SS Hell Pack - Which version do I keep?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-01-12, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Through a recent series of misfortunes, I've now acquired two versions of the 3 movie set known as SS Hell Pack http://www.amazon.com/SS-Hell-Pack-T.../dp/B0011NVC4S

One is your typical 3 disc set, shoved into a basic thick paper type case.

The other is a standard sized DVD case but I'm assuming it's holding 3 DVDs inside.

I need to get rid of one but I'm not sure if there's any real differences between the two, other than the case. On one hand, the one with 3 cases is clearly taking up more space. If through some act of magic, these films are released on blu-ray and in an even more unlikely event, I end up owning one or more of them, it would be easy enough to sell off the individual films.

On the other hand, if I keep the standard sized case, containing multiple discs and there's some sort of upgrade or I get one or more films in some 50 movie set, I'm pretty much stuck with it since I can't easily just sell off a disc by itself.

I'm hoping, no matter how unlikely, there's some Nazi DVD expert out there that can help me with my dilemma.

--Stumped SS Man in Germany
Old 10-01-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
Re: SS Hell Pack - Which version do I keep?

Both have the exact same content.

The first release of the set had 3 separate keep cases, with their own individual artwork, housed in a slipcase.

The new release had all 3 (separate) discs inside a 3-disc keep case, with combined/altered artwork.

The content is the same, so keep whatever pleases you aesthetically

EDIT: Both packs were commanding pretty high prices at one point in time, I wonder what happened?
Old 10-01-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's been going in and out of stock pretty frequently but it looks like more than a few people found it elsewhere and started selling at amazon.

I managed to get both sets earlier this year from Barnes and Noble but I had an order with Amazon back in February that I completely forgot about. Amazon sent me a shipping soon notice last week and I couldn't get it cancelled, so now I have both.

I'll probably end up getting rid of the larger set since shelf space is limited. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-02-12, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
It's been going in and out of stock pretty frequently but it looks like more than a few people found it elsewhere and started selling at amazon.
The SS Hell Pack #2 was fetching quite a bit when I checked on Ebay this year. Odd that it looks like prices have calmed down since then.