lindsay Lohan's vagina. A series of skits, revisited by Vince, as he chooses Apps to view between skits. The movie sucks as expected, " The Amazing Racist " bits were funny, at least got the most laughs of the audience of 12, that was cut in half, 6 walk outs. Adrian Brody's " Flirty Harry " ( a SF detective, who uses gay double entendre constantly ) is revisited a few times. A local news anchor, in LA ( Rick Chambers ) plays his boss in a scene. 80 mins later it's over, we are whisked out of Lindsay's vagina, we see a few out takes, and end credits.
Old 03-25-13, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Movie 43 had a bigger budget and it's obvious, although I thought this was funnier if that's possible.
I did not laugh once during Movie 43 or Identity Thief. Now getting to witness Adrian Brody ending his acting career once and for all? Now that I'm willing to take a chance on.
Old 03-25-13, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The movie literally takes place inside Lindsay Lohan's vagina.
It was filmed in there?
Old 03-25-13, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Way to support movies like this, guys.
Old 03-25-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Way to support movies like this, guys.
  1. It's not my money.
  2. I'm sure we'll see an InAPPropriate Comedy 2, especially with that amazing $625 PSA for the entire weekend.
Old 03-25-13, 11:55 AM

I didn't pay for this either. A client of mine is a manager of the theater, I did a double feature of this and Spring Breakers.
Old 03-25-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is what I wrote on Letterboxd about it:

If I was a critic, I'd want my blurb on Rotten Tomatoes for InAPPropriate Comedy to read: "I don't believe in God anymore."

If that doesn't work, I'd also take: "InAPPropriate Comedy is homophobia, misogyny, racism, and above all, hate masquerading as 'comedy.'"

Before I review the debacle that is InAPPropriate Comedy, it’s time for a brief legal lesson.

If you’re an actor and you sign on to a film, the footage of you can’t be used in another film without your permission. Let’s say the director or producer decides to reuse a scene that you were in, they can’t legally do so without getting you to sign a new contract. This either comes with a massive payday for the actor or the producers shoot an entirely new scene. A majority of the time, the actor walks away richer. In some cases, the actor will earn more money than when he actually had to work for it.

I only know that from personal experience.

Three years ago, Vince Offer decided it was a good time to revisit The Underground Comedy Movie and give it that wide theatrical release it rightfully deserved. Yes, the same The Underground Comedy Movie that you would see offered during late night infomercials on basic cable. This newly revisited edition from Offer, Underground Comedy 2010, would feature the best sketches (ha!) from the original film along with new footage shot with Lindsay Lohan and Joanna Krupa.

Remember that legal lesson I taught you? A lot of the actors from the original film didn’t want their footage to be re-visited at any cost. I wonder why. The question is then raised, what happens when you’ve already spent money on new footage, but can’t reuse any of your existing material?

RESHOOT IT.

That’s right my friends. For a decent majority of InAPPropriate Comedy, you get to bear remake to The Underground Comedy Movie. If you believed in God before watching InAPPropriate Comedy, you definitely won’t when the end credits roll.

The film opens on a parody of 127 Hours with, as my friend quoted, “Hey! That’s Theo from Road Rules!” That should’ve been our cue to leave. Instead we saw a film that takes place in Lindsay Lohan’s vagina. I wish I was making that sentence up. I can now confirm the Huffington Post live blog of the film is real and we used it as our guide during the movie to see how much more we had to suffer through. In a year full of atrocities like Movie 43 and Identity Thief, I didn’t think it could get much worse. Boy, was I wrong.

InAPPropriate Comedy isn’t a sketch comedy film. It’s the Fox News-equivalent of a sketch comedy film. From such aptly titled pieces like The Amazing Racist and Blackass, I got to see Vince Offer as the true human being he is: a homophobic, misogynistic, and racist prick. If you thought making fun of race, religion, and gender wasn’t enough, wait until Offer goes back to his Scientologist roots and insults psychology. Funny considering I thought his settlement from suing The Church of Scientology is what paid for this film to get a theatrical release.

I do agree with the sentiment that one should never have to apologize for comedy. However, this isn’t comedy. This is the comedic equivalent of Triumph of the Will. I don't think I saw a film, I saw a bigot projecting his true feelings on the big screen.
I just feel dirty after watching it. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Old 03-25-13, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I know! And I'm a shallow Top-40 lowest-denominator kinda person, so if I hated it, you know your movie sucked

You're awesome...seriously.
Old 03-27-13, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked it more than I wanted to and should have Kept laughing here and there, definitely better than Movie 43.

I did fall asleep during the therapy sketch, can someone post what it was about?

Also, during the boat scene,

Spoiler:
Was the part where Ari Shaffir told them about the hidden camera and it being a joke a further layer of the scene or was he really expecting not to get beaten and he was really telling a regular person that? Those weren't actors? If they weren't actors they'd need their permission to include the footage.
Old 03-27-13, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not even going to spoiler it, because fuck it, that's why.

Here's yet another reason why the film sucks: a lot of the sketches are setup as if they're interviewing or interacting with real people, but they're not. Everyone is in on it. Which means that Offer, Shaffir, and all of the other hacks associated with the project had to write what Shaffir would say and how others would react to it.

... and none of it's funny.

Here's how you can tell all of it's bullshit:
  • Both my friend and I work/have worked in media and everything looked too good. The shooting and the editing specifically. You can't put together something that well when things don't go according to plan.
  • Boy, there sure are a lot of California license plates in Arizona.
  • Shaffir would've been murdered. Or, you know, at least kicked out of the "Jewish grocery store" instantaneously. Hell, I'm a fucking Jew and I've never been to any Jewish grocery store with that many stereotypes walking around at once.
  • That abortion clinic just looks like they rented out an office space. I've been to quite a few Planned Parenthoods in my day and none of them look that bland/shitty/pick-your-adjective.
  • The most important one of them all: the cop that breaks up the fight between Shaffir and one of the African Americans re-appears later in the film as a photographer shooting Lohan.
Borat and Bruno work because the characters aren't bigots, but they bring out the bigoted nature in others. InAPPropriate Comedy, as I said, is racism masquerading around as comedy.

The only thing that happened during the therapy sketch was the patient kept on talking about double penetration and bukkake while Schneider dies on an overdose from the drugs the patient takes. I don't even know where the punchline is in that.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.