Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Revolution -- "No Quarter" -- 10/01/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
On the run from Militia, Nora (Daniella Alonso) leads Miles (Billy Burke) and Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) back to the Rebel camp. Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) and Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips) search for Grace (Maria Howell) and Danny (Graham Rogers) stands up to one of Captain Neville's (Giancarlo Esposito) men. JD Pardo, David Lyons and Tim Guinee also star, and Mark Pellegrino and Michael Mosley guest star.

Read more: Listings - REVOLUTION on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz28637PUiW

Episode 3 of 22 (Full season ordered 10/2/12)

Promo:

<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1418594" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited by DJariya; 10-02-12 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-01-12, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Revolution -- "No Quarter" -- 10/01/12

Fucking Hunger Games girl is annoying.

There. It has been said. Can we get this in the OP starting next week?
Old 10-02-12, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Slightly improved this week. Still I have to nitpick. The batteries in those devices would have been long dead unless this magical gadget also powers nearby electronics rather than just lifting the "blanket" on power.
Old 10-02-12, 01:49 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Is it wrong that I was secretly rooting for the soldier who shot the kid's father after he gave him his fucking water and then beat the shit out of him with a bagful of hammers?

All of the teens on shows like these always seem like spoiled brats who grew up in the era of parents who don't believe in spanking.

The only part of this show I'm really enjoying is watching the Dad from Twilight and his badass sword fighting moves.

And yes, Katniss-Lite also needs to spend some time with the bagful of hammers.
Old 10-02-12, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Slightly improved this week. Still I have to nitpick. The batteries in those devices would have been long dead unless this magical gadget also powers nearby electronics rather than just lifting the "blanket" on power.
Haven't watched the episode yet but I've been waiting for this to pop up. If whatever is going on halts the flow of electrons then batteries wouldn't have drained out over time.
Old 10-02-12, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bluesix
with a bagful of hammers?
lol. that was more like a bag filled with OTHER bags of hammers.... that was just all sorts of random being the size was just so off...

anyways, well I'm still hanging in there being I'm a sucker for anything with a post apocalyptic theme but I really dislike this show's "world".. I thought (and wanted) a much more gritty sort of setting..

and it's nit picky but the whole thing with a lack of bullets and modern fire arms everywhere is just total BS.. I understand why they are doing it story wise but it's not like bullet making require modern day level infrastructure. They were making smokeless cartridges in the early 1900s if I rem right..

that being said, I did appreciate the Zapp Brannigan "Wave after wave of my own men" school of tactics being tested out on the sniper..
Old 10-02-12, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bluesix
Is it wrong that I was secretly rooting for the soldier who shot the kid's father after he gave him his fucking water and then beat the shit out of him with a bagful of hammers?

All of the teens on shows like these always seem like spoiled brats who grew up in the era of parents who don't believe in spanking.

The only part of this show I'm really enjoying is watching the Dad from Twilight and his badass sword fighting moves.

And yes, Katniss-Lite also needs to spend some time with the bagful of hammers.
She and her brother are far more obnoxious than any of the supposed villains.
Old 10-02-12, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I did appreciate the Zapp Brannigan "Wave after wave of my own men" school of tactics being tested out on the sniper..
Yeah if that's one of the Militia's top commanding officers then you have to wonder how they ever came to power in the first place. They must have borrowed a Soviet-era infantry training manual.
Old 10-02-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

This show would be more tolerable if the two leads were better actors.

And I am tired of him slinging his backpack around on one shoulder. It's not practical - no soldier would do that! Particularly when their life is on the line...
Old 10-02-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The girl is not good enough to lead the show.
This show is this years Terra Nova.
Old 10-02-12, 11:17 AM

I enjoyed this one more and mainly for the flashbacks. If this was just about Monroe vs. American rebels angle I would be fine. Not concerned with the saving the brother thing but really dug the whole premise of how the Monroe Army started (assuming what I think is right).
Old 10-02-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think its funny when these characters bust with random pop culture references. "Let's Shawshank out of here!" Cue crickets as the younger people have no idea what they are talking about.

I may have missed all the backstory, but the British woman lost her kids because she was in the US when the blackout happened? It has been 15 years, couldn't she have taken a boat to them by now?
Old 10-02-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Let's admit it, the show is awful and aimed at the tween market. It's hard to figure out what's worse, the acting or the planning behind the series. I'm sorry, this episode was it for me. Terra Nova at least had an extensive effects budget and the production looked better. This is a show that wouldn't be out of place on a cable net like Syfy. I think NBC thought the JJ Abrams connection would help sell it, no matter how bad the show actually turned out to be.
Old 10-02-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
It has been 15 years, couldn't she have taken a boat to them by now?
She would need a sailboat and someone who could navigate by the stars. Which would be rare and highly valued (the navigator).
Old 10-02-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's the *real* problem: if the ratings stay good and this lasts more than a season, I may weaken and end up watching it.

Please don't let that happen.
Old 10-02-12, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It has been 15 years, couldn't she have taken a boat to them by now?
how could she do this?
Old 10-02-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

can someone post the ratings over the past 3 shows
Old 10-02-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski
She would need a sailboat and someone who could navigate by the stars. Which would be rare and highly valued (the navigator).
And a current almanac and accurate time (if you want to calculate longitude).

I assume without computers, no one is publishing an annual almanac, and the radio transmissions for time stations are down. In fact, the easiest modern way to disseminate accurate time is via GPS.
Old 10-02-12, 03:32 PM

According to EW:

NBC has ordered full seasons of the new drama Revolution and the freshman comedies Go On and The New Normal.

After three telecasts, Revolution is averaging a 3.6/9 share in adults 18-49 and 9.8 million viewers, while Go On is earning a 3.2/9 and 8.6 million viewers, and Normal a 2.2/6 and 6.0 million.

“We’re impressed with the imagination and creative direction of the entire team on Revolution, not to mention the immediately strong response we got from the audience,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke in a statement. “Ordering the full season of this show is a pleasure. Thanks to J.J. Abrams, Erik Kripke, Jon Favreau, and everyone at Bad Robot and Warner Bros. Television for their dedication to making a truly unique series. And I personally love to escape into a world where there is no power, the phone doesn’t ring, and the pace of life slows down — if only for one hour a week!
Old 10-02-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

I may have missed all the backstory, but the British woman lost her kids because she was in the US when the blackout happened? It has been 15 years, couldn't she have taken a boat to them by now?
What if she is afraid of water?
Old 10-02-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SteelWill
Haven't watched the episode yet but I've been waiting for this to pop up. If whatever is going on halts the flow of electrons then batteries wouldn't have drained out over time.
Everything and everyone would also be dead if this were the case.
Old 10-02-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Let's admit it, the show is awful and aimed at the tween market. It's hard to figure out what's worse, the acting or the planning behind the series. I'm sorry, this episode was it for me. Terra Nova at least had an extensive effects budget and the production looked better. This is a show that wouldn't be out of place on a cable net like Syfy. I think NBC thought the JJ Abrams connection would help sell it, no matter how bad the show actually turned out to be.
Old 10-02-12, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Getting a full season. At least this show is getting a full 22 episode season unlike Terra Nova, which only produced 13 and got canned. Although I'm more of a fan of H50 and Castle, I'm glad to see a serialized show like this got some support.

Looking forward to the comments...."Has Revolution gotten any better?" later in the season.
Old 10-02-12, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb

that being said, I did appreciate the Zapp Brannigan "Wave after wave of my own men" school of tactics being tested out on the sniper..
Old 10-02-12, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
This show is this years Terra Nova.
she even reminds me of the one girl in terra nova
when I first saw commercials for it I had to check IMDB as I thought it was the same actress

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.