Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Secondspin.com 2/3/13 Sale Email?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secondspin.com 2/3/13 Sale Email?

Argh... I used to be able to view their sale emails just fine, but over the past couple of months, when I've gotten their emails, the only thing I can see is the footer and if I click on the "view as webpage" link, it opens a new tab and takes me to my email inbox!

Anyhoo, they sent one out this morning that's supposed to be only good for today, 20% off and free shipping, but since I can't see the email (and the info is not posted on their website), I have no idea what the sale code is, any purchase threshold, etc.

Would someone else who got the email be kind enough to share the info? MANY thanks!!
Old 02-03-13, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Secondspin.com 2/3/13 Sale Email?

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Argh... (and the info is not posted on their website)
Yes it is.
Old 02-03-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
Yes it is.
Screen shot? The only thing sale-related when I pull it up is "for special offers follow us on..." Facebook and Twitter links. No banner ads, no sale details.
Old 02-03-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

When I go to the homepage, it appears in the bar at the top center of the page with blinking words and a red banner saying "one day only" in all big letters. It's not hard to find.
Old 02-03-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
When I go to the homepage, it appears in the bar at the top center of the page with blinking words and a red banner saying "one day only" in all big letters. It's not hard to find.
I truly don't know what else I can say to get you all to believe me, but seriously... there's nothing there for me. Not even when I click on the Deals link at the top - that brings up a page with a big purple heading of "This Week's Deals" and nothing else. Perhaps their Flash and my Flash aren't playing nice. I don't know. But, it's not there when I load the website. Seriously.
Old 02-03-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't say it was on the Deals page. It's actually not appearing there. It's at the top of the homepage and follows on many other pages. Try another browser.
Old 02-03-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
I didn't say it was on the Deals page. It's actually not appearing there. It's at the top of the homepage and follows on many other pages. Try another browser.
I understand that. I was trying to emphasize the point that not only is nothing showing for me on the homepage, it's not showing on the Deals page either. I've tried both FF and IE - doesn't show up in either one, nor do their emails load properly in either one. (I've emailed them directly about it as well). But, again, if you all can see it, would one of you be so kind as to simply post the code and any pricing threshold? That's all the info I need, truly.
Old 02-03-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I wasn't seeing anything on the page either. Then, I disabled AdBlock and saw the banner.

Since everyone wants to post about what they see and not actually tell the OP what the sale is, I'll do so.

Free shipping plus 20% off cds and videos, 10% off of games on all orders over $25. Promo code is 1DAYFSPLUS
Old 02-03-13, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, now I am just wondering what you are seeing. Why don't you show us a screenshot of the homepage on your computer?
Old 02-03-13, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I wasn't seeing anything on the page either. Then, I disabled AdBlock and saw the banner.

Since everyone wants to post about what they see and not actually tell the OP what the sale is, I'll do so.

Free shipping plus 20% off cds and videos, 10% off of games on all orders over $25. Promo code is 1DAYFSPLUS
You rule the day, Ed!!! (And thank you for the AdBlocker tip... I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.) Many, many thanks!!!
Old 02-03-13, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

No problem
Old 02-03-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper

I was trying to troubleshoot the problem so that she wouldn't have to come ask the question again in the future. Teach someone to fish and all that.
Old 02-03-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've actually had this same problem for probably 2 years now. Blank emails with a link that took me nowhere. Good to have a solution to this