Flashpoint -- Series Finale -- "Keep the Peace Part 1 and 2" -- 1/15- 1/22/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Flashpoint -- Series Finale -- "Keep the Peace Part 1 and 2" -- 1/15- 1/22/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15 2013, 11|10c PM - In part one of the series finale, Team One faces its most chilling adversary yet: a brilliant serial bomber who takes an entire city hostage.

Does anyone here watch Flashpoint. It used to air on CBS during the summers, but got moved to ION for the last 2 seasons.

Tonight is the Series Finale. It continues next week. They announced months ago that season 5 was the last one.

I've kept up with this show and it's gone through some crazy turnover over the last year.

I know these 2 episodes already aired in Canada. Is it true that:

Spoiler:
One of the team members is killed off?
Old 01-15-13, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Flashpoint -- Series Finale -- "Keep the Peace Part 1 and 2" -- 1/15- 1/22/13

Spoiler:
No. Things do change so there couldn't be another season as the team stands now but everyone lives.
Old 01-15-13, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Flashpoint -- Series Finale -- "Keep the Peace Part 1 and 2" -- 1/15- 1/22/13

Wow, that was a fucking tense episode. My heart is still racing. Almost felt like a feature film. The 2 bombs going off in Downtown Toronto and the aftermath had a very eerie feel.

Not surprised the Professor was a decoy. And that scene was insane.

Next week should be a doozy. The show is definitely going out with a bang.

RIP Donna.
Old 01-16-13, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw them shooting this show when I was in Toronto about five years ago. Never watched an episode though.
Old 01-16-13, 12:39 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

loved the show when it was on CBS, then when it moved to ION it went to standard def, so I stopped. damned shame how CBS treated this show, as I really enjoyed it when I watched it. I think it might be on Netflix streaming tho, so maybe I'll catchup
Old 01-16-13, 04:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yes it is on netlfix
Old 01-16-13, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
loved the show when it was on CBS, then when it moved to ION it went to standard def, so I stopped. damned shame how CBS treated this show, as I really enjoyed it when I watched it. I think it might be on Netflix streaming tho, so maybe I'll catchup
ION East is in HD. The entire final season was in HD on Directv.

They re-air various episodes of the show weekdays.

But yes, season 4,which was the 1st season on ION, can be watched on Netflix.
Old 01-16-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I was wondering if this was the finale, since ION certainly wasn't advertising it as such.

It's a shame the show is ending, but it really led to an explosion of Canadian based TV shows. And hey, it gave the pink ranger 5 more years of work, so how can that be a bad thing?
Old 01-27-13, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Finished the Series Finale last night (Part 2)

Good ending with a good amount of closure. Sucks that CBS treated this show like crap.

They stopped the bomber, but alot of changes happened. Greg was the one who stopped the bomber, but was severely wounded in the gun fight.

They jumped forward 1 year at the end,

Spike and Winnie are now dating.

Greg was forced to retire and is now training new SRU recruits.

Ed was promoted to Team One leader

Sam and Jules are now with a young daughter. Sam was promoted to leader of Team Three replacing Donna, who was killed.

Wordy wasn't featured in the end surprisingly even though he was a pretty important member of the team.

The ending showed a quick montage of the last 5 years of the show.

Going to miss Flashpoint. There are a few episodes I missed from season 4 when it switched over to Ion from CBS and that channel was still in SD. Now that season 1-4 is on Netflix and in HD, I'll try to catch them at some point.

Enrico Colantoni (Greg) is recurring on Person of Interest. That's a fun recurring part.

I'd like to see Hugh Dillon (Ed) get a chance to get a job on a U.S. TV show as lead. He's a really underrated actor in my book.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-27-13 at 09:04 PM.