Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Breaking Bad -- "Buyout" -- 8/19/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Occupational hazards affect Jesse as he, Walt and Mike deal with business problems.

Written by: Gennifer Hutchison
Directed by: Colin Bucksey

Episode 6 of 8

Inside episode 5 video:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1782530061001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-505-breaking-bad-dead-freight&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1782530061001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-505-breaking-bad-dead-freight&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

I know most of you probably don't have the time to watch the behind the scenes videos that AMC posts about the show, but if your a fan, you really should spend a few minutes and check out these videos. They are very informative.
Old 08-19-12, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Buyout" -- 8/19/12

From Aaron Paul's twitter

Spoiler:

On tonight's episode of breaking bad shit hit'eths the fan.

Not really a spoiler, but just in case.
Old 08-19-12, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love how the fumigation tent looks like a circus tent.
Old 08-19-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

WOW! The dinner scene is one of the best scenes I've ever witnessed. So much epicness!
Old 08-19-12, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
From Aaron Paul's twitter

Spoiler:

On tonight's episode of breaking bad shit hit'eths the fan.

Not really a spoiler, but just in case.
This is probably one of the few episodes where that actually didn't happen.

Good episode but felt more like a set up than something jaw dropping actually happening.
Old 08-19-12, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I've never seen someone work so hard to not make five million.
Old 08-19-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

From what I was told the 5th and 7th episode was supposed to be the huge shocking ones. Next week is number 7.
Old 08-19-12, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I've never seen someone work so hard to not make five million.
That's kinda been their M.O. the entire series, bust ass and and have nothing much to show for it.
Old 08-19-12, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great episode. Everyone is pushing one another to the brink and it's all going to boil over soon.

The dinner scene was hilariously awkward. I loved how Jesse was trying to compliment Skyler and make small talk, but nothing seemed to work. The look on Jesse's face when Skyler brought up the affair was priceless. Aaron Paul did a great job showing how Jesse really is a good person in that scene.

Walt once again showed his true colors when he bullied Skyler into letting Jesse stay for dinner. He gets off on tormenting her now and I think even Jesse noticed it. Same way Jesse noticed Walt whistling a cheerful tune after expressing his regret about the kid dying. Jesse is catching onto Walt and I hope he didn't buy that crap Walt fed him about selling out in the past and not having anything but the business. It's just more of Walt's manipulation and Jesse was exactly right that it's completely different.

Walt's escape was fantastic. No way Mike could have planned for that. I sort of wonder why Mike hasn't just killed Walt already though. It seems like it would be a lot easier and he could probably convince Jesse that Walt came at him first. Either way, the final confrontation was great. Can't wait to see what plan Walt has concocted.
Old 08-19-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Killing kid = ok

Writing fuck = bad
Old 08-19-12, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
WOW! The dinner scene is one of the best scenes I've ever witnessed. So much epicness!
"It's like YO, whatever happened to truth in advertising?!"

Most awkward dinner ever. Perfectly done. I get Skylar is not a fan of her husband's new career path, but Jesse was trying so hard to be a nice, normal dinner guest, and she treated him like such scum.

Yeah, that story from "college" seemed totally made up: 3 people, $5000 instead of $5M...
Old 08-19-12, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What does Skylar really know about him? I think she probably just knows of him as a meth-head who is in business with Walt and therefore isn't aware he:

1) is a far more decent guy than Walt
2) is off meth
3) has a conscience
4) is pretty bright actually

Meanwhile, he was nervous and sounded like the more idiot version of himself. All in all, well done.
Old 08-19-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen

Walt's escape was fantastic.
Fantastic indeed. As soon as he bit that cord I told my wife it'll end up on Mythbusters.
Old 08-19-12, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
Love how the fumigation tent looks like a circus tent.
Er, that's how they all look. I assume it's part of the safety protocol.
Old 08-19-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Yep the dinner scene was definitely awkward.
Spoiler:
It rivals the Thanksgiving dinner scene from Dexter when he ate at The Trinity Killer's home in season four .

I definitely think Jesse is beginning to question Walt's motives more with the "are we in the meth business or making money business?" line and when he heard how carefree Walt was and was whistling a happy tune after hearing the news about the search for the kid Todd killed. It was also nice to see Saul working his magic . Haven't seen enough of him this season.

I really wonder when Skyler will finally crack to Marie about Walt. It seemed like she was damn close tonight.

Also I have to guess that next week we'll see
Spoiler:
the unraveling of the partnership between Jesse and Walt judging off the teaser for the next episode. It basically looked like Walt is trying to force him to cook.

Really can't believe only two are left this year ..
Old 08-20-12, 12:02 AM
Banned

"Jesse, you know my kids are gone."

"Thank God!"

Originally Posted by uteotw
Yeah, that story from "college" seemed totally made up: 3 people, $5000 instead of $5M...
It obviously wasn't, based on everything we know about the Whites' financial situation and what we learned earlier about Grey Matter.
Old 08-20-12, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I don't think the story was made up, but I think Walt is exaggerating the impact it is having on his decision to stay in the meth business. Either he is using it to manipulate Jesse or he is lying to himself, but one way or the other it's more about his ego and desire to be important. It's also, like Jesse said, completely different, but Walt's too stubborn to even consider that at this point.
Old 08-20-12, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I also didn't think the story was made up. We knew enough about it to be able to believe it.

Another great episode. Loved the dinner scene!
Old 08-20-12, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Walter isn't telling Jesse the truth about his (Walter's) motivation, though. His motivation is at this point clearly non-financial. This is what he has. Empire my ass.
Old 08-20-12, 01:27 AM

Walt's escape was SO BADASS. Wow, he kind of won me back over to his character with that kind of desperation. Giving yourself a sustained shock like that would not be pleasant.
Old 08-20-12, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought for sure that Walt was going to kill Mike tonight. I kept waiting for him to grab the gun as he was being restrained and after that didn't happen I was waiting to see how he would kill him when he returned.

Originally Posted by uteotw
Most awkward dinner ever.
I think Walt's birthday dinner was a little more awkward.
Old 08-20-12, 02:13 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That dinner scene was amazing. Thanks Tattoo for supplying the gif, I was about to come in here and request it.

I think the Grey Matter story actually tells us some of Walt's true motivation. He's still trying to one-up his old partners.
Old 08-20-12, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen
[...] Either way, the final confrontation was great. Can't wait to see what plan Walt has concocted.
Spoiler:
In the last few seconds of the preview after tonight's episodes, Walt is standing in the desert with Jesse & Mike. He tosses a bag of blue meth in front of the feet of the men who want to buy the methylamine, saying "You all know who I am" "Heisenberg" "You're damn right"

I wonder if Walt is going to propose a partnership between them and him. Or maybe his opinion of his meth is so high that he thinks he can convince those men to pay a premium price if Walt cooks Walt's share of the meth and then sells that share to those men.

Last edited by Matt_; 08-20-12 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-20-12, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_
Spoiler:

I wonder if Walt is going to propose a partnership between them and him. Or maybe his opinion of his meth is so high that he thinks he can convince those men to pay a premium price if Walt cooks Walt's share of the meth and then sells that share to those men.
Thinking the same thing! I felt extremely uncomfortable for Jesse during the dinner scene.
Old 08-20-12, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yep the dinner scene was definitely awkward.
Spoiler:
It rivals the Thanksgiving dinner scene from Dexter when he ate at The Trinity Killer's home in season four .

I definitely think Jesse is beginning to question Walt's motives more with the "are we in the meth business or making money business?" line and when he heard how carefree Walt was and was whistling a happy tune after hearing the news about the search for the kid Todd killed. It was also nice to see Saul working his magic . Haven't seen enough of him this season.

I really wonder when Skyler will finally crack to Marie about Walt. It seemed like she was damn close tonight.

Also I have to guess that next week we'll see
Spoiler:
the unraveling of the partnership between Jesse and Walt judging off the teaser for the next episode. It basically looked like Walt is trying to force him to cook.

Really can't believe only two are left this year ..
Apparently, there is a song called "Lily of the Valley" and Walt was whistling it during his cook. This show is amazing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.