The Closer -- "Drug Fiend" -- 7/23/12

Old 07-23-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts
The Closer -- "Drug Fiend" -- 7/23/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Brenda investigates after a popular cancer doctor is savagely killed and his drug supply is stolen. Meanwhile, a new assignment causes Brenda to question Raydor's loyalty to Pope; and a game-changing development involves Gabriel.

Episode 18 of 21

Only 3 more episodes left after tonight before the series is done for good.
Old 07-23-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Closer -- "Drug Fiend" -- 7/23/12

I have been taking this show for granted for years, but now that it is almost over, I feel sad. I am going to really miss it when it is gone.
Old 07-24-12, 08:53 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 575 Likes on 334 Posts

I will also miss it, and I hope that Major Crimes lives up to its predecessor. I think it just might.

Last week I didn't like what the writers did with Brenda's character, but they did much better this week, giving much better background and reasons for her distractedness (even though we knew her father was battling cancer, this is the first time we've really seen her vulnerability and fear over it). She is chafing under the new rules and oversight which resulted from the federal lawsuit, and how Pope has distanced himself from her now that he is the Chief. That's a proper setup for Brenda's departure.

We have to wait two weeks for a new episode.
Old 07-25-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

I love the fact that the writers continue to redeem Taylor in bits and pieces. He was a opportunistic total pain in the first couple seasons but now we see he's got Brenda's back (at least we think he does, we still don't know who the leak is). I loved the final scene with the Doctor, she could have blackmailed the doctor intro treating her father (since he knew about the drug scam and didn't tell anyone) but she just broke down and said she can't lose her father. Well played.

Poor Fritz trying to get Brenda to see that she's just as obsessed about her job as Pope didn't work at all .