DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Warm deal: E.T. at Walmart preorder $17.96

doraemon10
06-28-12, 08:47 AM
Free shipping to home. Currently it's $23.99 at Amazon, I'm guessing at release it will be $14.99 and $10 by Black Friday. Still an ok deal.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/E.T.-The-Extra-Terrestrial-Anniversary-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-Widescreen/21119216

There is also one with a plush doll for $19.96. May pull the trigger on that one so my son can have a plush just like I did when I was a kid.

DVD Polizei
06-28-12, 10:03 AM
I wish they'd have an edition with an attachable lighted finger.

nycdude
06-28-12, 11:57 AM
As much as ET has been a classic and fan fav, I just can't see myself getting this until its $10 and under. I haven't even opened my 2 disc limited dvd version of this yet which I got when it first came out. sad I know.

Manzana
06-28-12, 02:17 PM
As much as ET has been a classic and fan fav, I just can't see myself getting this until its $10 and under. I haven't even opened my 2 disc limited dvd version of this yet which I got when it first came out. sad I know.
I'll probably be waiting for $10 too because I already have the 2 disc DVD set, and I don't watch this very often. Plus money is tight now and what I'll pay for stuff is going down rather than up.

On Walmart and Amazon's pages, it didn't state if the new BD set contains the digitally altered walkie-talkie edition or the original untampered theatrical edition or both? If the original untampered edition isn't included, I won't buy this at all.

AdamComic2
06-28-12, 06:25 PM
It will be original version only, no walkie talkies.

Michael Corvin
06-28-12, 10:10 PM
I've been wanting to show the kids ET, but I might as well wait for the BD. Might be down for the plush set. I don't think I ever had an ET stuffed animal.

Al_Tahoe
06-29-12, 08:59 AM
As much as ET has been a classic and fan fav, I just can't see myself getting this until its $10 and under. I haven't even opened my 2 disc limited dvd version of this yet which I got when it first came out. sad I know.I can relate.

obidawsn
06-30-12, 05:46 PM
I'll probably be waiting for $10 too because I already have the 2 disc DVD set, and I don't watch this very often. Plus money is tight now and what I'll pay for stuff is going down rather than up.

On Walmart and Amazon's pages, it didn't state if the new BD set contains the digitally altered walkie-talkie edition or the original untampered theatrical edition or both? If the original untampered edition isn't included, I won't buy this at all.

You don't have to worry about the altered version. Spielberg said that he regretted ever making that version and didn't want to include it on the blu-ray. I wouldn't have minded it (at least for the added scenes, not the walkie-talkies) as long as they included the original (which is what they did for the DVD), but it seems Spielberg actually wants it to go away. I'm pretty sure the deleted scenes are going to be included as a bonus feature, though, which is good.

darkhawk
07-02-12, 05:45 PM
If Spielberg would just changed the walkie-talkies back into guns and rifles, and kept the extra scenes, I'd be fine with that. Hopefully he'll keep the extended version.