Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV The Challenge - Battle of the Seasons 09/19/2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
MTV The Challenge - Battle of the Seasons 09/19/2012

Didn't look like there was a thread for this.

It's another battle of the seasons featuring mainly recent Real World seasons. The only slightly older seasons were Austin and Vegas. Outside of the Austin and Vegas people, the Fresh Meat team, and a couple of former challenge vets (like Sarah from NY), I don't really know any of these people

The rules...Each season team is two guys and two girls (Vegas is Alton/Trishelle and 2 new Vegas people). The worst team for each challenge is automatically sent into the arena where they will face the a team selected by the winning team. Two members of the team perform the arena challenge and the losing team goes home.
Old 09-20-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: MTV The Challenge - Battle of the Seasons 09/19/2012

Episode one comments...even though he's one of the few people I knew out there I'm still not sorry to see Wes go home first. His act has worn thin. Feel a little bad for the Austin girl who had never done a challenge before, but whatever.

I wish they had gotten a Fresh Meat guy other than Eric. I've seen enough of Eric.
Old 09-20-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
MTV's The Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2012)

I know we never created a thread for "Real World:St. Thomas" but there has to be more interest in a new season of The Challenge, right?

It's weird how so many of the people are nearly unrecognizable to me even though I've watched all of their Real World seasons. There's a lot less of the "regulars" than in other seasons.

And I can't believe that:
Spoiler:
Wes got send home already. They should have sent that putz Danny in. How do teams compete once they are down to two players?

Damn, someone created a thread just as I was creating this one. Can someone merge this into that thread?
Old 09-20-12, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of not having the same old people doing the same old things, but this show really works because of Bananas, Evan, Kenny, Paula, Ev, CT, Diem, Susie (ok, she's been done for a while, but I still lay claim to her), etc. Dumping all of them for people that I don't know makes me less inclined to care much, which is why I entirely forgot to watch.

Well, also because after Dan lost and Frank won, I spent a lot of the night sobbing.
Old 09-20-12, 06:07 PM

I have no idea who anyone is, I love this show but couldn't get through 20 minutes of this one
Old 09-20-12, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wes is one of those love to hate him characters. Its always nice to see him get beat but ultimately the show is more entertaining with him there.
Old 09-20-12, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Big E running over Wes and using his head to ring the bell was a highlight.
Old 09-20-12, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh shit, didn't know this started. Will have to hunt for a re-air.
Old 09-20-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Oh shit, didn't know this started. Will have to hunt for a re-air.
Friday, I'm pretty sure.
Old 09-20-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

You're outta luck. MTV never reruns anything.
Old 09-20-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like Friday at 7, but i'll just deal with the ads on their website and watch it online. I know MTV reairs stuff all the time, they're just scattered all over the place... which is what I meant by hunt for it.
Old 09-21-12, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogieman03
When the Fresh Meat team showed up I was mad because I was going "This cycle is supposed to be about actual members of the Real World! Stop bringing in the people who weren't good enough to get cast on the show but because they've done Challenges, think they belong there in terms of tenure" because I really am of people coming in from Challenges and then thinking they have as much right to claim the same level of "seniority" as RW cast members.

And then Big E took out Wes and all was right with the world and the producers were forgiven.

Kinda shocked by how all the couples coming in (except for Austin because we knew about their divorce) couldn't make it together. Very curious to see if we find out what happened to San Diego.
Old 09-21-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Old 09-21-12, 10:04 AM

I was hoping that the van was going to be some kind of all star Bananas, Mark, Ev & Laurel/Paula combo.

Then Eric walked out. Great watching him bowl over Wes, but the inability for him to climb up the ladder just shows how useless he is on the show, even down 70lbs
Old 09-21-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by stuff
I was hoping that the van was going to be some kind of all star Bananas, Mark, Ev & Laurel/Paula combo.

Then Eric walked out. Great watching him bowl over Wes, but the inability for him to climb up the ladder just shows how useless he is on the show, even down 70lbs
Yeah, I was hoping for some sort of all star group too. Kind of a disappointment there.
Old 09-21-12, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Frank is still a drunk lunatic, seems weird seeing him and Zach as best friends. Johanne looked stupid dumping her boyfriend bAck home after talking to Zach the first night.
Old 09-21-12, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stuff

Well, Paula, Mark, and JB weren't Fresh Meat people, but they could have easily used people like Kenny, Evan, and Laurel. The only one of the Fresh Meat people that I like is Cara Maria b/c I find her attractive in a weird girl way. I'm ambivalent about Camilla, and I don't even remember the other guy's name without looking it up.

I wish we could have gotten a DC team, b/c I feel like we've at least somewhat gotten to know Emily and Ty on these challenges. That would have been a team I could have rooted for. At this point, I don't know who I'm rooting for b/c I never liked Trishelle; Danny is a douche, and I can't even name two people on any of the other non-Fresh Meat teams.
Old 09-22-12, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Frank is still a drunk lunatic, seems weird seeing him and Zach as best friends. Johanne looked stupid dumping her boyfriend bAck home after talking to Zach the first night.
Yeah Frank's still a drunk lunatic but it looks like Zach got over his homophobia,. That alone makes it a good thing.
Old 09-23-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
You're outta luck. MTV never reruns anything.
MTV has all those music videos to show. No time for reruns. Too bad because I love to watch each episode at least 60 times.
Old 10-17-12, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Anyone still watching?

I caught up on the last 2 episodes. Nany is a trainwreck, and i'm glad I didn't watch whatever season Knight and Jemmye were on because they're both fucking annoying. Can't blame Knight too much for knowing he could make Nany trip out that easily, but what a giant douche. Also funny to see Camilla bitch about the "new" people and their alliance, when that has always happened on this show.
Old 10-17-12, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Anyone still watching?

I caught up on the last 2 episodes. Nany is a trainwreck, and i'm glad I didn't watch whatever season Knight and Jemmye were on because they're both fucking annoying. Can't blame Knight too much for knowing he could make Nany trip out that easily, but what a giant douche. Also funny to see Camilla bitch about the "new" people and their alliance, when that has always happened on this show.
I'm still watching. I'm actually surprised that I'm "enjoying" it with so many strange faces and the people that I know least are winning a lot.

I hope this thread can manage to stop on the first page, so I can comment after tonight's episode. I've wanted to make a few comments before, but I always feel like I'm repeating myself with shows like this. Camilla one season is the same as the next and the behavior for the new faces is about the same as it is with the more recognizable faces.

This show is like BB, I have no idea why I like it, I just do.
Old 10-17-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Shake my head at Easy. What a big puss.
Old 10-18-12, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't like Camilla all the time, but I had no problem with what she said to him. If she went over the top, they edited that out.

I have huge respect for how much passion Camilla had that she lost it and wanted to finish the challenge alone just to stay in the game.

I'd be angry if I ever saw Big Easy back.

Surprised that such competitive people and often nasty people, would take Easy's side. It's not a typical situation where someone picked on someone for no good reason. She lost it in the heat of battle when her partner quit on her.
Old 10-18-12, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think it helped that Camilla is not exactly a sympathetic person. Still, Eric has always been a boring waste of space in these challenges. With all the Fresh Meat guys they had to pick from they chose him. Really?

I find myself rooting for Brooklyn almost by default now. "Hey, I know Sarah, and I sort of remember Chet". She's been off MTV for so long that I had forgotten what a collassal bitch Trishelle is.

Of the new teams, I guess I'm rooting for St Thomas. I don't like either of the two power teams (San Diego/Cancun). In spite of Trishelle, I could live with Vegas winning.

I'm still pissed Cara Maria went home that early.
Old 10-18-12, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I don't think it helped that Camilla is not exactly a sympathetic person. Still, Eric has always been a boring waste of space in these challenges. With all the Fresh Meat guys they had to pick from they chose him. Really?

I find myself rooting for Brooklyn almost by default now. "Hey, I know Sarah, and I sort of remember Chet". She's been off MTV for so long that I had forgotten what a collassal bitch Trishelle is.

Of the new teams, I guess I'm rooting for St Thomas. I don't like either of the two power teams (San Diego/Cancun). In spite of Trishelle, I could live with Vegas winning.

I'm still pissed Cara Maria went home that early.
I totally get that about Camilla. It's just funny that mean people criticize other mean people. I guess I'm saying there aren't very many sympathetic people ever on the Challenge. Diem...Cara Maria some. Not many.

Chet's comments to the camera about that one guy being out of glitter is just as nasty as Camilla's big mouth comments. She just happens to say it when she feels it, which is almost always, rather than mostly say it behind people's back. Ev seemed bitchy for a long time and she won me over big time because she was so good at the game and gave her all. She also mellowed out a bit, unlike Camilla. I wonder if we've seen the last of Ev.

But someone who fights their ass off to win, always gets my respect even if they engage in some piss poor behavior most of the time.

I only know Sarah, Chet, Trishelle and maybe 1 other person. So, I guess it's just Sarah that I want to see win for now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.