Search this Thread

Old 10-07-12, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Revenge -- "Resurrection" -- 10/07/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Resurrection" - Things get complicated as Emily continues to delicately weave her way back into the Graysons' lives while remaining tied to Amanda and her unborn child, on "Revenge," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 2 of 22
Old 10-08-12, 01:08 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: Revenge -- "Resurrection" -- 10/07/12

Me thinks that no one is watching this anymore or it's sitting on their DVR to be viewed later this week.

Lots of stuff happened... I thought it went by too fast.
Old 10-08-12, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I watch it because my wife loves it...I think it's just "meh." If people didn't lie to each other on this show about EVERYTHING, there would be no story.
Old 10-08-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I watch it because my wife loves it...I think it's just "meh." If people didn't lie to each other on this show about EVERYTHING, there would be no story.
Same could be said about Dallas. Revenge is almost the same show IMO, it just takes place in the Hamptons and has a more attractive, younger cast.
Old 10-08-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Me thinks that no one is watching this anymore or it's sitting on their DVR to be viewed later this week.

I never see it until Monday night. I watch Amazing Race on Sunday and rarely have time for more than one hour-long show in an evening. But this is a must-see show for me. Still love it.
Old 10-08-12, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, Victoria really will do anything to get what she wants. That was great how she turned the situation into her favor.

I love Nolan's little digs at Victoria. "She didn't die because the Devil wouldn't take her."

Nitpick: Emily is too smart to have left herself that vulnerable to the white-haired man at the end.
Old 10-09-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Liked this one better than the second season opener. Great way to reboot the series. I'm glad they have wrapped up most of the open storylines and essentially rebooted to where it started last year, but this time with the focus on revenging for Em's mom instead of her dad.
Old 10-09-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

The ratings are still solid (the S2 premiere was the highest rated episode since the pilot). It's just that the demographics of DVD Talk do not match those of Revenge. I'm still loving the show. It's the only* network drama I watch regularly.

*Well, I've been watching Last Resort too but we're only two eps in and the ratings are soft so who knows what will happen there.
Old 10-09-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Defiant1
The ratings are still solid (the S2 premiere was the highest rated episode since the pilot). It's just that the demographics of DVD Talk do not match those of Revenge. I'm still loving the show. It's the only* network drama I watch regularly.

*Well, I've been watching Last Resort too but we're only two eps in and the ratings are soft so who knows what will happen there.
What you said, plus the fact that Sunday night has well over 10 hours of programming in one night (depending on how much you watch and record) Most people in this forum seem to watch only a handful of shows in 1 night before they go to bed.
Old 10-09-12, 09:28 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really wanted to like this series, but can't get into it at all.
Old 10-10-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I agree and even my wife is starting to lose interest.

Too many plot lines, characters and inexplicable events to keep this going. It was so much better last year.
Old 10-10-12, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Dang man, so many twists and turns in this episode.

Just to correct Fist of Doom's comment, it was actually Conrad who made that remark about Victoria and the devil not wanting her....Still a funny comment.

Okay, I'm a little confused about the whole baby situation with "Amanda" So, is the baby really his? Em told her that she faked the results to say the baby was his. Although a little later when she was talking with Nolan, I got a different impression that she actually didn't do anything.

Was the guy at the end who shot Bill Buchanan the same one who was with Takeda in the last episode?
Old 10-10-12, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really was Jack's baby and yes, that was the same guy with Takeda and he was also at the Grayson Board meeting.
Old 10-10-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay, I'm a little confused about the whole baby situation with "Amanda" So, is the baby really his? Em told her that she faked the results to say the baby was his. Although a little later when she was talking with Nolan, I got a different impression that she actually didn't do anything.
The baby is Jack's, but Emily told Amanda she altered the results.

I think it was done to keep Amanda in her corner and in her control with this "favor" of (not) changing the test results. One less loose end/cannon running around on her for now.