TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 21 -- Season Premiere -- "Double Your Money" -- 9/30/12

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Amazing Race 21 -- Season Premiere -- "Double Your Money" -- 9/30/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"The Amazing Race" Recently Captured its Ninth Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program

"Double Your Money" - The pressure hits an all-time high as Teams discover that a new twist will allow one Team to possibly win a $2 million grand prize. Meanwhile, one team's act of kindness comes back to haunt them, on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Sept. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

THE AMAZING RACE recently captured its ninth Emmy Award for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program."

Following are the 11 teams, listed in no particular order:

Name: Natalie Anderson Age: 26 Hometown: Edgewater, N.J. Current occupation: Physical Therapy student

Name: Nadiya Anderson Age: 26 Hometown: Edgewater, N.J. Current occupation: Project Coordinator at Bridge2Peace

Connection: Twin Sisters

Name: Josh Kilmer-Purcell Age: 43 Hometown: Sharon Springs, N.Y. Current occupation: Goat Farmer/ Advertising Executive/Author

Name: Brent Ridge Age: 38 Hometown: Sharon Springs, N.Y. Current occupation: Chief Executive Officer of Beekman 1802

Connection: Goat Farmers/Life Partners

Name: Rob French Age: 46 Hometown: Boston, Ga. Current occupation: Professional Monster Truck Driver

Name: Kelley Carrington-French Age: 50 Hometown: Boston, Ga. Current occupation: Professional Monster Truck Driver

Connection: Married Monster Truckers

Name: Trey Wier Age: 23 Hometown: Austin, Texas Current occupation: Land Consultant/ Former College Athlete

Name: Alexis "Lexi" Beerman Age: 22 Hometown: Dripping Springs, Texas Current occupation: Clothing designer

Connection: Dating

Name: James LoMenzo Age: 53 Hometown: Burbank, Calif. Current occupation: Professional Musician/ Former Band Member of White Lion and Megadeth

Name: Mark "Abba" Abbattista Age: 45 Hometown: Denver, Colo. Current occupation: Entertainment Lawyer

Connection: Friends

Name: Abbie Ginsberg Age: 31 Hometown: Encinitas, Calif. Current occupation: Dance Instructor/ Choreographer

Name: Ryan Danz Age: 35 Hometown: San Diego, Calif. Current occupation: Financial Service Company Owner

Connection: Dating Divorcees

Name: Jaymes Vaughan Age: 30 Hometown: Las Vegas, Nev. Current occupation: Chippendales MC

Name: James Davis Age: 27 Hometown: Las Vegas, Nev. Current occupation: Chippendales Dancer

Connection: Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends

Name: Rob Scheer Age: 52 Hometown: Ketchikan, Alaska Current occupation: Lumberjack and Entrepreneur

Name: Sheila Castle Age: 44 Hometown: Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Current occupation: Retail Manager

Connection: Engaged

Name: Caitlin King Age: 24 Hometown: Atlanta, Ga. Current occupation: Special Ed Teacher

Name: Brittany Fletcher Age: 25 Hometown: Chicago, Ill. Current occupation: Medical Device Sales

Connection: Best Friends

Name: Gary Wojnar Age: 52 Hometown: Livonia, Mich. Current occupation: Substitute Teacher

Name: Will Chiola Age: 53 Hometown: Dearborn Heights, Mich. Current occupation: Substitute Teacher

Connection: Best Friends/Substitute Teachers

Name: Amy Purdy Age: 32 Hometown: Summit County, Colo. Current occupation: Motivational Speaker/Snowboarder (Amy is a double amputee)

Name: Daniel Gale Age: 36 Hometown: Summit County, Colo. Current occupation: Executive Director

Connection: Dating On and Off

Read more: Listings - AMAZING RACE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz27zMkQQWx
Old 09-30-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 21 -- Season Premiere -- "Double Your Money" -- 9/30/12

I'm so excited this is back on. What an incredible night of television!
Old 09-30-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Starting on time tonight?
Old 09-30-12, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Starting on time tonight?
No NFL double header on CBS this week, so it depends on if there is a late game on in your market. For instance, if you live in the Miami area you would probably want to pad.
Old 09-30-12, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Dolphins/Cards is running long and will probably go into OT. If your in the affected market, you need to pad.
Old 09-30-12, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm not going to be able to take much of hearing the twins voices. The sooner they go the better.
Old 09-30-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm not going to be able to take much of hearing the twins voices. The sooner they go the better.
They're almost as bad as the twins from the Bachelor Pad.
Old 09-30-12, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only padded 15 minutes so I got cut off when they kicked off
Spoiler:
the old folks.

They didn't get a reprieve, did they?
Old 09-30-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Only padded 15 minutes so I got cut off when they kicked off
Spoiler:
the old folks.

They didn't get a reprieve, did they?
Nope.
Old 09-30-12, 11:03 PM
Banned

Did we really need two sets of gay people?
Old 09-30-12, 11:09 PM
Banned

Those Indian girls are painful to listen to.
Old 09-30-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Went with Ryan and Abbie halfway through the episode, and they won the first leg. Looks like I will be rooting for them.
Old 10-01-12, 12:57 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Did we really need two sets of gay people?
Is there a quota? They could have all 11 teams be gay for all I care -- gay or straight has little to do with how well/how interestingly a team runs the race.

But besides the goat farmers, I wasn't aware any of the teams were gay.
Old 10-01-12, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Went with Ryan and Abbie halfway through the episode, and they won the first leg. Looks like I will be rooting for them.
Major pair of douches. No way in heck they're winning the 2 million. They don't deserve it after what they pulled.
Old 10-01-12, 06:52 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Douches? What did I miss?
Old 10-01-12, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Major pair of douches. No way in heck they're winning the 2 million. They don't deserve it after what they pulled.
While I agree with you, I also feel that it was VERY STUPID for that team to help the other teams when you are so close to the pit stop. I mean, all the teams are trying to win. This is a competition. There is no rule that says, "I just helped you, so now you cannot run past me on the way to the finish..."
Old 10-01-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8vette
While I agree with you, I also feel that it was VERY STUPID for that team to help the other teams when you are so close to the pit stop. I mean, all the teams are trying to win. This is a competition. There is no rule that says, "I just helped you, so now you cannot run past me on the way to the finish..."
The substitute teachers /fans of the show had the right idea. Do everything within the rules to win. This first leg was for a chance to win 2 million dollars if you come in first. Why the heck are you giving away the location of the clue when you know the pit stop is next? Anyway, it was an okay start to the race.
Old 10-01-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Agreed. On a "normal" leg, the right thing to do may be to defer to the team that helped you, but not when there is potentially another $1M on the line.
Old 10-01-12, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by bralph
Agreed. On a "normal" leg, the right thing to do may be to defer to the team that helped you, but not when there is potentially another $1M on the line.
Thinking about it, every leg has some pretty nice prizes for being first. If you know you are not first and no where near last, I can see being helpful, but you always run a risk in doing so...
Old 10-01-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While I didn't have a problem with Ryan and Abbie leapfrogging to win the leg, I wonder if it will put a mark on their back and keep others from helping not only because word will get around that they will take advantage but also because others may resent the extra million opportunity.

Results were great for them, especially with the extra million chance, but it's pretty early on to make enemies. They definitely did what they should have, but the consequences could hurt them down the road.
Old 10-01-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bralph
Agreed. On a "normal" leg...
I don't think that was necessary.
Old 10-01-12, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
Old 10-01-12, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
It was a mistake on Amy/Daniel's part, but that was one of the lowest things I've seen done on The Race.
In the heat of competition, I'd probably be tempted, but I hope I'd never sink that low.
Plus, Ryan/Abbie's celebratory finish was really over the top considering what had happened.

How many first leggers have won before?
Old 10-01-12, 11:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Am I the only one here that realizes this is a race? It's not "let's all be friends and everybody gets a participation ribbon". I fail to see what is "douchey" or "low" about passing somebody who is going slower than you.
Old 10-01-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did they even know they were in first place? If a team is dumb enough to give you information you say thank you and move on, it doesn't entitle that team to finish in front of you. I hate to say it but if Amy had 2 legs and she was just running slow no one here would have cared whether they got passed or not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.