Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warning to new XBox users..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-12, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning to new XBox users..

I was new to Xbox, two issues basically the same, last weekend when I first set up my Xbox I did not have my credit card so during the setup I was offered a free month of "XboxLIVE GOLD", I bypassed thinking that I would have the chance to get it later and now I can not get the offer and today I lost 14days of "XboxLIVE GOLD" - I entered my code from "Halo 4" for 14 days free - then entered code for one year prepaid "XboxLIVE GOLD" and the date was not 8th+14days to move the end date to the 22nd but the end date stayed the 8th? When I try to re-enter the code again I get the message "... has already been used ..." no where did the system says that by entering the pre-paid code that I would loose the ''FREE'' times!
So it would be best to use your free times and allow them to expire before you pay for a "XboxLIVE" subscription!
Old 12-08-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Warning to new XBox users..

Considering the price of a one year subscription I don't think I'd sweat losing 2 weeks.
Old 12-08-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

A $40 (typical deal) Live card works out to just over $3 a month, so a two week loss is roughly $1.50.
Old 12-08-12, 05:35 PM

I lost a total of 45 days not just 14.. [so using Michaels math would total $4.50.. Michael when you see a $40 deal for a "GOLD" card please email me as the lowest I had been able to find was $55 w/tax] and when I was not expecting to have to pay Microsoft to be able to use my Netflix Subscription and other aspects that they advertise with out fine print of the XBox... And I was hoping to move the next renewal date to 01/2014 after Christmas next year.
Old 12-08-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DEC29111
I lost a total of 45 days not just 14.. [so using Michaels math would total $4.50.. Michael when you see a $40 deal for a "GOLD" card please email me as the lowest I had been able to find was $55 w/tax] and when I was not expecting to have to pay Microsoft to be able to use my Netflix Subscription and other aspects that they advertise with out fine print of the XBox... And I was hoping to move the next renewal date to 01/2014 after Christmas next year.
Keep an eye on cheapassgamer.com. I don't think I've ever paid more than $40, and I've gotten $30 once or twice.
Old 12-08-12, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Keep an eye on cheapassgamer.com. I don't think I've ever paid more than $40, and I've gotten $30 once or twice.
I got back into gaming on a "Wii" close to three years ago and if it was not the big price drop of the 4gb XBox over "Black Weekend" I was able to get one with one controller and Kinect for less than $200 w/out the $15 a month subscription.

{{ Note back in the '80's I use to be a paid game tester for Activision on two game systems, the most of the 90's and first part of the 2000's did not play many games. }}
Old 12-08-12, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DEC29111
$40 on Newegg right now.

A few days ago the ebay deal of the day was a Live sub for $35. They also did one back in Oct. They offer it probably every couple months.

There's zero reason to buy a sub at full price.
Old 12-08-12, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
$40 on Newegg right now.

A few days ago the ebay deal of the day was a Live sub for $35. They also did one back in Oct. They offer it probably every couple months.

There's zero reason to buy a sub at full price.
Thanks! Just wished that I had that link a week ago!

Last edited by DEC29111; 12-09-12 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Tablet typing errors...
Old 12-14-12, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

ebay via Tiger Direct - $35 right now

Double up so you have two years on your account, then you can pick and choose which deals to pass and which ones to jump on in that time. Also follow this thread on CAG, and you'll never pay full price again.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 12-14-12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-14-12, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The horror!!!!!