DVD Talk
Harrison Ford watches Indiana Jones for the first time [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Harrison Ford watches Indiana Jones for the first time

FRwL
07-15-12, 02:50 PM
4aDFeFwxymA

Unbelievable he's not seen it. Did he go to the premieres? This is delicious it s like he's having a treat .

Shannon Nutt
07-15-12, 02:59 PM
That's a doctored video...the Ford footage is from him playing Uncharted 3.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CVlViaNxAOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Stiffler
07-15-12, 02:59 PM
A few things to note...

1. Harrison Ford is a cannabis aficionado.

2. I really believe that he has never seen the fims. A lot of actors don't feel comfortable watching their own movies (or too many movies at all). Watching too many movies can make you too self-aware, and that makes it harder to act.

3. His comments seem goofy. I think he's a bit stoned and just messing with us a little.

Edit: Well, ha, nevermind.

DRG
07-16-12, 09:06 AM
It's a fake, but a very well done fake. The reactions actually feel less hokey in this context than in the original video.

JumpCutz
07-16-12, 09:40 AM
It's a fake, but a very well done fake. The reactions actually feel less hokey in this context than in the original video.

Disagree.

I haven't seen the original video, but his reactions in the doctored clip makes him look like someone that's just been released from a mental institution and who's never seen a movie before.

Mabuse
07-16-12, 12:56 PM
Let's pretend this isn't a hoax...Even if he never watched the first three over the years, he would have had to watch at least parts of them to study how he performed the character while preparing to do Kingdom.

whoopdido
07-16-12, 02:26 PM
Let's pretend this isn't a hoax...Even if he never watched the first three over the years, he would have had to watch at least parts of them to study how he performed the character while preparing to do Kingdom.

I have a hard time believing that many actors have never seen their movies, especially huge movies like Indiana Jones. Now, if Harrison Ford had never seen some shitty movie he did when he was 23 years old, I could understand that, but I have to believe that actors watch their big movies at least once in their lives.

I could definitely see actors not watching their movies more than once a decade or something though.

Shannon Nutt
07-16-12, 02:38 PM
I think some actors just lie when they're asked about watching their own movies.

whoopdido
07-16-12, 03:05 PM
I think some actors just lie when they're asked about watching their own movies.

That could be. I've probably watched Jaws 100 times in my life. I wonder how many times Richard Dreyfuss has watched it. ;)

Crocker Jarmen
07-17-12, 01:04 AM
Now, if Harrison Ford had never seen some shitty movie he did when he was 23 years old, I could understand that, but I have to believe that actors watch their big movies at least once in their lives.

I'm sure Harrison was too busy reviewing the glory of more mature work to have the time to catch up with Raiders.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3493/19790728.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/19790728.jpg/)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q9EySCBPodM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

creekdipper
07-17-12, 01:30 AM
Re: Actors not watching themselves on screen...I can see some following this principle while others do just the opposite, since entertainment celebs seem to be either the most insecure people or the vainest people living.

DRG
07-17-12, 12:01 PM
I haven't seen the original video, but his reactions in the doctored clip makes him look like someone that's just been released from a mental institution and who's never seen a movie before.

I don't disagree, but that's STILL more believable than the original video.

Navinabob
07-17-12, 03:16 PM
What about DVD commentaries? I mean they are watching it then right? I do recall a few times actors on commentaries saying this was the first time they watched it, or was the first time they watched it in years so I know this "avoiding watching yourself" happens. I heard it mostly from former child actors now that I think about it... I suspect the highest number would come from that group.

dvdjunkie32
07-17-12, 04:01 PM
A few things to note...

1. Harrison Ford is a cannabis aficionado.

2. I really believe that he has never seen the fims. A lot of actors don't feel comfortable watching their own movies (or too many movies at all). Watching too many movies can make you too self-aware, and that makes it harder to act.

3. His comments seem goofy. I think he's a bit stoned and just messing with us a little.

Edit: Well, ha, nevermind.

My GF saw him in person, and said he acted like a total ass. This young kid was a huge Indy fan, desperately wanted an autograph, but Ford wouldn't even look or speak to him.

FRwL
07-17-12, 05:59 PM
Oh i didnt realize it was fake, still though. So, it still like looks good. He looks good too.

WeylandYutani
07-17-12, 06:10 PM
Still can't believe he turned 70 this week. Not sure why.

Shannon Nutt
07-17-12, 08:00 PM
My GF saw him in person, and said he acted like a total ass. This young kid was a huge Indy fan, desperately wanted an autograph, but Ford wouldn't even look or speak to him.

People in the Pittsburgh area have met him on occassion, as Ford is a pilot and buys helicopters in this area and in West Virginia and the stories I have heard have been nothing but positive...a down to earth guy. Remember this is the same dude who rescued someone in his chopper and went door to door with UPS delivering Star Wars DVDs. Everyone has a bad day or two...catch him on it and you'll think he's a "jerk" for life...happens to the best of celebs. But Harrison is also reportedly VERY shy and private guy (believe it or not), like a lot of actors...what your GF took as being an ass, may have simply been Ford wanting to keep to himself (not sure the situation in which she met him). If it wasn't a public appearance, I can understand.