DVD Talk
Broken City -- D: Allen Hughes S: Crowe, Wahlberg, Zeta Jones, Pepper -- 1/18/13 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Broken City -- D: Allen Hughes S: Crowe, Wahlberg, Zeta Jones, Pepper -- 1/18/13

Osiris3657
06-29-12, 11:13 PM
Director: Allen Hughes (of the Hughes brothers...not sure why he's directing solo)
Script: Brian Tucker
Cast:
Mark Wahlberg
Russell Crowe
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Barry Pepper
Kyle Chandler
Justin Chambers

Plot: An ex-cop (Wahlberg) trailing the wife of New York City's mayor (Crowe) finds himself immersed in a larger scandal.

--------

3...2...1 until someone mentions that the studio must think this movie is shit because it's being released in January ;)

Filming completed in February and already has an MPAA rating, Rated R for pervasive language, some sexual content and violence

Tarantino
12-29-12, 08:56 PM
This movie looks terrible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g2FKp0kXswE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why So Blu?
12-29-12, 09:00 PM
I thought it looked okay but was directed by guy who directed Contraband and that was one of the worst flicks of 2012.

Supermallet
12-30-12, 07:43 PM
I can't wait for this movie to come out so I never have to see that wretched trailer again.

Why So Blu?
12-30-12, 11:47 PM
Oh, and my mistake, guy who directed Contraband DID NOT direct this. He directed that flick called Snitch, with The Rock. Benjamin Bratt plays a Mexican drug lord. I got confused cuz I saw both trailers backt-to-back in front of Zero Dark Thirty the other day.

Osiris3657
01-17-13, 11:05 PM
21% on RT. Eh

nickdawgy
01-17-13, 11:21 PM
My wife and are seeing this tomorrow night. I think she doesn't care how bad it is because she gets to watch Wahlberg.

d2cheer
01-18-13, 12:34 PM
My wife and are seeing this tomorrow night. I think she doesn't care how bad it is because she gets to watch Wahlberg.

I bet you don't get to make a decision for a movie like that. -wink-

Solid Snake
01-18-13, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for this movie to come out so I never have to see that wretched trailer again.

Funny. I never even heard of this film till yesterday.

nickdawgy
01-18-13, 12:58 PM
I bet you don't get to make a decision for a movie like that. -wink-

:lol:

I'm not one to say a movie sucks but at least you see _________ all movie.

nickdawgy
01-18-13, 12:59 PM

I felt the same way about the Gangster Squad trailer.

nickdawgy
01-19-13, 02:48 AM
Was pretty slow. I'd give it 2 out of 5 stars. We almost walked out and we've never done that before.

Wahlberg had some good scenes and there was a bit of humor, but Crowe tried too hard. Definitely worthy of the rating it's getting at RT.

IIG
01-30-13, 08:24 PM
The dialogue here was pretty painful to experience. The worst part was watching Crowe and Wahlberg say it. And the screenplay is a mess. There are several storylines and relationships that need either fleshing out, resolution, or clarification. This movie was right to have broken in its title. How they got such a decent cast to sign after this script, I will never know.

ScorseseLovesU
01-31-13, 10:58 AM
The dialogue here was pretty painful to experience. The worst part was watching Crowe and Wahlberg say it. And the screenplay is a mess. There are several storylines and relationships that need either fleshing out, resolution, or clarification. This movie was right to have broken in its title. How they got such a decent cast to sign after this script, I will never know.

See Movie 43, then ponder that again.

EddieMoney
07-30-13, 08:15 AM
Saw this last night. Average at best. I'd give it maybe a 2.5 or 3/5.