Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody having difficulties importing "xxx" to Germany ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anybody having difficulties importing "xxx" to Germany ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-01, 07:59 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls help me clarifying if there are any regulations wrt importing xxx to Germany. I haven't heared anything sofar but somehow my stuff doesn't come. Thx.
Old 02-07-01, 11:31 AM
Cool New Member

German customs will seize XXX Films if they find them in a parcel. If you are a first case then they will just warn you, but still keep the DVDs to destroy them (I don't believe the latter ). If you are a second case they might cause an indictment.

IMHO it is not worth the trouble (or pleasure.... )
Old 02-14-01, 12:54 PM

Hi, I'm new here and it's my first post, so I'm not to sure whether I'm doing it right. But referring to your question about importing xxx titles into Germany, I bought 3 titles at fivestardvd and shipped them to my German address and had no problems at all. It took roughly 2 ½ weeks. They checked my box but I received all 3 titles and did not get any warning. Ok I had to pay 20DM customs, but if you buy xxx dvd's in video stores over here, you pay up to 90 DM for one title (for trash like "Liebesgrüsse aus der Lederhose"). But I am not too sure whether I was just lucky … so I don't guarantee anything…but I will definitely order more titles at fivestardvd.
Old 02-15-01, 02:37 AM
Cool New Member

Thormania,

It seems you were lucky. Even though, if customs checked your package (was it open? did you see any physical sign of checking?, any letter/info attached?) than there may be a chanche to get mines too.

I've got 8 DVD "lost" in 2 packages (2x4, $50 incl shipping, coming from fivestar). Strangely all other titles (non xxx) from any e-tailer (Amazon, dvdboxoffice)arrive w/o any issue. Nowadays there's a green "customs checked" stamp on them though but not any fee sofar.

Do you happen to know if Customs is obliged to inform me in case of taking my package? I haven't received any reminder or letter whatsoever but the stuff just does not come. Can I get in contact to them? Is there somewhere a summary of what Customs regualtions apply in general?

I mean I'm not much familiar with the Authorities here in Germany thus asking these odd questions.

You gave me hope, thanx !
Old 02-19-01, 05:09 AM

Hi,
I talked to one of my colleges who is active in the shipment department, and she said that if the custom department has your shipment and holds it back for a reason, they have to inform you. She also said if you want to get some information's about your shipment, you can call the responsible custom department in your region. They will tell you whether they have your boxes or not. You can get the custom telephone number by calling the Telekom telephone number information help desk.
I hope this will help you to get your DVD's.

greetings
Thormania….

...oh one question... how do you add those cool smily faces?
Old 02-19-01, 11:55 AM

Some retailers used to ( and maybe still do ) use 'stealth' packaging for shipments to the UK ( although I understand that owing to recent legal changes this is no longer necessary ). adultdvdnow.com was one. Perhaps they do something similar for Germany?
Old 02-20-01, 05:34 AM

Hmm... don't know anything about importing xxx to Germany but I've always thought Germany had reputation being a home of hardcore xxx in Europe (together with NL). So why would they have limitations what to import if same "goods" can be sold openly??