Body of Proof -- Season 3 thread -- Tuesdays on ABC

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Body of Proof -- Season 3 thread -- Tuesdays on ABC

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Listings - BODY OF PROOF on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com

MEGAN IS FACED WITH A CRISIS CLOSE TO HOME WHEN LACEY IS IMPERILED BY A SERIAL KILLER, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "BODY OF PROOF"

Season 3 Premiere Will Now Air Tuesday, February 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET)

New Regular Cast Members Mark Valley and Elyes Gabel Star Richard Burgi Guest Stars

"Abducted - Part 1" - Megan returns to work months after Peter's death, and she is surprised by a man from her past�Tommy Sullivan (Mark Valley, "Fringe"), the new detective assigned to her case. Megan, along with Tommy and his rookie partner, Adam Schaeffer (Elyes Gabel, "Game of Thrones"), must stop a serial killer whose victims are young war veterans. As she learns more about the crime, the stakes rise when she gets a call from the killer -- who is holding her teenage daughter, Lacey, hostage. The season premiere of "Body of Proof" airs TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Body of Proof" stars Dana Delany stars as Dr. Megan Hunt, Jeri Ryan as Dr. Kate Murphy, Mark Valley as Detective Tommy Sullivan, Geoffrey Arend as Dr. Ethan Gross, Windell D. Middlebrooks as Dr. Curtis Brumfield, Elyes Gabel as Detective Adam Lucas and Mary Mouser as Lacey Fleming.

Guest starring are Shawn Hatosy as Karl Simmons, Annie Wersching as Yvonne Kurtz, Michael B. Silver as Dr. Harvey Wallace, Erin Cahil as Charlotte Tilney and Richard Burgie as D.A. Dan Russell.

"Abducted Part 1" was written by Christopher Murphey and directed by Michael Watkins.

The series is created by Christopher Murphey and executive-produced by Murphey, Matthew Gross and Evan Katz. "Body of Proof" is produced by Gross Entertainment and ABC Studios.

FYI season 3 is only 13 episodes. Mark Valley is now a series regular.

Gone are Nicholas Bishop, Sonja Sohn, and John Carroll Lynch.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-02-13 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-19-13, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Body of Proof -- Season 3 thread -- Tuesdays on ABC

Alright that's all I have time to do for today. It's too hard to cut and paste on an IPad.
Old 02-19-13, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

May give this a shot now that Valley has joined the show.
Old 02-20-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

to the return, now that I've caught up on seasons 1 (DVD) and 2 (Xbox stream).

Though I forgot to DVR last night's episode. I hope it's on Comcast On Demand--I may end up watching the whole run of this show without using regular cable.
Old 03-02-13, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk God

I got caught up with the first 2 episodes (which was a 2-parter)

Good start to the season. I enjoyed them very much. Nice to see Dana back and she looked just as good as last season. Usually these so-called re-boots/creative makeovers never work and never actually improve the show. Prime examples:

1) Human Target
2) Breaking In
3) Fairly Legal

But, they kept the core cast members and I think the storyline to start off the season was quite compelling. One of the new writers is Evan Katz who was an EP on 24.

Here's how they explained the cast departures:

Peter: Dead. Killed off from that stabbing
Bud: Retired
Samantha: Got a job at the FBI

The storyline for these 2 episodes was about a terrorist threat and the kidnapping of Megan's daughter. Granted it's a little over the top for what is essentially a medical/cop procedural. Mark Valley is a nice addition. I think he has good chemistry with Dana. I can't help but like the guy. He's charming and I like that he's in a more serious action role again after cough Human Target got axed a few years ago. I'm glad they still kept Jeri Ryan around.

Funny to see Shawn Hatosy from Southland on this, while his show is currently airing. The guy gets alot of work outside of Southland. I think I've seen him a few times on CBS. Also, nice to see Annie Wersching from 24 as well. Interesting twist with her character.
Old 03-03-13, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you also think when they mentioned Samantha going to the FBI that was a sorta shout out to her arc on Burn Notice?
Old 03-03-13, 10:57 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I really dislike this show, but my wife loves it. I'm only really half paying attention because of Mark Valley. Poor guy can't get a decent show.
Old 03-26-13, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Haven't watched this show in a while. SO glad I tuned in tonight.
Old 03-26-13, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Haven't watched this show in a while. SO glad I tuned in tonight.
I've been keeping up with the show and have liked this season. Go figure the episode where Jeri Ryan is half naked and boning some dude would be the one you tune in for.
Old 03-27-13, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I've been keeping up with the show and have liked this season. Go figure the episode where Jeri Ryan is half naked and boning some dude would be the one you tune in for.
I view it as a divine blessing.

That said, the episode itself wasn't that great. It was obvious the suspected killer was a red herring and I honestly don't get why the real killer even confessed. Did she too have diplomatic immunity? And can't immunity be waved due to a homicide? I also feel that Ivan Sergei's character could have saved himself a lot of trouble by just telling Jeri Ryan what he was up to? There was no need for all his secrecy. And where the hell was he stashing a newborn infant (a premature one at that since he had to cut it from its dead mother's womb) that he could so calmly hop back into bed with Jeri Ryan that same night?

I'm guessing giant eagles were involved somehow.
Old 03-27-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I'm a few episodes behind but am finally watching this show somewhat live. Seems they've ratcheted up the intensity this season.
Old 03-27-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

I had the first six eps recorded but couldn't finish the first show and deleted them all.

Undeleted the first one to watch the whole ep. Just not feeling the show anymore.

That actor being interrogated by Mark Valey might be the worst actor ever and that's what I
Don't like about the show, everything seems poorly actred and on the cheap, and just dopey dialog.
Old 03-27-13, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...oof-up/175227/

After a really slow start, BOP's ratings are up. Almost 10M viewers and 1.7. Won the timeslot.
Old 04-12-13, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Tuesday's episode about Tommy being framed for murder was really predictable and anti-climatic.

I wish TV writers, especially those who write for shows like this, would stop with the "Good Guy" getting framed for murder plot and his friends/colleagues start doubting him until the evidence proves him innocent. 9 times out of 10, you can figure out the entire plot blindfolded.

Other than that, there were some nice moments with Dana and Mark Valley. They do have chemistry. Hard to believe she's 10 years older than him.