Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Duck Dynasty season 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Duck Dynasty season 3

So who watched? As I said before, this is the best sitcom on TV. The first ep was opening day for duck season and the men wouldn't bathe beforehand, to the consternation of their wives. I'm guessing that they don't bathe because they don't want the ducks smelling the perfumes in soap and shampoo, but they never explained why. The second episode was Willie's HS reunion and the realization of how much weight he has gained.

Gotta say, Phil is in remarkably good shape for a 66 year old. And Jase's comedy delivery is second only to Si. "One time this girl in college said 'It's not you, it's me.' Darn right it's you ya damn heffer!"

This show is a gem.

Last edited by Traxan; 02-28-13 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-28-13, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Duck Dynasty season 3

Just watched the first few minutes, but I was bustin' on Si and Jase's comments about Willy roughing it. It's nice to see a show that just has fun and doesn't stoop to raunch in an attempt at comedy.
Old 02-28-13, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Best ratings for any A&E broadcast ever. And best ratings for a reality show on cable this year. Outperformed American Idol in key demos.
Old 02-28-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I suspect Willie will continue to be the butt of the jokes for being soft and being overweight. Both jokes are easy to make.

The best one was episode 2, where Si needed a new hunting dog and ended up with a poodle. The dog did its job but was the butt of major jokes from Jase and Phil.

The show scored 8.6 million viewers last night, beating everyone in its time slot except American Idol. Just goes to show America is starved for a genuine, clean family comedy and not Hollywood trying to redefine the family.
Old 02-28-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
Just goes to show America is starved for a genuine, clean family comedy and not Hollywood trying to redefine the family.
Yeah, that must be it.
Old 03-01-13, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Robertsons are all online and social media. Go look at their feeds. You get countless people praising the show as something they can watch with their kids because there is no crassness, no beeped out swearing, and a close family structure. People clearly want this, not "The New Normal" as Hollywood defines it.
Old 03-21-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I am losing my enthusiasm for the show at a rapid rate. The last few episodes have been so obviously staged and deliberate. It's sad. The genuine-ness of the show is really gone. It's still funny and Si makes for a great clown, but the show really is a sitcom now.
Old 03-28-13, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is anyone surprised at this?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynast...050000873.html

The bearded stars of Duck Dynasty are asking for a big pay increase to return to A&E's top-rated series, and the salary standoff is holding up a fourth-season renewal of the show, sources tell THR.

The Robertson family, including brothers Phil and Si and Phil's sons, have seen their outdoorsman empire Duck Commander earn a small fortune thanks in part to notoriety from the hit reality series. Now they have banded together and -- represented by WME -- are angling to renegotiate their existing contracts. Sources close to the negotiation say the family is asking for more than $200,000 an episode from A&E and production company Gurney Productions to return for a fourth season, with additional raises for subsequent seasons.
Old 03-28-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Traxan
Well, I am losing my enthusiasm for the show at a rapid rate. The last few episodes have been so obviously staged and deliberate. It's sad. The genuine-ness of the show is really gone. It's still funny and Si makes for a great clown, but the show really is a sitcom now.
Of course it's staged. They don't call it a "guided reality show" for nothing.

It's still freaking hilarious, Jack!
Old 04-14-13, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

More exposure of the show's staging.

http://caninechronicle.com/the-buzz/...-duck-dynasty/

Angie and Rich Louter of Moreland, GA began breeding hunting Poodles 5 years ago. Recently they were contacted from the A&E channel show, “Duck Dynasty”. Angie and Rich got a call in May 2012 from “Duck Dynasty”, as the show had heard about their Standard Poodle, “Cooper” that retrieves birds and who is the only Poodle with all the top Master Hunter titles in every venue including AKC, UKC, NAHRA, UGA, & PCA.

“Cooper”, UH HRCH MHR UGA Southern Standards Red Creole MH WCX will be featured on the upcoming premier show of “Duck Dynasty” on A&E, Feb. 27th at 10:00 p.m. It’s a one hour special and the episode is called, “Can’t Hardly Weight”. It’s about Willie (CEO of Duck Commander) trying to lose weight for his upcoming high school reunion, while the other guys go dove hunting. The Louter’s trained all the Retrievers including three Labradors and their own Poodle that will be hunting with the Duck Commander team on the show.

The Louter’s drove to West Monroe, Louisiana on September 11, 2012 to film the episode at a private duck club on the following day. It was very gratifying for them to see the dogs during the filming do what they had trained them to do! Angie and Rich said that the producers of “Duck Dynasty” were very happy with the outcome and that it was exciting to be a part of this popular show.

“Cooper” has sired a daughter, “Grace” that is just starting to be shown in conformation. “Grace” is the Louter’s first “show” puppy. After she finishes her AKC championship title, she will be taught the retriever skills needed to be a gun dog too.
Old 04-24-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok that finale was funny as hell, between Willie in a saraong, Si's 'Magnum P.Si' and insistence on Mayans on the island and Phil getting a massage.

I'd say something about Sadie in that surf suit but don't want Chris Hansen at my door. or Willie with a shotgun.
Old 07-12-13, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wanna see Willie shitfaced and singing?