Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon $1 phantom offers

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon $1 phantom offers

Old 10-13-12, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon $1 phantom offers

I've observed a rash of third party (both Used and New) $1 offers -- appearing on camel camel camel AND Amazon product pages -- that click though to offer lists lacking anything close to such a low price. I may have seen this rarely in the past, but throughout this Sat morn I've encountered it upwards to ten times on titles I'm following. This includes both BD and DVD.

Is there cause for a seller to flash up a $1 offer to game Amazon's engine somehow? Or is Amazon chucking out nonexistent offers on the product page by error, or what?

Any theories?
Old 10-13-12, 12:59 PM

Re: Amazon $1 phantom offers

Last night, a seller called i-Deals Store had a bunch of blu-rays, DVDs and maybe CDs for $1 plus shipping. I first saw this for Lois & Clark - The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete Second Season. I quickly ordered it then decided to check out the store for more. I placed a second order for Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy), 24: Season Seven [Blu-ray], Tiny Toon Adventures: Season 1, Vols. 1 & 2, and Freakazoid!: Seasons 1 & 2. Freakazoid! was $2. I was going to place a third order with Primeval: Volume Three [Blu-ray] and a couple other things, but by that time it was saying that all the items were no longer available. I have no idea how this happened or if any of this stuff will actually ship. The weird thing about it was that not all of the items were $1. There was a wide variety of prices and some of it was ridiculously overpriced. Like the Red Dawn blu-ray was $90.
Old 10-13-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Just gaming the system, I'm sure. It's like people who have cheap prices but high shipping--maybe that's been fixed now.
Old 10-14-12, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Someone posted over at another forum that " i-Deals" prices are a software mistake.
And it happened to them before,under A different seller name.
As they 100's of blu-rays priced at $1 + shipping.And A shit load of DVD and CDs at very low prices.

I ordered A few,but most likely will be canceled on Monday.
Old 10-14-12, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw this yesterday as well and wondered what the heck was going on. These ridiculously cheap movie prices were all over the marketplace.

I wasn't able to actually see any of the items though. They must have pulled the listings right before I started browsing because I couldn't add any to my cart.
Old 10-14-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I made several orders last night before they caught on. Probably get canceled. But there were a bunch of Kino, reigon free UK discs that were at that price. They also had a Harry Potter first seven years collection for $7.
Old 10-15-12, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered about 20 items mostly cds and a couple of Mondo Macabro dvds. Expecting cancelations but will see. This happened around 1am et. on friday.
Old 10-15-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered about 25 CDs and boxed sets from them, so far Amazon says one shipped and the others are "shipping soon", I'm also expecting cancellations and I'm curious to see if I end up getting this item that is listed as shipped.