Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Not many details, but coming Fall 2013.

http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/leg...bout/features/

LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes™
Marvel Super Heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U™ system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
I wonder if we'll ever see a LEGO Marvel vs DC game?
Old 01-08-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

I've never been big into the Lego games but this sounds awesome.
Old 01-08-13, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's immediately what I thought of. A crossover would be freaking huge. I would even buy that day one (and I always wait for when they hit $20). Very excited about Marvel Heroes, but they better have Daredevil or else, that's all I'm saying
Old 01-08-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

If it's as good as Lego Batman 2, I'll be stoked.
Old 01-08-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool! I prefer Marvel over DC so this is good news for me.
Old 01-08-13, 12:20 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

So Superhero Squad 2?
Old 01-08-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
If it's as good as Lego Batman 2, I'll be stoked.
Agreed. My son loves Lego Batman 2 and I played it quite a bit too. I'll be all over this.
Old 01-08-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, Warner, the owners of DC, are putting out a Marvel based game?

I figured Disney would be in on this like they were with the Lego Pirates game.

I liked Lego Batman 2, even if the open world aspect became tedious and repetitive.
Old 01-08-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

This is an easy purchase. I enjoyed Batman 2 and I'm enjoying the Lord of the Rings version too.
Old 01-08-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Wow, Warner, the owners of DC, are putting out a Marvel based game?

I figured Disney would be in on this like they were with the Lego Pirates game.

I liked Lego Batman 2, even if the open world aspect became tedious and repetitive.
Warner put out three Marvel movies, Blade I-III, through New Line. I think Warner mostly cares about making money, and Lego having a connection with Marvel and the popularity of the Lego games could only help.
Old 01-08-13, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Warner put out three Marvel movies, Blade I-III, through New Line. I think Warner mostly cares about making money, and Lego having a connection with Marvel and the popularity of the Lego games could only help.
Cartoon Network is a Warner subsidiary and they air Marvel cartoons too. Warner definitely doesn't have some kind of "kill it with fire" attitude towards Marvel.

Several Marvel/DC crossover comics exist too and they're always either published by one or the other. And yet their publishing facilities haven't spontaneously combusted.
Old 01-08-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Cartoon Network is a Warner subsidiary and they air Marvel cartoons too. Warner definitely doesn't have some kind of "kill it with fire" attitude towards Marvel.

Several Marvel/DC crossover comics exist too and they're always either published by one or the other. And yet their publishing facilities haven't spontaneously combusted.
Does Cartoon Network? I thought they were all on Disney XD or whatever that channel is. Super Hero Squad was on CN, but I don't think they're making new episodes anymore.

Other than reprints of past work, editors at DC have been pretty vocal that no more crossovers will be happening, despite Marvel being game, as well as several creators.
Old 01-08-13, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Does Cartoon Network? I thought they were all on Disney XD or whatever that channel is. Super Hero Squad was on CN, but I don't think they're making new episodes anymore.
Yup, I have been watching the Marvel animated shows on that Disney channel.

BTW, I have all of the Lego games most of them on the PS3 but one on the DS and PSP.
Old 01-08-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk God

CN doesn't air any Marvel cartoons. I guess if you are counting in the past, yes, they have. But any Marvel show is now going to be on Disney XD.
Old 01-08-13, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't sure if anything was currently airing on CN because the last animated superhero show I watched was either Justice League or that CGI Spider-Man on MTV.

In any case, when stuff like Super Hero Squad was airing on CN Marvel may not have been owned by Disney but CN was still under the same corporate umbrella as DC.

Bottom line: once you get outside the small sliver if the Warner empire that is DC Comics you find that other entities don't really have any sort of fanboyish Marvel boycott going.
Old 01-08-13, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All over this!!!!
Old 01-08-13, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LEGO GALACTUS!

I've never bought any of the LEGO games, except for LEGO Indy due to it coming w/ the 360, but this one? It's got my attention. Also LEGO DEADPOOL!
Old 01-09-13, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I will be fighting my son to hold off on this day one. We are about 1/3 way through LotR now so we will probably be ready for it. I hope this continues with quests like LotR. The past 2 Lego games have been huge advancements for the series hope they continue.
Old 01-11-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Short interview about the game with some early footage of some characters, particularly Hulk.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8c-9pM7VPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-11-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

hulk looks awesome.
Old 04-30-13, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/30/lego-marvel-super-heroes-sneak-peek-trailer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-30-13, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Time Warner has always had a hands-off approach to the individual decisions of its divisions, but that was mostly in a prior era when Marvel wasn't owned by Disney with its horde of cash.

Marvel productions outside of Disney's control are drying up and they are pulling all their brands in house, which will almost necessitate Warner's corporate divisions to do the same in the future with their own brands.

The era of cross-licensing will probably be coming to an end, very soon.
Old 05-01-13, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Just read about preorder bonuses. And it looks like Wal-mart will have my preorder (my son is mad already there is no Iron Patriot figure), kinda lame not to put this figure out now with the movie being released this week.
Gamestop: Spiderman Minifig Keychain
Wal-Mart: Iron Patriot Minifig
Old 05-01-13, 12:34 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will accept this as a successor to Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Wish we could get some more of those games, though.
Old 05-01-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When does this hit the street?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.