Old 06-05-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- 6/05/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-06-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A summer has passed since Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer found out about Mona being "A" and Maya's death. With the terror seemingly over and an alleged murderer now behind bars, the town of Rosewood is slowly healing from old and new wounds and trying to get back to normalcy. Each of the four girls spent their summer in different ways - Aria taking a photography class, Spencer taking college courses at Hollis, Hanna taking cooking classes with Caleb and Emily building houses in Haiti. But what looks normal for each girl is not necessarily so, as all four are hardly over what happened. With post-traumatic stress, anger and the acquisition of more secrets the four Liars are anything but fine. Now all back together and coming upon the second anniversary of Alison's disappearance, the girls find themselves back on the defensive when a shocking event rocks Rosewood.

24 episode 3rd season. It will be split as usual.

Yay!! My favorite girls are back.

BTW, If your not caught up, the DVD for season 2 comes out today.

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OjsNGng4RXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-05-12, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars -- Season Premiere -- "It Happened 'That Night'" -- 6/05/12

Can't wait! This is the guiltiest of guilty pleasures but I love it.
Old 06-06-12, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- Season Premiere -- "It Happened 'That Night'" -- 6/05/12

Good 1st episode.

If you have been following this show regularly, it should have come at no surprise that there was a 2nd "A" I liked how the ending was a callback to the Pilot.

There was simply no way that Mona could have accomplished everything "A" did in the 1st 2 seasons without a second conspirator.

I don't know if any of you whow watched noticed this, but major actor goof in this episode. When Em's Mom was speaking to her earlier in the episode, she said something like...."Whoever took Emily's body..."

And why did Ashley Benson have to chop off her hair? She's still hot, but longer is better IMO.
Old 06-07-12, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Who wants to bet that Emily will be developing an alcohol problem in the coming episodes?
Old 06-12-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars -- "Blood Is the New Black" -- 6/12/12

By djariya at 2012-06-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A new "A" player is in town and is determined to show the Liars that he/she means business. After getting a gruesome reminder that "A" is still calling the shots, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer try to quickly devise a plan on how to deal with this old/new threat and the usual game that has been taken up a notch. Spencer and Hanna continue to play with fire as they look for answers, while one of Aria's past indiscretions becomes fodder for "A's" game.

Meanwhile, a still very shaky Emily tries to focus on school but could easily be derailed when she remembers a crucial piece from "that night."

Episode 2 of 24

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TMr5CZrx0Tg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-13-12, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "Blood Is the New Black" -- 6/12/12

The bitch can see.

Interesting 2nd episode. Judging by how tall the person was at that shop, I have to wonder if the second "A" is a man.

The whole thing with Emily blacking out, which is one of the main stories so far, and Jenna allegedly taking her to Allison's gravesite doesn't really make much sense yet.

So just to recap, these are the simultaneous stories we got so far:

1) Why was Em taken to Ally's grave and who took the body?

2) Who is the second "A" and what is Mona's role in this whole scheme?

3) Who framed Garrett (if he was framed)?

4) What is going on with Jenna and her alleged role in this?

Pretty careless of Jenna to no scope out the bathroom 1st (since she's now faking being blind)....cough cough 4 sets of legs in 2 stalls.
Old 06-13-12, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "Blood Is the New Black" -- 6/12/12

Since she was blind for some time, she should have been able to "sense" the four girls in there.
Old 06-15-12, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Just watched this (wanted to finish the second season) and really am enjoying this series. Definitely going on my weekly DVR list.
Old 06-19-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars -- "Kingdom of the Blind" -- 6/19/12

By djariya at 2012-06-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
With Spencer's mom now taking Garrett on as a client, Spencer is sure that there is a reason forcing her mother to take on the case. But when she starts questioning, she doesn't so much learn why her mother took the case as stumble upon a larger Hastings secret. Emily also gets some surprising news about her English exam and fears what those consequences could hold.

Meanwhile, Aria agrees to be Jenna's accompanist in order to keep tabs on her, and Hanna tries to reach out to Lucas.

Episode 3 of 24

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/htWHfS3qgAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-20-12, 10:11 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "Kingdom of the Blind" -- 6/19/12

So who turned Emily in?
Old 06-20-12, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So who turned Emily in?
"A" #2 of course. What I concluded from this episode is that Mona is one crazy bitch. The final scene with her singing/humming to herself was a little over-produced (adding background music)

at "A" storing Allison's body in the freezer. Funny seeing all her teeth laying around.

It was an okay episode. Emily was kind of annoying with her "Do the right thing" attitude.

At least they finally caught Jenna so that whole blind act thing isn't a big mystery anymore.

I'm not sure what to think about Melissa. Are we supposed to think that she may have given birth and given up the baby? Or did she really lose it? Somthing fishy there.
Old 06-25-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
"A" #2 of course. What I concluded from this episode is that Mona is one crazy bitch. The final scene with her singing/humming to herself was a little over-produced (adding background music)

at "A" storing Allison's body in the freezer. Funny seeing all her teeth laying around.

It was an okay episode. Emily was kind of annoying with her "Do the right thing" attitude.

At least they finally caught Jenna so that whole blind act thing isn't a big mystery anymore.

I'm not sure what to think about Melissa. Are we supposed to think that she may have given birth and given up the baby? Or did she really lose it? Somthing fishy there.
I laughed at ending with the body in the freezer too. I kind of like the Melissa storyline, but Torey DeVito annoys for some reason.
Old 06-26-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars -- "Birds of A Feather" -- 6/26/12

By djariya at 2012-06-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The truth can sometimes hurt and the Liars must take that into account when deciding to reveal secrets. Hanna's visits with Mona are driving a wedge between Hanna and Caleb. But would it be so bad if Hanna told Caleb that she needed to see Mona to get information about this "A?" Aria, on the other hand, is dreading telling Ella that Byron is back in the dating scene and dating Meredith. But wouldn't it be better if Ella found out from Aria than hearing it someplace else? And Spencer needs to know the truth about Melissa, even if the truth hurts.

Meanwhile, Emily finds some solace after meeting Maya's cousin, Nathan.

Episode 4 of 24

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9P5xBdztWfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-27-12, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "Birds of A Feather" -- 6/26/12

I've been following this show since the first episode, but the "A" mystery bores me to tears by now. The show is starting to become a chore to watch and if they don't change something up soon I will be dropping it.
Old 06-27-12, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've been following this show since the first episode, but the "A" mystery bores me to tears by now. The show is starting to become a chore to watch and if they don't change something up soon I will be dropping it.
I'm not sure if you know, but the series is based on a series of novels. The whole book series revolves around the "A" mystery. There is 11 books in the series with a 12th coming out later this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Little_Liars

The "A" mystery is kind of the whole point of the show. But, as you've seen they explore other issues facing these girls. I don't know what kind of dramatic change your hoping for, but they already have alot of set source material to work off from.

The show also just won a special California tax credit lottery, which makes it financially beneficial for ABC Family to keep it on the air.
Old 06-27-12, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Aria's Dad is a real douche, especially to start seeing the chick he was banging while married post-divorce.

Not much happened here. I guess the main thing they wanted to resolve was all the secrecy surrounding Melissa and the pregnancy.

Hanna: "You know what they say, If the feather fits..."

Aria: "Hanna, It's if the shoe.."

Sucks that Hanna and Caleb broke up. I initially didn't like Caleb, but grew to like him. But, she wasn't doing herself any favors by being so obvious that she's lying and keeping secrets from him.

I get that the "A" mystery is a little frustrating to watch for some people since they revealed Mona was "A" at the end of last season and now they have introduced a 2nd "A"

Not counting the "A" mystery, I think what keeps the show interesting is the girls, their chemistry and the issues they face in their lives while dealing with "A"
Old 06-28-12, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

re: Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- 6/14/11

Originally Posted by Timber
So I know nothing about the book but I take it that A is the antagonist through the whole series? I was hoping her story line would wrap up in the finale, which I finally watched, but it looks like nothing has changed. I'm just not sure I can do another season full of red herrings and introducing new characters every week.
I'm guessing you weren't a fan of The Killing.

Just watched the Season 2 premiere episode and I still can't believe how dismissive the parents are to whatever the girls tell them. The central mystery is keeping me going, but some of the writing is just bad. How in the world is "A" keeping tab on everyone? Please don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, but I have to believe there are bugs in the girls' phones. That has to be the only way.
Old 06-28-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "My Name is Trouble" -- 6/28/11

That pawn shop guy was so shady. First loaning money on a ring he thinks is stolen and then selling it.
Old 06-28-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

re: Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- 6/14/11

Originally Posted by joefrog91
I'm guessing you weren't a fan of The Killing.

Just watched the Season 2 premiere episode and I still can't believe how dismissive the parents are to whatever the girls tell them. The central mystery is keeping me going, but some of the writing is just bad. How in the world is "A" keeping tab on everyone? Please don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, but I have to believe there are bugs in the girls' phones. That has to be the only way.
The series has never really concerned itself with revealing the source of A's omniscience unless it was critical to a plot development. Enjoy season 1, because I thought season 2 was a step down in quality as the mystery kept getting dragged out.
Old 06-28-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Thought it was hilarious how much of the 45 minutes they spent on the subject of online dating.
Old 06-28-12, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
Thought it was hilarious how much of the 45 minutes they spent on the subject of online dating.
Exactly. As I said, not much happened here.

It's funny how Holly Marie Combs character acts like she's some over the hill middle aged woman. She's only 38 and still pretty damn attractive.
Old 07-02-12, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "The Blond Leading the Blind" -- 1/23/12

I'm up to this point in Season 2 now. I still like the show, but it's getting hard not to laugh out loud at some of the dialogue. I think they made the shocking discovery that "A" was torturing Alison too in two separate episodes.

And "A" being everywhere at all times is hysterical. But, like I said, I'm still hooked and can't wait to get caught up to the new episodes. Spencer and Emily are still my faves.
Old 07-04-12, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- Season Finale -- "Unmasked" -- 3/19/12

Just finished watching the 2nd Season. I had accidentally read that Mona was "A" a few episodes ago, but wanted to see if I could pick up how they would reveal it. I agree it was very weak. I knew "A" had to be monitoring the girls' conversation through one of their phones.

So, it looked like Lucas, Jenna and Melissa were all together at the masquerade ball. Did I see that right?

Was the hotel scenes filmed at the Bates Motel? It sure looked exactly like it.

Spencer is sexy.
Old 07-04-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by joefrog91
Just finished watching the 2nd Season. I had accidentally read that Mona was "A" a few episodes ago, but wanted to see if I could pick up how they would reveal it. I agree it was very weak. I knew "A" had to be monitoring the girls' conversation through one of their phones.

So, it looked like Lucas, Jenna and Melissa were all together at the masquerade ball. Did I see that right?

Was the hotel scenes filmed at the Bates Motel? It sure looked exactly like it.

Spencer is sexy.
Cool. Glad your caught up to the current season. Your not that far behind now. Only 4 episodes have aired. They took this week off.
Old 07-04-12, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Cool. Glad your caught up to the current season. Your not that far behind now. Only 4 episodes have aired. They took this week off.
I'll be caught up before the next new one airs.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.