Once Upon A Time -- "The Crocodile" -- 10/21/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-12, 06:57 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Once Upon A Time -- "The Crocodile" -- 10/21/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Belle's disgust over Mr. Gold's continuing thirst for power comes to a head, and she threatens to leave him if he can't change his evil ways; the dwarves pick up their axes and try to find fairy dust in the Storybrooke mine; and a reunion with an old acquaintance could prove to be Belle's undoing. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin attempts to save his wife, Milah, from being kidnapped by a band of cutthroat pirates, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 4 of 22
Old 10-22-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Once Upon A Time -- "The Crocodile" -- 10/21/12

Wow, no Emma, Snow or Regina tonight.

The more Rumpel, the better. Was this a full-fledged face turn, or is he still going to be a scheming bastard?
Old 10-22-12, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

The more Rumpel, the better. Was this a full-fledged face turn, or is he still going to be a scheming bastard?
I think the whole point of this season is to show that while Regina and Rumple are evil, they don't even scratch the surface as to what kind of evil is now headed in their direction. I mean, how could you not root for Rumple in the flashback? His wife browbeat him, ignored their son, then ran off so she could bang the pirate. Sure, Rumple was weak, but his wife was a real bitch and Hook got what was coming to him.

I doubt he'll ever be a good guy, he has too much of a lust for power.

I thought it was a great way to introduce Captain Hook into the story. I imagine we'll get to meet Peter Pan at some point as well. Maybe a journey into Neverland is ahead.
Old 10-22-12, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if you saw the ads for next week, we know who Dr. Whale is.
Old 10-22-12, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
And no Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin last week. This week's and last weeks were probably filmed simultaneously, splitting the cast between two sets.
Old 10-22-12, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I thought it was a great way to introduce Captain Hook into the story. I imagine we'll get to meet Peter Pan at some point as well. Maybe a journey into Neverland is ahead.
Given the Bean took Hook and his crew to Neverland, I wonder if Baelfire never went to our world but instead ended up in Neverland. With that in mind, could Baelfire actually be Peter Pan?

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
And if you saw the ads for next week, we know who Dr. Whale is.
I saw that he's
Spoiler:
a necromancer of sorts. But I saw nothing to confirm exactly who he is. I mean, it made me think he's Dr. Frankenstein but that's a stretch, even for this show. Was Merlin ever a Necromancer? Cos that's been my latest guess about him (once I gave up the notion that he was Monstro).
Old 10-22-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pick up this week's EW - there are some interesting semi-spoilers in there of potential future storybook characters.
Old 10-22-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Given the Bean took Hook and his crew to Neverland, I wonder if Baelfire never went to our world but instead ended up in Neverland. With that in mind, could Baelfire actually be Peter Pan?
I thought he might have been the guy in the city(NY?) at the window who got the message from bird the spell had been broken.
Old 10-22-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts

Spoiler:
Gold told Bella that the reason he agreed to the deal with Regina was that the curse would bring him to the land were his son was. That's also why he wants to leave town but can not, because he will forget everything.

Last edited by Kdogg; 10-22-12 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-22-12, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
I thought he might have been the guy in the city(NY?) at the window who got the message from bird the spell had been broken.
I thought so as well (especially since the Blue Fairy claimed the bean would lead to a land without magic). But the fact that Hook used to bean to go to Neverland has me wondering.

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Gold told Bella that the reason he agreed to the deal with Regina was that the curse would bring him to the land were his son was. That's also why he wants to leave town but can not, because he will forget everything.
It could well be that though he assumes Baelfire ended up here, he may have ended up elsewhere.
Old 10-22-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I think the whole point of this season is to show that while Regina and Rumple are evil, they don't even scratch the surface as to what kind of evil is now headed in their direction. I mean, how could you not root for Rumple in the flashback? His wife browbeat him, ignored their son, then ran off so she could bang the pirate. Sure, Rumple was weak, but his wife was a real bitch and Hook got what was coming to him.

I doubt he'll ever be a good guy, he has too much of a lust for power.

Yeah, I find it hard to hate Rumple as well considering some of the shit he's been through. It was a nice touch at the end of the ep when he gave the library key to Belle. Rumple is more like a tweener or cool heel if we're using wrestling terms.

It's far more easier to hate on Cora.
Old 10-22-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that he's
Spoiler:
a necromancer of sorts. But I saw nothing to confirm exactly who he is. I mean, it made me think he's Dr. Frankenstein but that's a stretch, even for this show. Was Merlin ever a Necromancer? Cos that's been my latest guess about him (once I gave up the notion that he was Monstro).
Spoiler:
Yeah they're saying he's Dr. Frankenstein. I had wondered where the name Whale was coming from then but someone said that's an homage to the director of Bride of Frankenstein, James Whale. And its not that much of a stretch. One of the points they're trying to make is the place is called Storybrooke, not Fairytown or something like that. All stories are viable for this show, not just the fairy tales.
Old 10-23-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Spoiler:
Yeah they're saying he's Dr. Frankenstein. I had wondered where the name Whale was coming from then but someone said that's an homage to the director of Bride of Frankenstein, James Whale. And its not that much of a stretch. One of the points they're trying to make is the place is called Storybrooke, not Fairytown or something like that. All stories are viable for this show, not just the fairy tales.
Yes. You are correct all literary characters are fair game - from the Little Mermaid to Tarzan to Mickey Mouse to Sherlock Holmes.
Old 10-23-12, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give them lots of credit. From ship board action and a set out of Pirates to the Carribean, to a wild mine ride this show puts it's budget up on the screen.
Old 10-23-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Yeah, I find it hard to hate Rumple as well considering some of the shit he's been through. It was a nice touch at the end of the ep when he gave the library key to Belle. Rumple is more like a tweener or cool heel if we're using wrestling terms.

It's far more easier to hate on Cora.
Rick Flair Heel or Stone Cold Heel
Old 10-23-12, 04:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This was the first interesting episode since season two started.