Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

goHastings.com, site down?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been getting this message all day.
Old 09-19-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Re: goHastings.com, site down?

Their FB page posted earlier that the website was down. Also indicated their customer service phone lines were unavailable.
Old 09-20-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's still down.
Old 09-21-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From their FB page:

We are getting close to having goHastings.com up and running. The plan is for it to be up later this afternoon. We will update you all as soon as it is available. The customer service phone lines are operational. Customer service will be open on Saturday and Sunday, this weekend, from 9am – 9pm CT to answer any questions you may have. All emails sent to Customer Service during the outage will be answered in the order they were received. Your continued patience is appreciated as we have 2,700 emails to answer.

Our stores were unaffected by this outage and continued to sell product, so you may see a few goHastings.com order cancellations as we were not able to process pending orders during this outage and the product could have sold at the store. Our stores have started picking and processing your orders today and plan to be caught up on shipping by Saturday evening.

This week’s goHastings.com promotion of Used Mix and Match Buy 1 Get 1 50% off..., Buy 1 get 1 50% off Headphones and 25% off of Dr. Who Trends will continue through next Saturday 9/29.

Now for the question I know all of you want the answer to… What happened? We had a major hardware failure. I’m sure many of you have speculated on whether we were hacked and any customer information compromised. I can assure you that no data was compromised. The million dollar piece of equipment that failed was designed to be fully redundant but the redundancy failed. The manufacturer has replaced the equipment and is investigating what went wrong.

As Director of eCommerce for goHastings.com I want to apologize to each and every one of you, our loyal goHastings.com customers and thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Vicki Maloney
Old 09-21-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Site is back up now.
Old 11-14-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Anyone been having problems lately? I haven't been able to open my cart for about a week. I click on "Shopping Cart" and the smaller box pops up for about 1 second...then nothing.

Today a new twist has happened. Here's what my the titles in my wish list look like:

Funny, but I don't remember ordering multiple copies of Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat 2: Nyu.

Is this happening to anyone else? Has my computer gone 'round the bend? I've updated Java and Adobe, and neither has helped.

Anybody got any suggestions?

EDIT: In partial answer to my own question, I've got the shopping cart back. I put in a call to my brother, who suggested that it might be a problem with the cookies. It was. Fixed. I still don't know why so many of the DVDs in my Wish List have been retitled, though.

Last edited by rbrown498; 11-14-12 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-15-12, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

They have a glitchy site that tends to hang for random reasons. Clearing your cookies usually solves the problem on their site or changing browsers.