DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 56% off Kino blu-rays at importcds

obscurelabel
07-02-12, 04:03 PM
Through August 3, 2012, Kino Blu-rays are 56% off at importcds.com.

Even with shipping and handling charges, these are pretty good deals for the Kino blu-rays, better than their 10% sale last month, and most are much less than Amazon.

$29.95 list price, $13.09 sale price.

$34.95 list price, $15.29 sale price.

BuckNaked2k
07-03-12, 10:55 AM
Deep Discount just dropped their prices on a few Kinos as well. I was able to get all three Lina Wertmuller Blus for $45.XX.

MTRodaba2468
07-04-12, 10:26 PM
I'll have to take advantage of this; there have been a few Kino titles I've been needing to pick up.

I managed to get both the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and High Noon from importcds for less than $13 each. I'll have to pay more attention to this site...

Arpeggi
07-05-12, 07:29 AM
Good deal. Thanks.

davidlynchfan
07-06-12, 05:36 AM
If this place offered free shipping, I think they would have all the potential in the world to be "THEEE PLACE" for home media. Even dethroning Amazon.

LPMA
07-06-12, 07:46 AM
FYI, I think this might be owned by the same people as DD and DVDPlanet. The customs form on my order was signed by the same person as my DD orders.

jwstl
07-06-12, 10:51 AM
FYI, I think this might be owned by the same people as DD and DVDPlanet. The customs form on my order was signed by the same person as my DD orders.

It is owned by the same company. I thought this was common knowledge on here or I would have mentioned it.

NoirFan
07-06-12, 02:08 PM
I'll order Farewell to Arms, Way Down East, and They Made Me a Fugitive once I can piggy-back them with the August Olive discs.

LPMA
07-06-12, 02:12 PM
It is owned by the same company. I thought this was common knowledge on here or I would have mentioned it.

It might have been but I had no clue. I personally don't mind but I know some people avoid DD like the plague so I thought I'd mention it.

jwstl
07-06-12, 02:27 PM
It might have been but I had no clue. I personally don't mind but I know some people avoid DD like the plague so I thought I'd mention it.

I don't mind either. I've purchased a few items from importcds without a problem. I even gave DD another chance recently and was happy with their performance.

kenbenobi
07-06-12, 04:58 PM
Shipping and Handling kills the deal for me. $6.50 extra for 2 titles? No thanks...

ProfessorEcho
07-06-12, 05:47 PM
$6.50 to ship two Blu Rays? That's ridiculous. KINO Blus are so overpriced to begin with, I wind up passing on most of them and save my money for CRITERIONs which I at least know will have a stellar transfer and worthwhile extras. I only wish Criterion would use original ad art for their covers like Kino sometimes does.

NoirFan
07-06-12, 06:21 PM
Shipping and Handling kills the deal for me. $6.50 extra for 2 titles? No thanks...

Their shipping likely isn't worth it for just a couple of titles, but if you're planning on buying a bunch, the savings make up for it, as they only charge $3 for the first item, and $1.50 for each additional one. I buy all of the Olive discs from them, and save $4 or $5 on what Amazon charges, even when shipping is factored in. They're also a cheap source of Synapse titles. Plus, they ship out titles (up to two weeks before release date) as they come in, so that you don't have to worry about any items being held up.

filmsoncon
07-08-12, 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'd been waiting for a good Kino sale to catch up on Buster Keaton Blu-rays. Even with their inflated shipping, my total for four titles was $70-- well under what I'd have paid for them on Amazon. Gracias!

kstublen
07-08-12, 07:35 PM
I picked up all the Buster Keaton Blu-rays. I've been wanting to get them for a while now, but they never go on sale. Even with the shipping it's still cheaper than Amazon has ever had any of them. I wasn't looking to spend so much, but couldn't pass up the offer. Thanks.

Ravid
07-11-12, 06:53 PM
I picked up all the Buster Keaton Blu-rays. I've been wanting to get them for a while now, but they never go on sale. Even with the shipping it's still cheaper than Amazon has ever had any of them. I wasn't looking to spend so much, but couldn't pass up the offer. Thanks.

Has everything from the Keaton DVD box been released on Blu-Ray? I was contemplating buying some or all of these now, but if there's going to be a bigger Blu-Ray Keaton box set later I might get that instead, especially if it has exclusive content not released individually.

Sem
07-18-12, 07:04 PM
Has everything from the Keaton DVD box been released on Blu-Ray? I was contemplating buying some or all of these now, but if there's going to be a bigger Blu-Ray Keaton box set later I might get that instead, especially if it has exclusive content not released individually.

No, there are a few remaining titles. I have no doubts that as soon as they have all of them available, they will do the blu-ray box set. I would wait for that.

MooMooMooMoo
07-18-12, 08:48 PM
I really wanted to hit the Kino direct clearance sale that ended today, but I am too broke at the moment.