Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection (11/13/12)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-24-12, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
Cowabunga! Collect the Complete TMNT Classic TV Series Set - all 10 seasons together for the first time in a 23-disc set in totally awesome collectible packaging! Experience the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle saga in this totally tubular 23-disc set of the original animated series, featuring all 10 seasons in one complete cowabunga collection! From their origins on the comic book page to the depths of Dimension X and beyond, the pizza- loving, shell-busting Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo, with the guidance of their Sensei Master Splinter, have been delighting fans for decades with their turtle power. Whether it's facing fierce enemies Krang, Shredder and Lord Dregg, saving humanity from near extinction, or battling against life-altering mutations, the half-shell heroes are always ready for heart-stopping, time-bending, straight outta the sewer action!

Lionsgate Entertainment has announced to retailers today that on November 13th they're making a 23-DVD gift set available for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Complete Classic Series Collection. Packaged inside an exclusive, plastic molded collectible "party van" that passionate fans will be sure to want, you'll get all 10 seasons (including all the same on-disc bonus content found in the previous individual releases) at a cost of $99.98 SRP. Here's a gallery with 3 different looks at the new title's totally tubular "party packaging:

SOURCE
Old 08-24-12, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection (11/13/12)

they need to have a mail in option to get the van for those of us that spent the 8+ years buying them individually
Old 08-24-12, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection (11/13/12)

Originally Posted by Novasonic
they need to have a mail in option to get the van for those of us that spent the 8+ years buying them individually
8 years? It's been that long? Sheesh, I remember being so excited when they released the first volume. And now you are telling me that, it took almost a decade to get everything... I feel old.
Old 08-24-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

So so so glad I waited!
Old 08-24-12, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

http://www.badhaven.com/tv/tv-news/s...ja-turtle-van/
Old 08-24-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This will be mine.
Old 08-25-12, 12:01 AM

I asked TVShowsonDVD.com via Twitter whether they believe the episodes will finally be placed in their proper order and if the complete series will be released in another fashion other than the Party Van design. They responded with:

"Sorry, but our expectation is that this is just the existing DVDs & content, just packed together. Only the van was announced".

If this is the case, then I find it pretty inexcusable. Lionsgate couldn't locate certain episodes for certain seasons only to locate them later on and then include them on later seasons as mere bonus features. If the episodes are now located then it's absurd if they don't take the time to just add them back into there proper context. If you want to urge Lionsgate to take the proper steps to correct this issue I'd email them at:

[email protected]

If enough people bring this to there attention then hopefully changes can be made so that we see the series the way it should be seen.
Old 08-25-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
So so so glad I waited!
Agreed!
Old 08-25-12, 08:01 PM

I just sent an email to them asking if they'd make the turtle van available to those of us that bought all the individual volumes already.
Old 08-25-12, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

$100 for the complete series? Count me in, awesome deal. Glad I only bought the first couple volumes.

Originally Posted by Kenny22
I asked TVShowsonDVD.com via Twitter whether they believe the episodes will finally be placed in their proper order and if the complete series will be released in another fashion other than the Party Van design. They responded with:

"Sorry, but our expectation is that this is just the existing DVDs & content, just packed together. Only the van was announced".

If this is the case, then I find it pretty inexcusable. Lionsgate couldn't locate certain episodes for certain seasons only to locate them later on and then include them on later seasons as mere bonus features. If the episodes are now located then it's absurd if they don't take the time to just add them back into there proper context. If you want to urge Lionsgate to take the proper steps to correct this issue I'd email them at:

[email protected]

If enough people bring this to there attention then hopefully changes can be made so that we see the series the way it should be seen.
Which episodes are out of order exactly? I looked at the Wikipedia guide and it doesn't seem like many of them are except for a few from season five that were added on to the last set. If I had to guess they probably don't want to re-press discs that are existing. I guess it doesn't bother me too much as long as the episodes are all there anyways.

Last edited by Mike86; 08-25-12 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-25-12, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
Which episodes are out of order exactly? I looked at the Wikipedia guide and it doesn't seem like many of them are except for a few from season five that were added on to the last set. If I had to guess they probably don't want to re-press discs that are existing. I guess it doesn't bother me too much as long as the episodes are all there anyways.
You're right, but it still just feels very convoluted. Of course, it's great to see that all the episodes will actually appear on the set but the breakdown of it all just seems messy:

- Volume 6 of the original releases have the final 10 episodes of Season 3 with the first episode of Season 4 as a bonus feature.

- Season 4's (by this season they were finally billing the packages in season sets) original release contains all 13 syndicated episodes from Season 4 (including the first episode, which already appears on Volume 6), all 26 CBS episodes from Season 4, and one of the final two syndicated episodes of which aired in Season 5, but were left from Season 4.

- Season 5's original release contains all episodes from Season 5, except "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids".

- Season 10's original release contains all 8 episodes from Season 10 and the episodes "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids" Part 1 and 2 which were missing from the Season 5 Set.

I understand if they are choosing to just utilize existing stock of these discs to make up this complete series collection but I just feel that since all the episodes have been found, now is the opportunity to present the show in a much proper format then how they were originally distributed which was out of Lionsgates' control at the time. I'd be happier paying $100 knowing the episodes are adjusted in there proper order as opposed to the very non-shelf appealing packaging. I truly don't complain much about how companies release their product but in this show's case, I've held off buying every release after Volume 1 just due to the very jumbled mess of the show switching shifts from volumes to full seasons and having episodes missing only to resurface in a later seasons as a bonus feature. At the end of the day, if Lionsgate has no intentions of fixing this, I'll still be picking up this collection because I've gone long enough without have the original Turtles show in my collection.
Old 08-25-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Were the episodes found or in control of Lionsgate? If not, there's that to consider. I'm not sure they'd want to pay for something that probably isn't a big seller.

I might pick this up when it hits $75.
Old 08-25-12, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Were the episodes found or in control of Lionsgate? If not, there's that to consider. I'm not sure they'd want to pay for something that probably isn't a big seller.

All the episodes were eventually found which is why they were included as bonus features in later seasons. I just think that since Lionsgate was successful in the long run in locating all the episodes, why not just put them back in the order that they were clearly meant to be released as.
Old 08-25-12, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kenny22
All the episodes were eventually found which is why they were included as bonus features in later seasons. I just think that since Lionsgate was successful in the long run in locating all the episodes, why not just put them back in the order that they were clearly meant to be released as.
Because that would cost them money.
Old 08-25-12, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Because that would cost them money.
You're right, it's just a shame. Like I said, I'll still be picking the collection up it would just be convenient if the episodes were corrected but like another poster mentioned at least all the episodes are included.
Old 08-26-12, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just hoping that the discs are just jammed in some sort of cardboard slot like the Brady Bunch set is.
Old 08-26-12, 09:28 PM

I bought season 2 yesterday for 1.99 i should trade it in and get this instead. I don't have season 1 so im good.
Old 09-01-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks cool, but I'm 2 sets away from having all the random releases. Be cool if they offered the packaging separate though!
Old 09-04-12, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I sold the few I had a few years back when I was unemployed and have wanted to rebuy them ever since, I'm glad I waited!
Old 09-06-12, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers

And amazon had it for $70, so I guess I talked myself into it.
Old 09-11-12, 09:11 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Novasonic
I just sent an email to them asking if they'd make the turtle van available to those of us that bought all the individual volumes already.
Did you ever get an answer back?
Old 09-11-12, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Awesome. So glad I held off after V4 with the shit they were pulling.
Old 09-17-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Pre-Ordered.
Old 11-10-12, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Review is up: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/57983...-disc-dvd-set/
Old 11-14-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Got it yesterday, packaging isn't bad at all, discs aren't even close to rubbing up against one another.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.