TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle -- "Recoil" -- 2/04/13

Old 02-04-13, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts
Castle -- "Recoil" -- 2/04/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

A MURDER VICTIM MAY BE BECKETT'S KEY TO TAKING DOWN SENATOR BRACKEN, THE MAN BEHIND HER MOTHER'S MURDER, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

Jack Coleman (Senator Bracken) Returns

"Recoil" - While investigating the murder of a young woman, Castle and Beckett find evidence that links her death with Senator William H. Bracken (guest star Jack Coleman returns), the man responsible for Beckett's mother's murder. Determined to finally bring Bracken to justice, Beckett soon realizes that things are far more complicated than they seem, on "Castle," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

Read more: Listings - CASTLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2Jz3X6aEe

Episode 13 of 23
Old 02-06-13, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Recoil" -- 2/04/13

Really good episode, although it felt rushed at times. I was really expecting 2 parter. Great to see the twist with Beckett having to protect Bracken. Didn't like Kate stepping back into herself. Although I'm okay with that if it means more Michael Dorm.

Is it me, or has Castle himself been taking a huge back seat the past handful of episodes??
Old 02-06-13, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they may have given Nathan a little free time here and there to do the Percy Jackson movie he's in.
Old 02-06-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts

I can't even remember what the damn conspiracy was about. It started w/ their former captain when he was young kidnapping mobsters, then it involved her mother's murder twenty years later, then the senator became the center piece.

Blah.
Old 02-06-13, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

So are we supposed to believe the senator set all this up (even though his driver came close to succeeding) in order to bolster his campaign? Cos that's the vibe I got at the end.
Old 02-07-13, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I had that sense a little, but he genuinely seemed surprised and thankful. I think it really was the guy on the tv at the end.
Old 02-09-13, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This one definitely had a different feel. Castle was in the backseat, no mom or Alex at all. The episodes that center on her mom's murder tend to be the heaviest and most dramatic. Didn't really see much humor in this one. This is also another one where Esposito is talking about wanting to kill someone. He is such a likeable character I hope they don't turn him into a douchebag
Old 02-10-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 457 Likes on 335 Posts

It was another really good episode. I thought that Senator Bracken was geniunely surprised that it was his driver, and he was even more surprised that Beckett saved his life. Castle made a great statement to Bracken saying that he wouldn't have done that.

Castle remains one of the most entertaining shows on TV. I'm always looking forward to Monday nights. Castle takes a little of the sting out of Mondays (something good about a Monday).