DVD Talk
30 year old mother of 3 arrested; Pregnant by a her 16 year old fiancee [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 30 year old mother of 3 arrested; Pregnant by a her 16 year old fiancee

JoeySeven
11-21-12, 06:36 PM
Not A teacher
But Florida of course.:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nant-baby.html

Mother of three, 30, arrested 'after getting pregnant with boy, 16, who she plans to marry'

Police arrested a 30-year-old Florida woman Tuesday after they say she conceived a baby with a 17-year-old boy.

Melissa Dilan-Hernandez, of New Port Richey, is accused of having sex with the boy as year as September 2011 when he was 16 years old.

The teenager told investigators that Dilan-Hernandez has become pregnant, and according to a police report, tests confirmed that the baby is his.

After she was arrested, Dilan-Hernandez told police she and the 17-year-old live together at her home as boyfriend and girlfriend and are engaged to be married, Tampa Bay Times reported.

Hernandez was charged with unlawful sexual activity with certain minors and released from Land O'Lakes jail on $10,000.

According to Dilan-Hernandez's profile on the site Wikibio, the New Port Richey resident has three other young children from past relationships: two boys and a girl.

It is not known how long Hernandez's alleged relationship with the minor was going on, but according to her online profile last update in mid-June, the 30-year-old is at least four months pregnant.

Hernandez described herself on her detailed bio page as an educator, and an online search has revealed that a person by the name Melissa Dilan-Hernandez was affiliated with Club Z Tutoring.

The 30-year-old, who described herself as 'a former entrepreneurial journalist who has a passion for creative expressions and the world of entertainment,' wrote several now-defunct blogs, including Melissa's Corner and Whoops, it is what it is!, and worked as an editor for the Florida-based Esquire Publications.

Hernandez's online biography also mentions that she served as the vice president of former Playmate and reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson's official fan club

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/18/article-2219602-15902CA9000005DC-826_306x356.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/18/article-2219602-15902CB1000005DC-872_634x468.jpg

JoeySeven
11-21-12, 06:37 PM
Dr. Phil Show

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1915

In Love and Illegal?
November 20, 2012

Thirty-year-old mother of four Melissa Dilan-Hernandez made headlines when she was charged with unlawful sexual activity with certain minors, stemming from her relationship with her fiancé, T.J., who is 17 years old and the father of her 4-month-old daughter. Melissa is facing up to 15 years in prison and may have to register as a sex offender, yet she says she still doesn’t consider their relationship a crime. How does she justify her love affair with a minor — and planning a pregnancy with him? T.J. says he wants to spend the rest of his life with Melissa — but is he willing to wait for her if she goes to jail? And, could their romance stand in the way of his aspirations of becoming a U.S. Marine or police officer? T.J.’s father, Ed, and stepmother, Sea, weigh in with their thoughts on the relationship. Do they approve? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s stern advice for Melissa and T.J. — and for any teen who may be blindsided by love.

Love or Crime?

Melissa says when she first met T.J. on Facebook two years ago, he told her that he was 18, and they had an instant connection. “He told me that I was cute, and then I told him, ‘Send me a message,’” she explains. She says by the time T.J. confessed his actual age, they were already emotionally attached. “So, I still decided to continue the relationship with him.” She continues, “Some say that our love is wrong, but our personal belief is that it doesn’t really matter how old you are; love is love.” Melissa and T.J. have a 4-month-old daughter together and are now engaged to be married. “The moment that he proposed was particularly emotional,” she says. “That is something that I did not expect, especially from a person his age.”

Melissa says despite being charged with unlawful sex with certain minors, she doesn’t feel like she has committed a crime. “I want the world to know that T.J. and I are in love and that we are both capable of fighting against any other person who would say that our love is not possible,” she says. “I am not a predator or a sex offender.”

“I really love her. She’s a good person. She’s a good mother,” T.J. says about Melissa. T.J. admits that his own mother left when he was 6 or 7. “I don’t know why she did, and I really love her and miss her,” he says. He says that his stepmother, Sea, always seems to be against him and doesn’t provide the care and nurturing he desires.

“The only person I can see myself with is a woman who is going to take care of her children, who’s not going to abandon them; and that’s how [Melissa] is,” T.J. says.

“You cannot give consent, legally or psychologically, to enter into the relationship that you are in with her,” Dr. Phil tells T.J. “That’s why she is culpable and you are not.”

Ed explains how the charges were brought against Melissa: About a year ago, T.J. and Melissa got into an argument over T.J. talking to another girl, and T.J. decided to turn Melissa in to police. “I said, ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’” Ed says he asked his son. “He said, ‘Yeah, I’m done with her.’” He says he took T.J. to the police station to fill out a report against Melissa. Two days later, he says the couple reconciled, and T.J. was regretful for what he had done. “I said, ‘You know, you’re going to have to live with this,’” Ed says he told his son.

“To my understanding, it was not T.J. who went to the authorities, it was one of the relatives,” Melissa says.
Will He Wait?

Melissa says she feels so pressured and judged that no one knows who she really is. “I want a chance for people to get to know me,” she says. “I am not a predator ... I did not set out to go after him.”

“There is a way you can get through this without doing 15 years,” Dr. Phil tells Melissa. “But with the attitude you’ve got — you’re playing the victim here — and lady, you’re not the victim; you’re the perpetrator.”

When asked whether she understands that she’s not the victim, Melissa thinks for a moment and responds, “I feel like I have been set up.”

“Set up?” Sea responds.

“No. I’m trying to get you help,” Ed responds.

Dr. Phil tells Melissa that she completely ignored everything he just said. “You just totally blew me off and kept telling your victim story,” he says. “If I were you, and I had stepped up and said, ‘You want to know how to stay out of jail?’ I believe I’d have shut my mouth and opened my ears.”

http://cdn1.elitedaily.com/elite/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/elite-daily-melissa-dilan-hernandez.jpg

http://www.drphil.com/assets/d/da0e4bebc239eaf738658bcbcebee28e.jpg

RagingBull80
11-21-12, 06:46 PM
I saw these two on Dr. Phil yesterday.

Before you decree her guilty or not, you should hear her speak. It might just change your verdict.

majorjoe23
11-21-12, 06:55 PM
Wait, does she have three kids or four? That can also have a factor in her guilt.

antspawn
11-21-12, 06:59 PM
So she goes to prison for 15 years because she is in love with a grown ass man that happens to be 17yrs.

JoeySeven
11-21-12, 07:07 PM
Looks like she has 3 kids from past relationships two A boys and a girl.
Not sure how many different dads.
And the 4th kid she had with T.J is the father.

I added some more info to the 2nd post.
Seems they meant on facebook and T.J. lied about his age,saying he was 18.

DVD Polizei
11-21-12, 07:07 PM
Great. So, she's in prison and Florida Taxpayers foot the bill for the kids. Ain't US Justice awesome! That'll show her! :up:

movieguru
11-21-12, 07:09 PM
The article keeps changing his age from 16 to 17 and back to 16 again.

RagingBull80
11-21-12, 07:30 PM
So she goes to prison for 15 years because she is in love with a grown ass man that happens to be 17yrs.

That's how I feel about it. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

This seems like an easy case to solve:

OFFICER: Son, did this woman take advantage of you and force sex upon you?
17 YO: No.
OFFICER: Case closed.

Apparently he is 17 now and was 15 when they met. Dr. Phil pretty much demonized her on his show. Fucking Goddammit, I watched Dr. Phil yesterday. :doh:

whotony
11-21-12, 07:47 PM
She is brain damaged. Her voice is guilty.

tasha99
11-21-12, 10:07 PM
Fucking Goddammit, I watched Dr. Phil yesterday. :doh:

:lol:

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
11-22-12, 06:34 AM
If you wanted to tap 16 yo legally, just marry them first... Then it isn't a crime and dr phil should not have a gripe about it.

OldDude
11-22-12, 08:33 AM
She is brain damaged. Her voice is guilty.

You are expecting sanity from a 30 year old woman knocked up by her 16 year old boyfriend? Even he was just expecting sex.

Mrs. Danger
11-22-12, 09:58 AM
Part of the crime in an adult having sex with a minor is that one person has more life experience and dominance over the other. Mentally, I would say these two are about the same age.

After all, she agreed to be on Dr. Phil.

whoopdido
11-22-12, 10:12 AM
Age of consent in Florida is 18. It's an unbelievably dumb law but it is the law. She needed to wait until he was 18, but she didn't. End of story. You can get around the law if the people are close in age but 30 and 16 definitely aren't close. Not much else to say.

ShinMusashi44
11-22-12, 05:31 PM
Stupid thing is just one state up, it's 16 to have sex. Makes no sense at all

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
11-22-12, 05:44 PM
Age of consent in Florida is 18. It's an unbelievably dumb law but it is the law. She needed to wait until he was 18, but she didn't. End of story. You can get around the law if the people are close in age but 30 and 16 definitely aren't close. Not much else to say.

But you can have sex with a 16 yo, so long as you married her or him first...There is no restriction on the older spouse's age.

Why So Blu?
11-22-12, 05:56 PM
I'd do her...with a condom.

TheKing
11-24-12, 07:50 PM
4 kids at 30...guilty in so many ways.

But the kid is guilty as well. Turning your somewhat attractive older woman because you got in a fight with her? Seriously, the sense of entitlement these young guys have these days is just sickening. What happened to the days of teenage guys taking whatever poontang they could get and being happy they got it?

DVD Polizei
11-24-12, 08:11 PM
Since he feels a sense of entitlement...he can take care of his fucking kids on his own.

Spottedfeather
11-24-12, 08:36 PM
Stupid thing is just one state up, it's 16 to have sex. Makes no sense at all

Should have just moved to Kansas. The age is 16 here.