Old 02-20-13, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Caramoan -- "Honey Badger" -- 2/20/13

Favorites:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Fans:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Honey Badger" - Following the first elimination of the season, Brandon targets Dawn as the leader of what he sees as an unsuitable vote and matchless teamwork and disorganization from one tribe leaves little room for competition during a tiered Immunity Challenge, on SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS vs. FAVORITES, Wednesday, Feb. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2LUeN4JxN
Old 02-20-13, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Caramoan -- "Honey Badger" -- 2/20/13

Brenda is a goddess.
Old 02-20-13, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So sad how they're so obviously just casting a bunch of headcases at this point.
Old 02-20-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

It doesn't look like it in the cast photo in the first post, but "fan" Sherri looks a lot like Sandra Bullock (the current "older" version) on the island.

And the one preview is certainly another tease
Spoiler:
... yeah, Brandon's going to go nuts. Cochran just told us ... he goes on these manic rants, then finds Jesus again a few minutes later. The show used the exact same teaser last week with Brandon threatening all kinds of chaos and what happened? Absolutely nothing.
Old 02-21-13, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"This vote is a no brainer" = pretty clear that Marine dude is safe for that vote. The editing just gets so damn predictable, right down to Jeff reading his name off first for three or four votes in a row (much like Phillip the week before)

It would be nice if they got back to a balanced game focused on actual survival with contestants not brought in to create drama. Instead it looks like Phillip read his script this week and the producers told him to kick it up a notch. I wonder how many takes it took for the camera pan with Phillip giving each of them their agent name... as it wasn't one smooth shot, my guess is 3 or 4.
Old 02-21-13, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Brenda is a goddess.
It's too bad she's getting little to no camera time. Given that we know she's a little schemer, that means she's either laying low in the beginning or that her story is not important to this season. I'm hoping for the former, but unfortunately I'm guessing the latter.
Old 02-21-13, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Normally I would say no camera time is a bad omen for someone but so far everything on the favorites tribe has been around Phillip and Brandon's crazyness cause Probst can't get enough of them. The non edits of Brenda,Erik,Corrine,Malcolm and Andrea has more to do with who they are on a tribe with. Not that I necessarily think any are possible winners but even Denise last year had several episodes where she was just a background charecter so they could milk every bit of Lisa,Kent,Abi and Alan Alda time.
Old 02-21-13, 07:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Survivor seems to consistently hire african-american contestants that set back race relations 100 years
Old 02-21-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
And the one preview is certainly another tease... yeah, Brandon's going to go nuts. Cochran just told us ... he goes on these manic rants, then finds Jesus again a few minutes later. The show used the exact same teaser last week with Brandon threatening all kinds of chaos and what happened? Absolutely nothing.
Can we say bipolar?
Old 02-21-13, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
Survivor seems to consistently hire african-american contestants that set back race relations 100 years
Probst and Burnett are card-carrying members of the KKK. Except the KKK can't read, so they carry hoods instead.

I wonder if the producers tell cast members that anything critical of the show mentioned during the 'confessionals' will be edited out and they will be punished in the editing booth.

For example, Malcolm...smart guy that he is and having the benefit of watching Phillip in the past AND having just gone through a season...would not be talking about Phil's 'craziness'.

Rather, he would be shrugging and saying, "Phil Sheppard knows how to get more airtime, and he knows the producers will feature him more the crazier he acts."

Which would just be stating what's obvious to viewers, but at least it would make things appear less staged.
Old 02-21-13, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Can we say bipolar?
Make that 'bi-pee-er".

Brandon Hantz as Vin: "We deal in urine, friend."
Old 02-21-13, 08:48 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For once I'm actually bummed that the 'good-looking people alliance' is on the outs, because they're actually more likable than their opposition.
Old 02-21-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Why on earth did that girl say she saw "the buldge in his pants" at that point in the game? So stupid. It never ceases to amaze me how these Survivor contestants continually fail to realize how valuable having information is in the game.

So true. They seemingly go out of their way to cast for it.
Old 02-21-13, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Why on earth did that girl say she saw "the buldge in his pants" at that point in the game? So stupid. It never ceases to amaze me how these Survivor contestants continually fail to realize how valuable having information is in the game.

So true. They seemingly go out of their way to cast for it.
Well, they did previously cast one african-american (Jaison) who - unknown to almost everyone - played for the US National Water Polo team.

No one saw that coming, did they?

On the other hand, he couldn't sink coconuts to save his life in the basketball challenge

Last edited by Kmical; 02-21-13 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-21-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Poor Reynold couldn't hide the bulge in his pants...
Old 02-21-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't that true of most reality shows? In all seriousness, the guy did serve in the army didn't he? Wouldn't that preclude him from automatically being a "typical" African-American on Survivor?

Serious question for any African American on the board... is it worse to have the "crazy/lazy" African American still on the show, or would it be worse that this time around the first two people voted out would have been African Americans?
Old 02-21-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Rather, he would be shrugging and saying, "Phil Sheppard knows how to get more airtime, and he knows the producers will feature him more the crazier he acts."

Which would just be stating what's obvious to viewers, but at least it would make things appear less staged.
Survivor has definitely tried to shy away from showing in the interviews, material of that nature. It was why Johnny Fairplay was so brilliant, because he exposed some of that process in his antics.
Old 02-21-13, 04:44 PM
Banned

Amazon Prime has some older seasons to watch for free if you're a prime member. I'm only saying this because Nicaragua is available. Oh Brenda.
Old 02-21-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Old 02-22-13, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

Damn, she is hot. One of those girls that looks fantastic with or without make-up.
Old 02-22-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
It doesn't look like it in the cast photo in the first post, but "fan" Sherri looks a lot like Sandra Bullock (the current "older" version) on the island.
Said the same exact thing to my wife - although we both agreed she looks more like Bullock from far away.

Talking about Race Relations - I actually really liked Francesca both times she was on. She was funny, actually got along with the castmates, etc. But she was on the wrong side of an alliance, And she gets booted first both times! Burnett didn't want a non-stereotypical african american to last very long.
Old 02-22-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Amazon Prime has some older seasons to watch for free if you're a prime member. I'm only saying this because Nicaragua is available. Oh Brenda.
And someone in another thread said that she wasn't even in their top 20.

Also bummed by the lack of airtime for Malcolm and Brenda, the only two contestants I like this season. Guessing we'll see more of each when the crazies are booted (that is IF they get the boot...a season's worth of Brandon and Phil would make me consider dumping the show for good).

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, she was an idiot for bringing that up at Tribal (or at all)...but then again, they're calling each other "family" already, so not surprised by the warped sense of loyalty to the others.
Old 02-22-13, 02:35 PM

Does Probst still do the survivor blog after the shows air? I thought it was on ew.com or something but am not able to find it.
Old 02-22-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by magi
Does Probst still do the survivor blog after the shows air? I thought it was on ew.com or something but am not able to find it.
He does a Q&A after each new episode for EW:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/21/je...oan-episode-2/
Old 02-22-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by magi
It's there. At the end of Dalton's recap is a link. But the link only shows up by the middle of the next day (the recap itself is posted the night of the show).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.