Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Techtronics UK - AVOID

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Techtronics UK - AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-01, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and and what appears to be a huge number of people are having a real problem with Techtronics in the UK.

Essentially if you order any h/w off them and it's goes wrong, then you're knackered

See thread below from thedvdforums.com

http://www.thedvdforums.com/ubb/Foru...ML/000019.html

You have been warned!!
Old 01-26-01, 10:47 AM

Well, you have to speak as you find, and having bought three new players and had an exisitng player collected, modified and returned by them, I have nothing other than the highest praise for them.
Admittedly I have never had to test their after sales service, but I just thought I'd add my 2p and give an alternate side to what is admittedly a generally one way opinion on these guys...

Further to that, I think they do by far and away the best DVD mods you can get, and beore you ask - NO I don't work for them.

------------------
Welshlad
There's no need for you to tell me you think I'm right - We'll just assume that!
Old 02-12-01, 08:22 PM

I have to agree with Welshlad. The service and the DVD player I got was excellent!! I was particularly impressed with the pre sales service I received!! Great site and great prices(I've not been in for a while, but they were the best prices I could find when I bought mine last September!!)
It is very easy to say a site is rubbish as there is a list of complaints, you would hardly see a list of praises though would you? If you see what I mean?!!(I'm not sure I do!! lol)
I am in no way taking away from the fact that some people have received poor service and hope they get a satisfactory outcome!!
Old 02-19-01, 07:04 PM

Don't B Silly

I work For an electrical retailer and techtronics are very very good. the only gripe i have is that i tried to call them today and they took 35 minutes to get me off hold!! So apart from that, long live teccies!!!
Old 02-20-01, 04:28 AM

I dunno, maybe I was unlucky, but I bought a panny ht-80 from them in Otober, it went wrong in nov (after 5 weeks), and they've had it back since then, with numerous promises that it'll be returned "in two weeks".

The measure of an retailer is how they help you when things go wrong, and their response has been for me and a lot of other people, poor.

mojax you hit the nail on the head, their PRE sales is great!