Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

my tv is distorted. please help!

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

my tv is distorted. please help!

Old 10-20-00, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have a very old TV. One day, I started to see these little sections on the picture where it was stretched to the right side of the screen. Eventually this got worse. I notice that the distortion usually occurs when there are sudden changes in the picture(i.e.: if there are blinds on the screen, then the picture is distorted with the lines of the blinds. Or: the distortion goes with the subtitles, stretching the picture where they are.) Then, the vertical hold stopped working and whenever i turned on the TV after being off for a while, the picture would spin around for about twenty minutes.

This angered me.

So I replaced the TV with a Sony 17" Trinitron KV-27S42. Now, I have started to see the same types of distortion in the new TV. They aren't as bad though and the vertical hold always works. Since it happened twice I knew it wasn't the TV's. I thought it might have something to do with magnets. I moved my speakers as far away from the TV as I could. It didn't stop.

So I removed my Laser Disc player, which I didn't really use too much. It didn't stop.

I moved my DVD Player as far away as I could from the TV. Nothing.

I suspect it may have something to do with the VCR. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what I should do?

This really pisses me off...
Old 10-21-00, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevermind. I found a post made by caiman earlier.