Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

He-Man Masters Of The Universe: 30th Anniversary Boxset

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
He-Man Masters Of The Universe: 30th Anniversary Boxset

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® Collection Offers Fans 189 Episodes on 22 DVDs of the Three Television Series

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Masters of the Universe® brand, Mill Creek Entertainment announces the release of the 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® DVD. This epic 22-DVD set chronicles all three Masters of the Universe series, and also includes a bonus DVD containing new and unreleased documentary features, a bonus audio CD with the classic Filmation series soundtrack, an exclusive MOTUC sword accessory and an extensive episode guide booklet all contained in a deluxe display-worthy package complete with a sculpted Castle Grayskull facade.

This epic, limited-edition DVD collection celebrates the adventures of The Most Powerful Man in the UniverseTM with three animated series that encompass the legacy of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®. The collection relives the excitement of the most phenomenal stories ever created in animation across 189 captivating episodes along with hours of ancillary footage and exclusive bonus items that comprise this definitive Masters of the Universe® collector s set.

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®

Aired on television from 1983-1985
All 130 Episodes are featured in the collection on 16 DVDs
Six Documentary Featurettes
100 Character Profiles
English & Spanish Audio Tracks

The New Adventures of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®

Aired on television from 1990-1991
The top 20 Fan-Favorite Episodes on 2 DVDs
Bonus Documentary Featurette

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®

Aired on television from 2002-2004
All 39 Episodes on 4 DVDs
Interviews with Toyline Artists from Mattel and The Four Horsemen
12 Audio Commentaries
A PDF Comic Book for Unproduced Episode #40

Additional Collectible Bonus Items

Exclusive Power Sword®
This MOTUC accessory represents the Sword of He-Man® and is offered in the Eternian gold color for this commemorative anniversary edition.
Audio Soundtrack
An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy
All-New Documentary
A bonus DVD containing a brand new FANS OF MOTU documentary featurette in addition to ten previously unreleased documentary programs
Episode Guide
A 48-page commemorative booklet and episode guide for all 189 episodes

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...vshowsondvdcom
Old 10-18-12, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: He-Man Masters Of The Universe: 30th Anniversary Boxset

What to do, what to do? I love stuff like this, but I love the first releases with the art cards and the layout of the boxes.(In my opinion they are the best sets ever produced) Im only missing the second NA of HM, and the price for that is crazy.

** nevermind, just read that it only has 20 episodes of NA. Fuck that. Really? More work to make top 20 than just copying the disc that have already came out. Seems pretty stupid. The CD sounds nice. But it should have everything.

Last edited by banthafett; 10-18-12 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-18-12, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Still have all my releases from BCI....no need to upgrade for me!
Old 10-23-12, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd buy the soundtrack if they sold it separatly but I already have the 1st series and the 2003 series. Not rebuying those to get a CD. Not interested in the middle series.
Old 10-23-12, 08:41 AM
Suspended

LaLa Land Records said if you are buying this set just for the CD, you just might want to wait. So something is in the works.
Old 10-26-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

If that's the case that they are re-releasing separately the soundtrack, then they will re-release all 130 of masters of the universe again.

Last edited by Sonic; 10-26-12 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by banthafett
LaLa Land Records said if you are buying this set just for the CD, you just might want to wait. So something is in the works.
Worth knowing, thank you.
Old 12-17-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I got this set over the weekend at my local Costco. I never got the BCI release it made it easy for me to get.
Old 12-18-12, 01:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still looking for the first volume of the second season of He-man from the BCI sets. I also need She-ra season 2. But good luck to me, as I can't find them for anything less than about 70 dollars. I got all the other volumes for 15 bucks.
Old 02-11-13, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For those that purchased this set, make sure that you check the Season 2 Disc 3 disc starting with "Three On A Dare" and followed by the next two episodes "Just A Little Lie" and "One For All".
For me, the episode starts but half-way through it stops and won't let me continue and won't let me play the next two.

It seems that I'm not the only having problem with the disc and might be an encoding issue that Mill Creek missed. I wrote them an e-mail asking for a replacement disc.
Old 02-11-13, 07:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a set I must have...
Old 08-12-15, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could really use some help.

I waited too long on this set and it's gone oop, but recently I found a seller on the Amazon marketplace and bought it for $65 New. I really don't like to buy Used, only New, and the set arrived yesterday and I was surprised that there's no shrinkwrap or seal on the outer box, or anywhere in the set, except inside for the CD and Power Sword (which to my experienced eye look brand new in original shrinkwrap and baggy) and the loose clear package containing the discs, which it seems impossible to tell whether that's the original wrap for it or not.

So I'm hoping that someone(s) might be able to tell me if there should be any other signs that I can look for in order to tell whether this is New or Used? I can't access YouTube to look for unboxing videos, but I did find some great pics elsewhere that seem to indicate there's some kind of seal (maybe a round sticker) at the rear and top of the packaging?

If that's true, and since the one I got doesn't have that, then I wonder if this one has been tampered with. I just wanted to confirm that, and would appreciate info from anyone who has this set and would know, or about any other signs to look for. Thanks.
Old 08-12-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

^If you got it for a great price and all the packaging and discs look new (and aren't bootlegs), who cares whether it is "new or used?"
Old 08-12-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't remember the package having a shrink wrap over the clear plastic. The discs come on envelopes except the CD.
Old 08-12-15, 11:19 PM

I totally get the not buying used thing. There are some unboxing vids on youtube if you can somehow get there but they didn't show cellophane. Some pictures on ebay of new ones but too blurry to tell. Look for fingerprints anywhere inside is the only thing I can think of.

The bigger issue for me, if I were to want this set, is: aren't these discs pal>ntsc blends? Speed Racer had sped up/blended versions for almost every episode (wasn't pal though, just time compression, maybe 24.5 fps) and I said SKIP. Coulda had it for $15 complete back then but it's sped up/blended. So I waited and now Funimation will release it on blu with even more episodes from the masters. (If there's no english track I might skip that one too and make a fan edit.)

Also there were some authoring errors on one of the discs according to the reviews for the He-Man. You could also email Mill Creek and ask if they were cellophaned.
Old 08-13-15, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
^If you got it for a great price and all the packaging and discs look new (and aren't bootlegs), who cares whether it is "new or used?"
I do. I respect that some people are 100% okay with Used, I'm not.

Originally Posted by triste realtà
I totally get the not buying used thing. There are some unboxing vids on youtube if you can somehow get there but they didn't show cellophane. Some pictures on ebay of new ones but too blurry to tell. Look for fingerprints anywhere inside is the only thing I can think of.
Thanks. I don't think that there was any cellophane and I'm not seeing fingerprints, but people who are dedicated to selling Used as New might have taken care of that. One of the best indicators seemed to be whether or not there was the round sticker on the top rear, which this is missing. If I can't verify that then I guess I'll have to open the shrink containing the discs and check them carefully. If I can't find signs of tampering then I guess I'll take the sellers word for it, though sometimes of course a seller thinks something is New, but they don't know either.

The bigger issue for me, if I were to want this set, is: aren't these discs pal>ntsc blends? Speed Racer had sped up/blended versions for almost every episode (wasn't pal though, just time compression, maybe 24.5 fps) and I said SKIP. Coulda had it for $15 complete back then but it's sped up/blended. So I waited and now Funimation will release it on blu with even more episodes from the masters. (If there's no english track I might skip that one too and make a fan edit.)

Also there were some authoring errors on one of the discs according to the reviews for the He-Man. You could also email Mill Creek and ask if they were cellophaned.
I don't know, and I can't check at the moment, but will later. That being said, I don't have any of this show in any format, so something would be an improvement, especially with the CD and all the bonus features. The error on a disc seems worrisome and I will check if I keep it. Trying to email Mill Creek seems a good idea, I've never tried it before, but that seems worth an attempt. Thanks very much for the lengthy reply, I appreciate it!
Old 08-13-15, 05:59 PM

http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...tion_25565402?

Good pics there^ maybe that's the one you bought?

Looks like it has 2 or 3 big clear circular stickers on the outside holding it closed. Says smoke free environment though, which is what people put when they sell their used dvds. Dude coulda put those stickers there to trick people.
Old 08-15-15, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by triste realtà
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...tion_25565402?

Good pics there^ maybe that's the one you bought?

Looks like it has 2 or 3 big clear circular stickers on the outside holding it closed. Says smoke free environment though, which is what people put when they sell their used dvds. Dude coulda put those stickers there to trick people.
A huge thanks triste realtà! That's not who I bought from, but the pics are very helpful and clearly show the stickers that I thought I had maybe seen once before. They are not on the set I got, either of them, so I'll definitely contact the seller.

Thanks again for taking the time and finding them, I really appreciate it.