Michael J. Fox May Return to Television

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-16-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...-return-to-tv/
Michael J. Fox, who starred on the sitcom “Spin City” in the 1990s but stepped aside in 2000 as the symptoms of his Parkinson’s disease worsened, may return to network television next year.

Sony Pictures Television is developing a sitcom that would feature Mr. Fox for the television season that starts in the fall of 2013, according to an executive with direct knowledge of the matter. The person insisted on anonymity because the project had not been publicly announced by Sony.

All four of the major broadcast networks are interested in bidding on the project, according to the entertainment Web site Vulture, which was the first to report on it.

Mr. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 1991 and later founded a nonprofit to provide financing for a search for a cure. Earlier this year he said in an ABC News interview that a new combination of drugs had helped him control his tics and tremors. As a result, he said, he had started to accept more acting work, including guest appearances on “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and “The Good Wife.”
No real news yet but I'd be down for this for sure if he is actually coming back. One of my favorite actors of all time and seems like a legitimately good person. The only thing that could be cooler is if him and Christopher Lloyd would team up with Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale to do a new Back to the Future. Probably will never happen though.
Old 08-16-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Re: Michael J. Fox May Return to Television

I read about this yesterday. Good for him. I wonder if it would be a show with a reduced season, just to help accommodate his medical condition.
Old 08-16-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He makes my Mount Rushmore of sitcom actors
Old 08-16-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

The advancements in treating the symptoms of Parkinsons has been pretty impressive these last few years.
Old 08-16-12, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

They're making a Shaker Heights tv series?
Old 08-16-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

He was hilarious on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Old 08-16-12, 02:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
The only thing that could be cooler is if him and Christopher Lloyd would team up with Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale to do a new Back to the Future.
Fox and Lloyd did lend their voices to the video game last year, which is probably as close as we're going to get.
Old 08-16-12, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Fox and Lloyd did lend their voices to the video game last year, which is probably as close as we're going to get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to...me#Development

As Fox was unavailable to reprise his role as Marty for the game, newcomer AJ LoCascio voiced the character instead,[35] though Fox later provided voice work for Marty's great grandfather William in the fifth and final episode of the game, as well as for the three futuristic versions of Marty who appear in the game's final cutscene.[5][21][36] LoCascio was able to get the part when his audition sample ended up in the email inbox of voice director Julian Kwasneski, and managed to impress both Gale and Lloyd with how closely it resembled the sound of Fox's voice during the time the trilogy was filmed.[35] Lloyd returned to voice Doc Brown and began his first recording session for the game in late September 2010.[37] Later, Claudia Wells joined the cast, reprising her role as Jennifer Parker from the first film.[38] Kid Beyond provides the voice for Biff Tannen in place of actor Tom Wilson,[39] and James Arnold Taylor as the younger Emmett.[40] Though the game features other returning characters including George and Lorraine McFly, voicework for these characters are provided by a variety of available voice actors in the Bay Area.
Old 08-16-12, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Michael J Fox didn't voice Marty in Telltale's game. Here's a video of the actual voice actor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ka5Ypwub2BA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-16-12, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Groucho never said he voiced Marty, just that he did voicework.
Old 08-16-12, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

He voiced Marty's Great Grandfather, and
Spoiler:
Some older versions of Marty that appear at the end of the game

All his work was in Episode 5.

EDIT: And I just noticed that this info was in the first blub that Match quoted, so I don't know how he thinks that contradicts what Groucho said.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 08-17-12 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-17-12, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Yeah, I was just about to add that Michael did some voice work in the very last Chapter of the BTTF game.

Too much to hope for, but I'd love to see a new FAMILY TIES sitcom with Michael playing the father figure now.
Old 08-17-12, 10:23 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be cool to see him in a show of his own again. He's been a strong character the times he was on episodes of The Good Wife.
Old 08-17-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

The LCD flatscreens today pretty much eliminate motion blur, so Michael J. Fox's return to TV shouldn't be an issue.
Old 08-17-12, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Too much to hope for, but I'd love to see a new FAMILY TIES sitcom with Michael playing the father figure now.
That would be interesting, as the original show had liberal parents with a conservative kid. This time they could flip that around.
Old 08-17-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Don't do another Family Ties since remakes usually never work and if there is a Back to Future sequel it has to better than Back to Future III.
Old 08-17-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Don't do another Family Ties since remakes usually never work and if there is a Back to Future sequel it has to better than Back to Future III.
Maybe I was wrong about Shannon Nutt's post, but I assumed it wouldn't be a remake of the original FT, but rather a "sequel" show with Alex Keaton as the father.
Old 08-17-12, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I love him on The Good Wife.
Old 08-20-12, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NBC got it and promises to air all 22 episodes.

"The network also released a few more details on the as yet untitled comedy: "It features Fox as a husband and father of three from New York City dealing with family, career, and challenges -- including Parkinson’s -- all loosely drawn from Fox’s real life. Further casting will be announced at a later date."
Old 08-21-12, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
they're making a shaker heights tv series?
Originally Posted by coral
the lcd flatscreens today pretty much eliminate motion blur, so michael j. Fox's return to tv shouldn't be an issue.
0/5
Old 08-21-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CharlieK
NBC got it and promises to air all 22 episodes.

"The network also released a few more details on the as yet untitled comedy: "It features Fox as a husband and father of three from New York City dealing with family, career, and challenges -- including Parkinson’s -- all loosely drawn from Fox’s real life. Further casting will be announced at a later date."
this really surprises me. i figured for sure it'd be a shorter commitment, something like 13 or 15 episodes. good for him, though.
Old 08-21-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
this really surprises me. i figured for sure it'd be a shorter commitment, something like 13 or 15 episodes. good for him, though.
I'm surprised that NBC commits at all anymore, though The Firm was a huge success. This news should shake things up a little, at least have great ratings with its first episode.
Old 08-21-12, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I'm surprised that NBC commits at all anymore, though The Firm was a huge success. This news should shake things up a little, at least have great ratings with its first episode.
The Firm wasn't a huge success...
Old 08-21-12, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

sorry, forgot the < /sarcasm>, it was one of the bigger duds of the year.
Old 08-21-12, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
sorry, forgot the < /sarcasm>, it was one of the bigger duds of the year.
They didn't pay much for the show though. Like Cursoe mentioned earlier, the costs were split so it likely cost them the same as airing a repeat of a meh drama or even a reality show. So for NBC, it could actually be somewhat of a win.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.