DVD Talk
Batman: Arkham Knight - 10/14/14 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Knight - 10/14/14 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Deftones
07-11-12, 11:08 PM
I just jizzed in my pants....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24394/-arkham-game-makers-try-justice-league

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is teaming with Rocksteady Studios, the makers of the acclaimed best-selling video games "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City", for a third instalment in that series that will introduce 'Justice League' characters into the action says Variety.

The game is reportedly being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker, and it's based on the Silver Age of DC's comics. It's not to be confused with the upcoming "Injustice: Gods Among Us" game due out next year.

This new game would likely hit 2014 at the earliest. "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall remains attached to pen the proposed new 'League' film which would hit in 2015 at the earliest.

Warners is said to be revealing their upcoming film plans for DC's characters in the next several months. Many have wondered as to the future of Batman post-Nolan, with speculation suggesting the next take on the Caped Crusader will likely be akin to the still gritty but much more stylised 'Arkham' games.

Drexl
07-12-12, 02:19 AM
I hope this will be billed as a Justice League game, and not "guests of Batman" like Lego Batman II.

Mike86
07-12-12, 02:49 AM
Sounds cool but I'd rather just have a sequel to Arkham City personally.

Michael Corvin
07-12-12, 06:58 AM
I think they've taken the Arkham concept as far as it can go without just being too redundant. I'm glad to see them shaking it up.

Personally I started watching the animated Wonder Woman movie the other day and thought a WW game like Arkham would be pretty cool.

RocShemp
07-12-12, 08:14 AM
Justice League Concept Art In Next Batman: Arkham Game?
(http://www.nerdsociety.com/justice-league-batman-arkham-game/)

http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/jlbatman11.jpg
http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/jlsuperman1.jpg
http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/jlwonaderwoman1.jpg
http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/jlgreenlantern1.jpg
http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/jlaquaman1.jpg

fumanstan
07-12-12, 09:58 AM
The idea of a rumored silver age style doesn't really interest me in theory, but hopefully it looks cool.

glassdragon
07-12-12, 10:52 AM
/Raj But aquaman suuuuucks

RocShemp
07-12-12, 11:41 AM
The idea of a rumored silver age style doesn't really interest me in theory, but hopefully it looks cool.

The suposed concept art really doesn't reflect a Silver Age look. Although there's a rumour those leaked designs are actually for a JL fighting game. :shrug:

majorjoe23
07-12-12, 11:55 AM
Batman looks like he's been hitting the thigh master.

RocShemp
07-12-12, 12:03 PM
Batman looks like he's been hitting the thigh master.

I'm more concerned with Superman's bulge. :eek:

Although, those extra utilty belts on Batman make it look like he's got tubes going to his crotch. :whofart:

stingermck
07-12-12, 12:29 PM
/Raj But aquaman suuuuucks

http://airshipoverwater.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/justice-league-4-panel.jpg?w=454&h=644

I read somewhere that the Silver Age thing my be mis-information. It just wouldnt fit with the Arkham style. DC is really trying to push Justice League post Avengers.

Mike86
07-12-12, 01:28 PM
I think they've taken the Arkham concept as far as it can go without just being too redundant. I'm glad to see them shaking it up.

Personally I started watching the animated Wonder Woman movie the other day and thought a WW game like Arkham would be pretty cool.
I agree that the Arkham concept has gone about as far as it can go, but I think they could easily still make another Batman game that's a sequel to the Arkham games and allow us to go into other parts of Batman's world. I still think the idea of making the world even more open and allowing us to explore more of Gotham would be pretty cool.

glassdragon
07-12-12, 01:35 PM
They have introduced us to Azreal in Arkham city.... Now make a game where batman gets his back broken by bane and Azreal takes over with his vigilante justice. The we pick up and have to find him and stop him in the actual city. Outside of the prison.

nickdawgy
07-12-12, 02:43 PM
Aquaman...you go...talk to some fish!!!

RocShemp
07-12-12, 02:51 PM
They have introduced us to Azreal in Arkham city.... Now make a game where batman gets his back broken by bane and Azreal takes over with his vigilante justice. The we pick up and have to find him and stop him in the actual city. Outside of the prison.

That was a totally different Azrael in AC.

Xander
07-13-12, 08:58 AM
If they did the artwork/gameplay style from the Arkham games combined with the Justice League, I would be all over that shit! :thumbsup:

cruzness
07-13-12, 09:50 AM

I would love to play that game

PhantomStranger
07-13-12, 01:13 PM
You just spoiled The Dark Knight Rises for millions of people.:lol:

glassdragon
07-13-12, 01:20 PM
You just spoiled The Dark Knight Rises for millions of people.:lol:

There's not a million on here, but I doubted that's how the movie ended. But in case it does, i removed it. Just about anyone who reads comics kows that story :P

Giantrobo
07-13-12, 06:05 PM
Finally!!!!!

PhantomStranger
07-14-12, 12:17 AM
There's not a million on here, but I doubted that's how the movie ended. But in case it does, i removed it. Just about anyone who reads comics kows that story :P
I was merely joking, I think even non-fans know most of Bane's backstory before the movie.

kgrogers1979
07-14-12, 02:35 AM
I was merely joking, I think even non-fans know most of Bane's backstory before the movie.

To most non-fans, Bane is a retard that only ever says "BOOOOMB!!"

boredsilly
07-14-12, 06:22 AM
I think there is still room for one more straight up Batman game before you bring in the League, but I trust this studio, so I'm there for whatever they do next. Even though I feel like they're going to the Joker well a bit too much (Batman does have other rogues), the idea of a game dealing with their first meeting is pretty cool to me. I am a major nerd for the Batman/Joker relationship.

Whatever the next game is, I hope they have Firefly in it. It wold be cool to have to fight him in a burning building.

Deftones
02-28-14, 01:30 PM
Do we finally get a reveal of this game? Rumors are there may be an announcement soon: http://kotaku.com/will-rocksteadys-next-batman-game-be-revealed-next-wee-1533468637

cleaver
02-28-14, 02:32 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MOtivational-matthew-mcconaughey-gif.gif

Solid Snake
02-28-14, 05:05 PM
I hope so. I miss their hands being directly on this property. Montreal did a good copy but holy fuck did they need to fine tune it. I really want to see the continuation of that Bats from AC. He was in a foul mood in Harley's Revenge. AC fucked him up.

DthRdrX
02-28-14, 09:34 PM
Do we finally get a reveal of this game? Rumors are there may be an announcement soon: http://kotaku.com/will-rocksteadys-next-batman-game-be-revealed-next-wee-1533468637

The fire on the banner may hint at the "Gotham will burn" story started by Azrael in AC.

Mike86
02-28-14, 10:32 PM
I'm excited for a new game. I've liked all three games to date even though I agree Arkham Origins could have been tuned up a bit more. It was still a decent enough game. I'm curious to see what the sequel to Arkham City will be like. I'm still hoping that we get a larger scale game and get to explore more of Gotham rather than being confined to a certain area like the other games. Also would still like if the game features a more lively setting with citizens roaming the streets and possibly cars and whatever out and about.

DthRdrX
02-28-14, 11:08 PM
I'm excited for a new game. I've liked all three games to date even though I agree Arkham Origins could have been tuned up a bit more. It was still a decent enough game. I'm curious to see what the sequel to Arkham City will be like. I'm still hoping that we get a larger scale game and get to explore more of Gotham rather than being confined to a certain area like the other games. Also would still like if the game features a more lively setting with citizens roaming the streets and possibly cars and whatever out and about.

Hopefully set in the part of Gotham with the skyscrapers, and more buildings that we can actually go in.

Mike86
03-01-14, 12:28 AM
Hopefully set in the part of Gotham with the skyscrapers, and more buildings that we can actually go in.
I agree just having a broader city-scape and more things to do would be cool. Maybe have a mission where a villain or thugs are robbing a bank or something and you have to stop it. Have traffic flow and maybe show a thug stealing a car and you have to swoop in and take care of them. Show civilians in actual danger like maybe someone is going to get shot or there's someone on a building and they're close to falling on their own or are being threatened by someone. There's a lot of possibilities they could do to expand the game if they open it up a bit more. Also it would be awesome to have a fully accessible Wayne Manor that could be explored. It was pretty cool in Arkham Orgins to get a better look at the Batcave but I'd love if it was expanded on even more and also we could access Wayne Manor. Also it would be cool to use vehicles such as the Batmobile, Batplane, or Batboat if it was handled in a way where they aren't always accessible (just because it would be a bitch to follow the rules of traffic driving the Batmobile constantly I'm sure) but maybe certain missions could incorporate them.

Solid Snake
03-01-14, 04:13 AM
Yeah. Vehicle missions would be great. I'd hate full on access to them though. Batman wouldn't work with an active world in a car. I want full on Gotham City. It's time we get that.

I'm excited to see what Rocksteady can bring to this franchise again. Thankfully we've no joker this time too... If it is a continuation of AC. And hopefully no more Bane.

Drexl
03-01-14, 12:13 PM
I think it's time to drop the Arkham name. Yes, it lets us know that it's the same series, but it's getting ridiculous when the game has opened up to where it doesn't revolve around the asylum.

How about calling it "Gotham" instead for this generation?

Solid Snake
03-02-14, 10:30 AM
Yeah. The Arkham name needed to be dropped after AC. Was pointless for Origins.

taffer
03-02-14, 10:42 AM
Yeah. The Arkham name needed to be dropped after AC. Was pointless for Origins.

It's actually not pointless. The game was more an origin of Arkham than an origin of Batman. Batman has already been around for two years in Origins. However, during the credits there is a dialogue from Quincy Sharp where he talks about an asylum to contain all these new supervillains that keep popping up.

Mike86
03-02-14, 11:29 AM
Yeah the Arkham title worked fine for Arkham Origins but agree that it should be dropped going forward.

taffer
03-03-14, 12:10 PM
Is Hush the primary antagonist in the next Arkham game? (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/is-hush-the-villain-in-the-next-batman-game)

A social media find supports the rumour that a new Batman game by Rocksteady will be revealed soon - and it also suggests who might be the prime antagonist.

A screenshot of the villain Hush has been posted on the official Batman: Hush Facebook page with the caption: "Remember a little appearance by somebody in Arkham City? Well things may be abut to get more interesting next month..."

The Hush Facebook page is run by Warner Bros, the Arkham video game series' publisher, suggesting that the rumours of a new Batman game being announced soon may be true.

Krayzie
03-03-14, 12:32 PM

Half the game will involve flying the invisible jet.

Decker
03-03-14, 12:43 PM
... the other half will involve finding where it's parked.

MoviePage
03-03-14, 07:09 PM
It's sounding like tomorrow's Game Informer issue will officially unveil Batman: Arkham Knight.

DthRdrX
03-03-14, 07:29 PM
It's sounding like tomorrow's Game Informer issue will officially unveil Batman: Arkham Knight.

And Hush may be the main villain.

Supermallet
03-03-14, 07:44 PM
Hush? Ugh. Worst major villain in Batman's rogues gallery.

DthRdrX
03-03-14, 11:06 PM
Hush? Ugh. Worst major villain in Batman's rogues gallery.

Are you kidding? It's the Arkham series, so I expect it to be the Joker again dressed as Hush.

Adboy151
03-04-14, 09:56 AM
Officially announced: Batman - Arkham Knight -- Rocksteady's last Arkham game.

The Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Link (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx)

Teaser Trailer (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-coming-to-ps4-in-2014/)

fumanstan
03-04-14, 10:18 AM
Batmobile :up:

Deftones
03-04-14, 10:40 AM
sweeeeet

Supermallet
03-04-14, 11:23 AM
Are you kidding? It's the Arkham series, so I expect it to be the Joker again dressed as Hush.

I'm not kidding. Hush is a buttfuck retarded story, and as a villain the character leaves much to be desired.

Maxflier
03-04-14, 11:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wsf78BS9VE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

redrum
03-04-14, 11:45 AM
This is gonna be soooo good

Liver&Onions
03-04-14, 12:01 PM
I didn't see the PS3 or Xbox 360 logo on there :dance:

Why So Blu?
03-04-14, 12:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wsf78BS9VE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just got wood.

DVDChris
03-04-14, 12:21 PM
Wow, that looked really good.

maxfisher
03-04-14, 12:36 PM
Looks fantastic, though I'm not sold on the inclusion of the Batmobile. Rocksteady is unproven on creating a living open world. I'll be curious to see what they come up with.

Liver&Onions
03-04-14, 12:46 PM
Looks fantastic, though I'm not sold on the inclusion of the Batmobile. Rocksteady is unproven on creating a living open world. I'll be curious to see what they come up with.

They were also unproven making a Batman game prior to their first one.

majorjoe23
03-04-14, 12:50 PM

Wasn't Scarecrow demanding that people evacuate the city if they don't want to be gassed? I would assume that's the out for an underpopulated Gotham City this time around.

maxfisher
03-04-14, 01:21 PM
They were also unproven making a Batman game prior to their first one.

Yeah, they may well kick ass at it, with drivers that react appropriately to what's going on and NPC civilians that panic and run from crimes going on. It could be amazingly cool. I'll be a little disappointed if it's just another barren city of thugs with the occasional 'citizen in peril' event tossed in.

Supermallet
03-04-14, 01:38 PM
They changed Harley's look again? :lol:

I like the Batmobile, a nice mix between the Tumbler and Batman '89. In fact, I kind of got a Batman '89 feel throughout the trailer.

taffer
03-04-14, 02:59 PM

On the upside, that means the game will be fully next-gen and won't be held back by the limitations of the old consoles (like games like Assassin's Creed 4 are).

On the downside, that means I have to actually buy a new console now.

I am sad to see that this is apparently going to be the last Arkham game as well.

DthRdrX
03-04-14, 03:19 PM
On the upside, that means the game will be fully next-gen and won't be held back by the limitations of the old consoles (like games like Assassin's Creed 4 are).

On the downside, that means I have to actually buy a new console now.

I am sad to see that this is apparently going to be the last Arkham game as well.

Key word being the last 'Arkham' game. With how successful these are I'm sure they'll continue making Batman games under different names.

Decker
03-04-14, 03:23 PM
Last one by them. I'd bet the folks WB has their Montreal Studio working on another one right now. Why they didn't bring out a next-gen, GOTY version of Origins for XO and PS4 is totally beyond me. It would have sold way better than that Tomb Raider during the game drought of early 2014 since this game came out about the same time as the next gen consoles and only on last gen systems.

Supermallet
03-04-14, 04:28 PM
Last one by them. I'd bet the folks WB has their Montreal Studio working on another one right now. Why they didn't bring out a next-gen, GOTY version of Origins for XO and PS4 is totally beyond me. It would have sold way better than that Tomb Raider during the game drought of early 2014 since this game came out about the same time as the next gen consoles and only on last gen systems.

We'll probably get all the Arkham games on the PS4 with Gaikai anyway.

majorjoe23
03-04-14, 04:47 PM

I'm sure they want to wait until all the DLC is out before doing GOTY.

Mike86
03-04-14, 04:47 PM
Damn this looks great. I wasn't as disappointed in Arkham Origins as a lot of people were but this looks to be way better. Seems like they've incorporated just about everything I wanted. Only downside is it's time to buy a new console.

Solid Snake
03-04-14, 04:50 PM
Guess I need to get a PS4 to get the best version of it cuz seems the one is losing that aspect unlike its predecessor.

A sequel to Origins? Sounds like it from what I could get from it. Really tired of Arkham in the title. WB that afraid that without it they'll confuse consumers?

Otherwise I'm happy for this. Let us hope Rocksteady doesn't trip like Montreal did. That game wasn't ready for launch.

taffer
03-04-14, 05:09 PM
We'll probably get all the Arkham games on the PS4 with Gaikai anyway.

Gaikai is great, but it's not for me. I hate "renting" things. I want to own them. That's why I hate digital media. I want to own what I buy.

I would love if the last-gen Arkham trilogy actually got a re-release on the new consoles. They did re-releases like that a lot last-gen with the HD remasters of games like God of War and the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection.

slop101
03-04-14, 05:11 PM
Why does everyone say this looks great? That trailer was just cinematics, right? I didn't see any actual gameplay footage. Did you?

Mike86
03-04-14, 05:22 PM
Why does everyone say this looks great? That trailer was just cinematics, right? I didn't see any actual gameplay footage. Did you?
Just the vibe the trailer gave off and what we're shown it looks impressive and seems like a pretty huge leap forward from it's predecessors. I have confidence in Rocksteady giving us a quality game as they've already given us two damn good games. So granted while there's no actual in game footage I'm not concerned that we won't get a quality product.

MoviePage
03-04-14, 05:47 PM

:up: I'm beyond ready for next gen to actually start. I'm over all the cross-gen stuff holding everything back.

redrum
03-04-14, 06:07 PM

Nope but it gives you a sense of the tone they are going for and you get to see their version of the Batmobile in motion

And let's be real the game will end up looking amazing on the new systems

slop101
03-04-14, 07:15 PM
Nope but it gives you a sense of the tone they are going for and you get to see their version of the Batmobile in motion

And let's be real the game will end up looking amazing on the new systemsBut I already sussed all that from "next-gen Batman game from Rocksteady", and the trailer is superfluous.

Decker
03-04-14, 07:18 PM
I'm sure the game is superfluous as well. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy it though.

BTW : They've already announced a playable Harley Quinn as a preorder bonus.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/4087417/arkham_knight.jpg

Mike86
03-04-14, 07:53 PM
They changed Harley's look again? :lol:
She looks basically the same as she did in Arkham City only I think her hair is styled a bit differently and she has a new outfit.

thelwig14
03-04-14, 11:50 PM
Excited, but also hope the first trilogy is re-released for One and 4.

taffer
03-05-14, 01:43 AM
She looks basically the same as she did in Arkham City only I think her hair is style a bit differently and she has a new outfit.

How dare a girl change her style!!

Yeah, it's a silly complaint.

Something I just noticed is there is apparently no Wii U version of the game. Does Rocksteady consider the Wii U to be last gen too? :lol:

dsa_shea
03-05-14, 06:18 PM
It's a little hard for me to get excited for a game where the trailer is almost four minutes long and has zero actual gameplay footage. I am excited about what they could do with the next-gen systems but I'll reserve judgment until I see that they have actually done it.

Solid Snake
03-05-14, 06:48 PM
Rocksteady being directly back on isn't good enough?

mattysemo247
03-05-14, 08:43 PM
Something I just noticed is there is apparently no Wii U version of the game. Does Rocksteady consider the Wii U to be last gen too? :lol:

It's not just going to be Rocksteady. Expect that to be the norm going forward.

taffer
03-05-14, 09:08 PM
I haven't paid any attention whatsoever to the Wii U. Is it actually dead already?

Decker
03-05-14, 09:39 PM
I haven't paid any attention whatsoever to the Wii U. Is it actually dead already?

Ladies and Gentlemen : The average video game consumer!

RocShemp
03-05-14, 10:13 PM
So... Is the Wii U dead already? Cos I haven't been paying attention either. :blush:

Mike86
03-06-14, 12:17 AM
I don't think the Wii U is dead but Nintendo's problem the past couple of generations is that they've basically been a generation behind the competition. So essentially the Wii U is capable of what the X-Box 360 and Playstation 3 could do and now we're on to newer versions of both those consoles.

mattysemo247
03-06-14, 07:26 AM
The Wii U isn't dead as long as Nintendo keeps making first party games for it. Just don't expect a lot coming from other publishers because they won't be able to port games over for it. Hence why this game isn't coming out PS3 & 360.

stingermck
03-06-14, 08:01 AM
New details have emerged from the Game Informer cover story of Batman: Arkham Knight, and there's a lot to take in. First off, "Arkham Knight" is actually the name of a new villain that was created by DC Entertainment. The character will apparently "really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways." The old voice cast is also back, including Kevin Conroy as Batman.

There will no multiplayer, because Rocksteady says they are "making the best single-player experience it can." The story will take place one year after Arkham City, where the crime rate has declined, in a map that's five times as big as City. Rocksteady also calls this a true next-gen game, where over 50 enemy models can be on-screen at once during a riot.

They're also aiming to make the Batmobile "the best car in any game ever," and it instantly appears at your location after pressing a button.

Finally, Rocksteady said that they "most definitely" will not do a Batman related game next. There are a whole lot more details out there, and I know some of you would prefer to wait and be surprised later this year.

Rocksteady was able to utilize the new technical power the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One offered, allowing them to have more on-screen characters at any given time, as well as making all cutscenes rendered in-engine, versus pre-rendering as done in previous games.

cleaver
03-06-14, 08:28 AM
I went from buying a Wii U to an XBox One to go with my PS4 after 2 or 3 bad news items for Wii U last month.

RocShemp
03-06-14, 09:13 AM
When they say that "the old voice cast is also back," do they mean the AA or AC cast. Because Arleen Sorkin was replaced by Tara Strong in AC. I usually like Tara Strong but never cared for her take on Harley. She was better in AO as Harleen but that was before the character totally lost it so it technically doesn't count.

Given the previous games in the series, I bet Arkham Knight is none other than the Joker (very much not dead afterall). Unless they draw inspiration from the ending of "The Untold Legend of the Batman", which would be pretty cool if handled just right.

majorjoe23
03-06-14, 10:15 AM
They've said Tara Strong is Harley.

RocShemp
03-06-14, 10:41 AM
Definitely in for the PC version.

That trailer was so awesome that I wish whoever produced it where the ones doing the Assault on Arkham animated movie. Would be a distinct change of pace from your typical DC animated movie.

They've said Tara Strong is Harley.

That's a shame. I was hoping Arleen Sorkin would be back for this. :(

Mike86
03-06-14, 01:11 PM
Hopefully there's a collectors edition of this entry. I assume there will be since the previous three games have had one. Definitely sounds like Rocksteady is putting in full efforts on this game. Really can't wait for it, my only dilemma now is the decision between a Playstation 4 or X-Box One.

cleaver
03-06-14, 02:47 PM
Hopefully there's a collectors edition of this entry. I assume there will be since the previous three games have had one. Definitely sounds like Rocksteady is putting in full efforts on this game. Really can't wait for it, my only dilemma now is the decision between a Playstation 4 or X-Box One.
I hope there isn't because then I'll have to wait until it's massively discounted like the last 3 instead of just buying it and enjoying it. For Origins I returned one I bought for $120, the one I bought for $90, and almost returned the one I bought for $65 to get it for $55.

DthRdrX
03-06-14, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling they'll be making these Batman games forever.

DthRdrX
03-09-14, 08:52 PM
Rumor out that the map is around the same size as GTA 5's map. Person also claimed that you would be able work missions as Bruce Wayne during the day and have car chases with the GCPD. Not sure if that jives with the trailer but ....

taffer
03-11-14, 01:03 PM
Given the previous games in the series, I bet Arkham Knight is none other than the Joker (very much not dead afterall).

Actually I think it might be Hush. There was the rumor just a few days before Arkham Knight was revealed that Hush would be the primary antagonist in the new game. Considering Hush's backstory, it makes sense for him to be "Arkham Knight" the opposite of Batman's "Dark Knight."

Also, I just remembered that Arkham Origins had that post-credits teaser with Suicide Squad. I wonder if that will be in Arkham Knight, or possibly Rocksteady's next game since they are apparently done with Batman after Arkham Knight.

XavierMike
03-11-14, 04:17 PM
Wasn't that revealed in the GI article?

taffer
03-11-14, 04:36 PM
Wasn't that revealed in the GI article?

What?

RocShemp
03-11-14, 07:59 PM
Actually I think it might be Hush. There was the rumor just a few days before Arkham Knight was revealed that Hush would be the primary antagonist in the new game. Considering Hush's backstory, it makes sense for him to be "Arkham Knight" the opposite of Batman's "Dark Knight."

Also, I just remembered that Arkham Origins had that post-credits teaser with Suicide Squad. I wonder if that will be in Arkham Knight, or possibly Rocksteady's next game since they are apparently done with Batman after Arkham Knight.

And he actually had a whole side quest directly related to him in AC. Good call. :up:

Deftones
03-27-14, 02:27 PM
Some pictures out of the game. This is the main villain, Arkham Knight:

http://i.imgur.com/wQLE4lj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CiJ7zbh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8QZBm4H.jpg

DthRdrX
03-27-14, 04:09 PM
That picture reminds me of:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/batman/arkhamknight/whoisarkhamknight/redhood-610.jpg

Drexl
03-27-14, 04:36 PM
It looks like the "reimagined" Robocop with bat ears.

Solid Snake
03-27-14, 04:41 PM
He looks cool.

taffer
03-27-14, 05:13 PM
That picture reminds me of:

It reminds me more of the New 52 Wrath, especially with the anti-Batman angle.

http://i.imgur.com/5xQY4Jd.png

DthRdrX
03-27-14, 05:15 PM
It looks like the "reimagined" Robocop with bat ears.

Which is hilarious since everyone thought the new Robocop looked like Nolan's Batman.

RocShemp
04-01-14, 04:43 PM
Some pictures out of the game. This is the main villain, Arkham Knight:

http://i.imgur.com/wQLE4lj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CiJ7zbh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8QZBm4H.jpg

Looks pretty badass. I hope the fight against him plays like a 200% more epic version of the fight against Deathstroke in B:AO.

It reminds me more of the New 52 Wrath, especially with the anti-Batman angle.

http://i.imgur.com/5xQY4Jd.png

Never heard of that character. Was he created for the New 52 relaunch or has he been around before?

taffer
04-01-14, 04:58 PM
Never heard of that character. Was he created for the New 52 relaunch or has he been around before?

The Wrath was originally created in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_%28comics%29

RocShemp
04-01-14, 07:16 PM
The Wrath was originally created in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_%28comics%29

Interesting. I do not remember such a character at all.

robin2099
04-01-14, 07:26 PM
Interesting. I do not remember such a character at all.

That's because he wasn't very popular. He started popping up again though in the comics a couple years ago and even got an episode of The Batman devoted to him.

Solid Snake
04-02-14, 12:24 PM
Shit. That guy has a really shitty origin. Please tell me his stories played out better than what I'm reading. 52s though looks badass. His origin sounds a bit better too.

K&AJones
04-16-14, 09:11 AM
For PS4 owners Playstation Mag has (16) screen shots up...all I can say is WOW!

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/04/16/16-new-batman-arkham-knight-ps4-screens-show-what-next-gen-is-really-capable-of/

taffer
04-16-14, 01:57 PM
For PS4 owners Playstation Mag has (16) screen shots up...all I can say is WOW!

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/04/16/16-new-batman-arkham-knight-ps4-screens-show-what-next-gen-is-really-capable-of/

Babs as Oracle. :banana:

She always was much better as Oracle than as Batgirl.

Commissioner Gordon looks younger than in AA and AC. He's got some really weird aging going on. In AO he looked about 30. In AA, which was 5 years later, he looks about 60. He aged 30 years in only 5 years time. Now in AK, he looks like he has de-aged and is 40-50.

Anubis2005X
04-16-14, 03:09 PM
Babs as Oracle. :banana:

She always was much better as Oracle than as Batgirl.

Commissioner Gordon looks younger than in AA and AC. He's got some really weird aging going on. In AO he looked about 30. In AA, which was 5 years later, he looks about 60. He aged 30 years in only 5 years time. Now in AK, he looks like he has de-aged and is 40-50.

Clayface has been posing as Gordon almost the whole time! ;)

RocShemp
04-17-14, 05:26 AM
When did Bob Hoskins become the Penguin?

fumanstan
05-21-14, 12:14 PM
Figured the new trailer should go in this thread opposed to the PS4 one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7q4U_QRcg84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike86
05-21-14, 12:21 PM
Damn this looks great. I still need to get a next gen console soon so I'm ready for this at launch.

K&AJones
05-21-14, 12:33 PM
gameplay and Cutscenes aside...this game will look damn good. I enjoyed playing the A.A and A.C and they looked good on the 360. We're in store for a treat with this one...

taffer
05-21-14, 12:48 PM
Damn this looks great. I still need to get a next gen console soon so I'm ready for this at launch.

Arkham Asylum is the game that made me buy a console last gen. Arkham Knight will be that game this gen. Although I will wait until the consoles drop in price. $400 is way too much for me, even for Batman.

Deftones
05-21-14, 01:07 PM
Fap Fap Fap Fap

cleaver
05-21-14, 01:32 PM
When did Bob Hoskins become the Penguin?
3 minutes in to Arkham City

Mike86
05-21-14, 02:14 PM
Arkham Asylum is the game that made me buy a console last gen. Arkham Knight will be that game this gen. Although I will wait until the consoles drop in price. $400 is way too much for me, even for Batman.
I'll probably end up buying one specifically for this game. Just not sure if I want an Xbox One or a Playstation 4. I'm sort of leaning towards the Playstation 4.

gryffinmaster
05-21-14, 02:28 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7q4U_QRcg84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:dance:

Gameplay footage was kinda sparse, but you could spot some gliding, combat, and driving bits among the cinematics. Looking fantastic.

K&AJones
06-03-14, 08:09 AM
Well...the Evil Gods of Delayed have struck again. Read it and Weep....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-for-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-delayed-to-2015/1100-6420046/

Batman: Arkham Knight for Xbox One, PS4, and PC Delayed to 2015
Rocksteady pushes anticipated action game to next year because, "We just want to make this the best experience that we can."

This year's big Batman game, Batman: Arkham Knight, is now next year's big Batman game. Warner Bros. announced today that Batman: Arkham Knight for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC has been delayed and is now expected to launch sometime in 2015. Previously, the game was scheduled to launch this fall.

chuckd21
06-03-14, 08:25 AM
My wallet is pleased.

Raul3
06-03-14, 09:14 AM
2015 is going to be the best gaming year ever. New Batman, New Halo, New Uncharted, New Fallout, Half Life 3, should I continue?

OMG!

taffer
06-03-14, 09:21 AM
2015 is going to be the best gaming year ever. New Batman, New Halo, New Uncharted, New Fallout, Half Life 3, should I continue?

OMG!

Half-Life 3? You don't seriously believe that do you? It's never coming.

Heck, they haven't even finished the Half-Life 2 episodes yet. I remember way way back when the episodes were first announced, Valve said the three episodes together would constitute Half-Life 3. They planned to release it as episodic content so they could get it done faster. What a load of shit that was. Episode Two was delayed quite a bit, and Episode Three never came at all.

DaveyJoe
06-03-14, 09:27 AM

OMG!

I hadn't heard this, is there any info out on it?

Obi-Wan Jabroni
06-03-14, 09:37 AM
2015 is going to be the great gaming year ever. New Batman, New Halo, New Uncharted, New Fallout, Half Life 3, should I continue?

Fixed

Deftones
06-03-14, 09:38 AM
fuuuuuuuuuck. i was so looking forward to this in october. :sad:

discostu1337
06-03-14, 10:06 AM
Wow, this really is turning out to be one of the worst video game years ever. Seriously, we got Watch Dogs which is average at best, and Destiny, which looks to be about the same. Hooray 2014!

chuckd21
06-03-14, 10:07 AM
Wow, this really is turning out to be one of the worst video game years ever.

Yes, clearly the worst video game year ever.

Come on...

taffer
06-03-14, 11:13 AM
Wow, this really is turning out to be one of the worst video game years ever. Seriously, we got Watch Dogs which is average at best, and Destiny, which looks to be about the same. Hooray 2014!

Aren't most new consoles really slow the first year?

fumanstan
06-03-14, 11:19 AM
Welp, that gives me time to still go play Arkham Origin.

mhg83
06-03-14, 05:17 PM

I'm way behind. Still need to start City and Origin :(

RocShemp
06-03-14, 07:19 PM
I need to get the Mr. Freeze DLC for Origins.

Maxflier
06-03-14, 07:34 PM

Yeah, same here.

mattysemo247
06-03-14, 08:52 PM
I'm way behind. Still need to start City and Origin :(

Same here

Draven
06-03-14, 10:55 PM

Yes. Which everyone has apparently forgotten.

Mike86
06-04-14, 06:47 PM
To be honest as much as I'm excited for the game, I'm sort of glad as I haven't gotten around to purchasing a current gen console and this will give me a bit more time. I'll probably see what types of bundles are being offered around the holidays this year and decide which console to get and then be ready to play this when it hits.

Deftones
06-04-14, 06:55 PM
someone needs to change the date in the thread title. :sad:

dvdjunkie32
06-05-14, 02:52 PM

Not this bad. The 360 first full year was 2006. It offered these exclusive titles:

Oblivion
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Dead Rising
Prey
Gears of War
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Saints Row
Battlefield 2

I would be seriously pissed if I had bought a PS4 or One this early. If Dragon Age gets delayed, that leaves only 3 or 4 AAA titles for the rest of the year. Pathetic.

chuckd21
06-05-14, 03:02 PM
Not this bad. The 360 first full year was 2006. It offered these exclusive titles:

Oblivion
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Dead Rising
Prey
Gears of War
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Saints Row
Battlefield 2

I would be seriously pissed if I had bought a PS4 or One this early. If Dragon Age gets delayed, that leaves only 3 or 4 AAA titles for the rest of the year. Pathetic.

Most of those were exclusive because the Sony equivalent console didn't launch until a year later. There are that many or more AAA games the first year of this generation.

Solid Snake
06-05-14, 05:19 PM
I need to get the Mr. Freeze DLC for Origins.

Get it when it's on sale.

Mike86
06-05-14, 07:29 PM

Oblivion
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Dead Rising
Prey
Gears of War
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Saints Row
Battlefield 2

Yeah, it does seem like so far with the One and the PS4 that there hasn't really been a game that screams out must play to me. At least not enough to make me buy a new console yet. The closest is probably Infamous: Second Son, but even that is something that wouldn't make me buy a PS4 just for that. So far to me Arkham Knight is the game that I really want a current gen console for. That and Uncharted 4, which is the reason I'm leaning a bit more towards getting a PS4 before a One.

Music
06-05-14, 07:41 PM
drama...

fumanstan
06-05-14, 07:46 PM
Publishers and studios seem more interested in not only making games mutliplatform, but on last generation too for more sales and money. Just looking at that list it seems like a lot of those titles wouldn't be exclusive today.

RocShemp
06-06-14, 12:46 AM
Get it when it's on sale.

Not good?

chuckd21
06-06-14, 09:58 AM
Publishers and studios seem more interested in not only making games mutliplatform, but on last generation too for more sales and money. Just looking at that list it seems like a lot of those titles wouldn't be exclusive today.

Those sons of bitches.

Mike86
06-07-14, 01:05 AM
Not good?
The story was decent and the length wasn't bad. I liked it as an origin for Mr. Freeze in the games. At this point though if you haven't played it yet you might as well just wait it out. It's nothing fantastic and more of the same. The battle with Freeze is fairly easy too.

Solid Snake
06-07-14, 04:52 AM
It is. It's a weaker retread of the boss battle against him in AC. it's meh.

Mike86
06-07-14, 09:55 PM
I liked Arkham Origins overall as I thought the story was decent, but I think that was a fault of the game in general. It felt like more of the same as we got from Arkham City basically. It wasn't all that bad but I can see why some were disappointed in it.

taffer
06-08-14, 02:46 AM
I thought AO had the best story of the trilogy. The gameplay was more of the same, but that doesn't bother me. The gameplay was already perfect, so there's not much that can be done to improve it. More of the same of a good thing isn't bad, except in Bizarro world. It's like refusing sex with a beautiful woman because it's "more of the same."

Oddly one of the things that bothers me most is how Gordon goes from looking like a 30 year old man in AO to looking like a 60 year old man in AA and AC. There's only supposed to be 5 years between AO and AA. I know cops live a hard life, especially in heavy crime areas like Gotham, but damn is that some serious premature aging.

Solid Snake
06-08-14, 03:35 PM
AO had significant differences in the gameplay. It didn't better what was there. But it was inaccurate, glitchy, and it could freeze on ya or corrupt your save.

Some of that was fixed in patches but it took them so goddamn long to fix the problem.

I also felt that timing in the fights was SLIGHTLY off in comparison to AC which had that on lockdown. In terms of scale it felt smaller than AC, it was an "open" world but it felt smaller, not for the better.

Boss battles weren't all that impressive for the most part. I got to fight Bane again...for the third time in the 3rd release of a series. Deathstroke was awesome of a fight... But that could have been expanded. Very short fight.

Riddler was pointless to have. No amount of skill to get that shit done.

Visually it didn't improve itself. I'd almost say it was a slight downgrade in graphics.

Easily the best narrative of all 3 though.

AO did nothing as a continuation of game franchise to improve itself except get the best script.

Brent L
06-09-14, 09:49 PM
They just aired a long segment of this game at the Sony conference. My God, it looks incredible. Seriously, like more than just another Batman game. The city, the graphics, it was one of the most impressive looking games I've ever seen.

fumanstan
06-09-14, 10:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pO2_iUkojCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jizztastic.

RocShemp
06-09-14, 10:25 PM
I see that Batman glides faster with his Iron Man armor.

Deftones
06-09-14, 10:27 PM
Yep. Gonna have sex with this game.

taffer
06-10-14, 02:16 AM
Scarecrow looked creepy as hell. Awesome.

I hate guns on the Batmobile. I always hate whenever they do that shit.

BATMAN DOES NOT USE GUNS!!!!!!!!!! (Except for Golden Age Batman, but he doesn't count.)

boredsilly
06-10-14, 04:25 AM
Yeah, this will be the game that gets me to buy a new console. Good job, game making people. You deserve a raise.

robin2099
06-10-14, 02:29 PM
Yeah this game looks amazing. Why can't we finally get a Superman or Spiderman game made on this level after so many great Batman games?

LorenzoL
06-10-14, 09:16 PM
I hate guns on the Batmobile. I always hate whenever they do that shit.

BATMAN DOES NOT USE GUNS!!!!!!!!!! (Except for Golden Age Batman, but he doesn't count.)
I already pre-ordered this game but I agree with you and it bugs the crap out of me.

Michael Corvin
06-10-14, 09:20 PM
I kinda had my fill of this series after the first two but damn that E3 presentation/trailer was impressive. I'm in!

Couldn't guns on the batmobile be designed to disable other vehicles and still fall into the Batman doesn't use guns mantra?

Mike86
06-10-14, 09:22 PM
Yeah this game looks amazing. Why can't we finally get a Superman or Spiderman game made on this level after so many great Batman games?
Not on the level of the Arkham series maybe, but there's been a few good Spider-Man games. Superman hasn't had a good one that I can remember though. Also, yes Arkham Knight looks fucking amazing. Easily worth me getting a new console for.

taffer
06-10-14, 09:27 PM
I kinda had my fill of this series after the first two but damn that E3 presentation/trailer was impressive. I'm in!

Couldn't guns on the batmobile be designed to disable other vehicles and still fall into the Batman doesn't use guns mantra?

Well, the enemy vehicles in that trailer seem to be exploding rather than simply being disabled. Speaking of which, wouldn't the people inside those exploding vehicles be dead? Batman is killing people apparently.

I also wonder how that explosive gel from the games doesn't kill people. It's strong enough to blast holes in concrete, but yet it only knocks people unconscious when used against enemies in predator mode?

LorenzoL
06-10-14, 09:29 PM
In the demo shown at E3, it was actually destroying vehicles and not disabling it from what I saw. Okay in the Lego Batman games but not in the Arkham series.

It's not a deal breaker for me but it goes against what the character is known for.

Edit - taffer beat me to it.

robin2099
06-10-14, 09:39 PM
Well, the enemy vehicles in that trailer seem to be exploding rather than simply being disabled. Speaking of which, wouldn't the people inside those exploding vehicles be dead? Batman is killing people apparently.

I also wonder how that explosive gel from the games doesn't kill people. It's strong enough to blast holes in concrete, but yet it only knocks people unconscious when used against enemies in predator mode?

It was also proceeded with Oracle saying something like "Arkham Knight's tanks are up ahead. No humans appear to be in them."

taffer
06-10-14, 09:45 PM
It was also proceeded with Oracle saying something like "Arkham Knight's tanks are up ahead. No humans appear to be in them."

I must have missed that.

Still doesn't explain non-lethal explosive gel though. That has always bugged me since the first game. If you plant the gel on the ground and blow it up as an enemy walks over it, it simply knocks them out. It should blow both legs off.

Solid Snake
06-11-14, 09:07 AM
Technically Bats should be dead too with the gel. I just attribute it to video games.

Deftones
09-08-14, 11:59 AM
Office release date announced. June 2, 2015.

chess
09-08-14, 12:02 PM
Wow. That seems really late.

But it worked for Watch Dogs. :shrug:

About that thread title...

fumanstan
09-08-14, 12:11 PM

Damn it, long wait.

chess
09-08-14, 12:17 PM
Damn it, long wait.

Lots of spring games though.

Off the top of my head: Witcher, Order, Bloodborne, Evolve, and I think MGS5, Crackdown and Quantum Break are supposed to be Q1/Q2.

mattysemo247
09-08-14, 12:32 PM
Works for me. I'm in the middle of Arkham City and still have to play through Origins.

fumanstan
09-08-14, 12:34 PM
Lots of spring games though.

Off the top of my head: Witcher, Order, Bloodborne, Evolve, and I think MGS5, Crackdown and Quantum Break are supposed to be Q1/Q2.

Yeah, but who wants to play Evolve?

Deftones
09-08-14, 01:06 PM

rotfl

gryffinmaster
09-08-14, 01:08 PM

Gah! The wait!

http://bensbargains.net/thecheckout/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sad-batman.gif

nickdawgy
09-08-14, 01:11 PM
Wow. That seems really late.

But it worked for Watch Dogs. :shrug:

About that thread title...

Except Watch Dogs came out in May, yes?

;)

chess
09-08-14, 01:53 PM

Everybody.

For about a week. ;)

Gooter
09-09-14, 08:34 AM
Two collector's editions announced:

Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition (£89.99/$99.99)

•Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
•Limited Edition SteelBook – Unique SteelBook case and game disc
•Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
•Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52
•Batman Memorial Statue – Imposing statue commemorating Gotham’s Protector, the Dark Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition (£169.99/$199.99 – Consoles Only)

•Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
•Transforming Batmobile Statue – Fully transformable Batmobile statue realised in exquisite detail by TriForce

Amazon link with pictures of each edition, click me! (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00NESHEW2/panandscathed-20) The batmobile statue is f'ing awesome!!!

Mike86
09-10-14, 01:19 AM
While it is a long delay I don't mind since I still haven't bought a new console yet. This is the main game I'm waiting for along with Uncharted 4 before buying a new one. I'll probably get the limited edition with the Batman statue. I like the Batmobile statue more but don't want to pay an extra $100 for it.

Supermallet
09-10-14, 01:27 AM
Wow, that Batman statue is ugly as fuck.

I'll stick with the standard edition.

Why So Blu?
09-10-14, 10:34 AM
That bat mobile looks nice. The Gamestop version will include a Red Hood DLC.

gryffinmaster
09-10-14, 11:04 AM
Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition (£89.99/$99.99)

•Batman Memorial Statue – Imposing statue commemorating Gotham’s Protector, the Dark Knight

http://i.imgur.com/8APsqmg.jpg

I'd probably spend $75-80 for all this without the statue. Bummer.

slop101
09-10-14, 11:12 AM
That bat mobile looks nice.But not for an extra $100+ nice. Jeez, what does it transform into, a hooker?

Why So Blu?
09-10-14, 11:57 AM
But not for an extra $100+ nice. Jeez, what does it transform into, a hooker?

I hear ya.

DthRdrX
09-10-14, 03:21 PM
But not for an extra $100+ nice. Jeez, what does it transform into, a hooker?

My guess is that for 50% of the purchasers it transforms into a lot of money on Ebay.

Mike86
09-10-14, 10:43 PM
Wow, that Batman statue is ugly as fuck.

I'll stick with the standard edition.
It isn't my favorite but I don't really dislike it either. I mostly want the other stuff in the collector's edition and I've bought the collector's editions for the games in this series aside from Arkham Asylum so I'd like this one too. I do wish the Batmobile version wasn't as much as it is though as I prefer it.

mattysemo247
09-11-14, 07:56 AM
I'll probably toss in a preorder once Best Buy has it listed. $79.99 (GCU) + $10 in reward certs isn't too bad.

boredsilly
09-11-14, 04:51 PM
I dig the more armored look this series is going down, but I think they might have had the best look for Batman in the first game.

mattysemo247
09-18-14, 07:48 AM
I'll probably toss in a preorder once Best Buy has it listed. $79.99 (GCU) + $10 in reward certs isn't too bad.

FYI, it's up for preorder now over at Best Buy. I placed an order to lock one in for now.

Sgtsnake
09-27-14, 10:39 AM
Is this game delayed? My amazon. Order shows June of 2015

dsa_shea
09-27-14, 10:47 AM

Yes, it doesn't come out until around June 2nd, 2015.

Decker
09-27-14, 11:50 AM

I don't think you get the $10 Reward Certificate with the collectors edition. At least I didn't with Destiny.

Solid Snake
09-27-14, 01:54 PM

Which is good for me cuz I'm still trying to finish up the last gen games.

mattysemo247
09-27-14, 10:58 PM
I don't think you get the $10 Reward Certificate with the collectors edition. At least I didn't with Destiny.

It has been answered in their forums before, but all editions are eligible for the reward certificate when they offer one.

And you should contact them about your one for Destiny. I already received mine for my Ghost Edition. Check under your rewards point history and you should see the bonus reward points.