Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Leverage -- 2 Hour Summer Finale -- "The Rundown Job/The Frame-Up Job" -- 9/16/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Leverage -- 2 Hour Summer Finale -- "The Rundown Job/The Frame-Up Job" -- 9/16/12

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Eliot, Hardison and Parker team up with a colonel to thwart a terrorist's plot to launch a biological attack on Washington, D.C.

In Hour 2, Sophie is charged with stealing a valuable painting, triggering Nate's efforts to clear her good name and take down the real crook.

Special Guest Star:
Adam Baldwin (Chuck)

Episode 9 and 10 of 15

to tonight's guest star.
Old 09-17-12, 11:52 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Leverage -- 2 Hour Summer Finale -- "The Rundown Job/The Frame-Up Job" -- 9/16/12

I have fast forwarded through every episode this season except the DB Cooper one. The show has lost a lot of its appeal to me... EXCEPT... I absolutely LOVED the first episode, the terrorist threat, with Adam Baldwin. Dare I say, this show is better WITHOUT Nate and Morticia, uh, Sophie.
Old 09-17-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts
Re: Leverage -- 2 Hour Summer Finale -- "The Rundown Job/The Frame-Up Job" -- 9/16/12

I only watched the first of the two episodes but I kinda agree. If they changed the show to where the three of them worked for Baldwin's character and had a new case each week, I think it may be better than it is now.
Old 09-18-12, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Loved the first episode. It was probably the best of the season. I'll get to the finale later.

Question: has this been renewed for another season?
Old 09-18-12, 07:18 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

as much as I loved the first episode, I loathed the summer finale. ugh. it's like two totally different shows. The earlier episode like a cool version of the Mod Squad, with the later episode playing out like a tired unused script for Hart to Hart.
Old 09-19-12, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I have fast forwarded through every episode this season except the DB Cooper one. The show has lost a lot of its appeal to me... EXCEPT... I absolutely LOVED the first episode, the terrorist threat, with Adam Baldwin. Dare I say, this show is better WITHOUT Nate and Morticia, uh, Sophie.
I don't hate Sophie most as much here. So both episodes I found entertaining. I found the plot in the first one kinda unbelivable but that didn't deter my enjoyment for the first episode. I liked the second episode too even if it was just a Sophie and Nate have problems and solve a crime episode.

I too am trying to figure out why I haven't enjoyed this season as much. Perhaps because there are less cons and more straight forward stories. I haven't seen all the episodes this summer though.
Old 09-20-12, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

WOW, Monte Markman. I thought he retired years ago.
I haven't seen him in anything for 20-25 years. Last time was in ST:TNG.
Nice to see Monte back in action. One of my favorite 70's guest appearance actors.

I thought both episodes were nicely produce.
Looks like Christian Kane got a hair cut. He Looks way better with shorter hair.
It occur to me that Tim and Gina would make a good "Nick & Nora Charles".

Last edited by will travel; 09-20-12 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-20-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

I really enjoy this series one thing though that is kinda bugging me this year is there is no real sense of dread that they will get hurt or fail. Almost a little too fluffy this year. Can't really put my finger on it but something feels off.
Old 09-21-12, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Finally saw the finale and it was pretty good. I hope the writers get back to some of the issues from last season: why did they move to Portland (Nate said there was a reason), what is Nate planning, where's our big bad?
Old 09-23-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

That 1st episode was fucking weird. The entire tone of the show was completely different. The characters were acting different. Even the dialogue was different. Having said that, it was a good episode.
Old 09-24-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by will travel
WOW, Monte [Markham]. I thought he retired years ago.
I haven't seen him in anything for 20-25 years. Last time was in ST:TNG.
Nice to see Monte back in action. One of my favorite 70's guest appearance actors.
It looks like he took about a decade off; from 1999-2011 he didn't do much besides some voiceover work.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0548449/