DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Amazing Spider-Man / Dark Knight / Ted Movie Money

RustyOrgan
06-27-12, 11:21 PM
Has anyone seen promotional 'movie money' for either 'Amazing Spider-Man,' 'Dark Knight' or 'Ted?'

-BeeJay-
06-27-12, 11:35 PM
Ted had it if you pre-ordered the BD. It was limited though so I'm not sure if you can still get it.

Not sure about the other two though.

Rocketdog2000
06-27-12, 11:48 PM
You can get promotional movie money good for up to $10 on Amazing Spider-man with the purchase of the recently re-released/repackaged Blu Rays of Spider-man, Spider-man 2 and Spider-man 3 in just about any brick and mortar store. Wal-mart, in particular, has a big dump featuring these in store.

For Dark Knight Rises, you can get movie money good for up to $5 on around twenty different Warner Brothers Blu Ray titles. I've seen dumps in stores with titles ranging from Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Superman, Superman II (the Donner cut), Watchmen, Clash Of The Titans, Insomnia, Blade, Blade Trinity, Sherlock Holmes, V For Vendetta, Constantine,The Matrix Reloaded and several others that slip my mind at the moment. FYE has a big dump of all of these on sale for $9.99 each right now in stores. Have also seen some of these titles at Wal-mart and other places.

As for Ted, I've yet to see any kind of movie money offer for that yet.

bigjim25
06-28-12, 12:54 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man (http://www.sonymoviecash.com/asm/)
Up to $10 (or $5 concession cash)
Expires: 8/31/12 (codes must be entered by 8/13/12)
Redemption Site: http://www.sonymoviecash.com/asm/
Participating Titles:
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Ted (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000810791&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=164VJGPF30W14CZR9BZS&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1374390722&pf_rd_i=B005LAII1C&tag=dvdtalk.20) http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/icons/amazon-icon.png
Up to $10
Expires: 9/30/12
Redemption Site: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B005LAII1C (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000810791&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=164VJGPF30W14CZR9BZS&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1374390722&pf_rd_i=B005LAII1C&tag=blurayforum-20) / www.fandango.com
Participating Titles:
Ted (Amazon pre-order)
The Dark Knight Rises (https://www.activaterewards.com/thedarkknightrises)
Up to $5
Expires: 8/5/12
Redemption Site: https://www.activaterewards.com/thedarkknightrises
Participating Titles:
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Inception
Sherlock Holmes
Clash Of The Titans (2010)
Sucker Punch
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
Insomnia
Constantine
Superman: The Movie
Superman II
V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Terminator: Salvation
Blade
Blade: Trinity

Sweet Baby James
06-28-12, 01:08 AM
You can also get a Spider-Man ticket(up to $10) if you purchase 6 boxes of Kellogg's cereal.

mgdeals
06-28-12, 01:19 AM
To give more details and pricing, spiderman 1,2,3 are $10 each on sale right now at amazon and bestbuy and come with a $10 code towards the movie. Amazon will email you a code when you order 1. Bestbuy has the codes on the package.

Bestbuy also has special steelbook case dark knight and batman begins on sale for $9.99 this week that come with the $5 ticket credit mentioned above. The other movies with the $5 moviecash aren't steelbooks.

PhantomStranger
06-28-12, 01:22 PM
Many of the Amazon copies are coming with their own codes on the package, so some people are getting 2 $10 vouchers for each order.

whotony
06-28-12, 08:23 PM
I just got SM 1 from Amazon with a code in an email and one on pack.

Roybq
06-30-12, 10:57 PM
The best deal for Dark Knight Rises movie money comes from the Target Batman toys. If you can find the action figures with the movie money sticker, you basically just have to input the code on the back of the sticker and then the bar code of the toy you purchased. The movie money is worth $12 if you input $20 worth of toys. You create an account that you adds up the toy totals for you...or it's worth $12 if you take a picture of the barcode of any Batman toy over $20 and input that number. A slight flaw in the system that I may or may not have taken advantage of for a total of 2 tickets and I have 2 Christmas presents bought (for myself).

sotra
07-01-12, 12:15 AM
Got SM1 and 2 from amazon and threw in Ted preorder for free shipping.

sotra
07-01-12, 12:18 AM
The best deal for Dark Knight Rises movie money comes from the Target Batman toys. If you can find the action figures with the movie money sticker, you basically just have to input the code on the back of the sticker and then the bar code of the toy you purchased. The movie money is worth $12 if you input $20 worth of toys. You create an account that you adds up the toy totals for you...or it's worth $12 if you take a picture of the barcode of any Batman toy over $20 and input that number. A slight flaw in the system that I may or may not have taken advantage of for a total of 2 tickets and I have 2 Christmas presents bought (for myself).

Interesting. Slightly better than the BBy deal of the 2 SBs for $19.98 and $10 movie cash.

whotony
07-01-12, 10:06 AM
If someone wants a code for TED, throw me an email. None of my local theaters use Fandango, so I didn't use my code...didn't feel like driving an hour out of the way just to see it for free.

How do ou use those codes on fandango?

I tried to get it to work but fandango won't take the code.

whotony
07-01-12, 10:13 AM
Ok never mind. Now I see in my Ted email that it is for Fanfango and the SM codes are for a Sony site.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
07-01-12, 11:08 AM
Everytime I see the title of this thread, specifically "Ted Movie Money", my mind just sees "Ted" and "Money", and then I think of the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and wonder what he has to do with the thread.

Shannon Nutt
07-01-12, 12:00 PM
Everytime I see the title of this thread, specifically "Ted Movie Money", my mind just sees "Ted" and "Money", and then I think of the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and wonder what he has to do with the thread.

"Everbody has a price for the Million Dollar Man!"

Cardsfan111
07-01-12, 12:50 PM
If someone wants a code for TED, throw me an email. None of my local theaters use Fandango, so I didn't use my code...didn't feel like driving an hour out of the way just to see it for free.

Didn't see if anyone claimed this yet. Sent you an e-mail.

Shannon Nutt
07-01-12, 01:18 PM
Didn't see if anyone claimed this yet. Sent you an e-mail.

Emailed your way. Enjoy!

Cardsfan111
07-01-12, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Shannon! :up:

ppawuk
07-01-12, 10:19 PM
As far as Dark Knight movie cash I've got my fingers crossed for another K-Mart Reeses peanut butter cup deal they had for both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. We'll see...

jmu878
07-02-12, 07:19 PM
How soon did you all get the email from Amazon with the code? Site says when it ships, I was hoping it was sooner than that.

obidawsn
07-03-12, 02:50 AM
How soon did you all get the email from Amazon with the code? Site says when it ships, I was hoping it was sooner than that.

I doubt they will send the code until it ships. That's when they charge your card. They do that to keep people from ordering, getting the code, then cancelling before the item ships.

flashburn
07-03-12, 06:42 AM

It took a couple hours for them to send it to me.

litza
07-03-12, 04:57 PM
I ordered all three Blu-Rays. But only got one promotion code. :(

whotony
07-03-12, 09:52 PM
I did two seperate orders for the SM films.

Got 1 last week and a code a few hours afteritnwas delivered .

Got 2 and 3 today but still no more codes. Although all three had codes on pack.

DWilson
07-04-12, 09:29 AM
I ordered all three Blu-Rays. But only got one promotion code. :(

Same thing happened to me. I contacted Amazon and the CSR said the promotion said one code per order, -which I tend to think is crap, -either I would have to buy each one in a separate order or (more likely) I just would have bought them at Best Buy when they were both $10. However, the CSR gave me a $10 credit.

Manzana
07-04-12, 11:43 AM
For me when I see Knight and Ted next to each other in the title, I think of Ted Knight of course. I suppose I should've jumped on the Spiderman 1 & 2 deal with the movie cash (back when it was $9.99 at BB or Amazon), but since I already had the Spiderman Trilogy I didn't feel like spending the dough just to get extras that should've been on the Trilogy release. Older BDs will head towards $5 anyway, and you never know what $5 BDs you'll find at Walmart on BF... maybe I'll find those Spiderman 1 & 2 BDs for $5 each one of these days.

b2net
07-04-12, 01:11 PM
You really should have jumped on the Amazon having it them for $9.99... cause you get a promo code from Amazon.. and the promo code on the Blu's when they arrive. In essence making it 2 movie tickets and a Blu for $9.99...

Manzana
07-05-12, 09:28 AM
Yes, I should have jumped on this deal, but I didn't. Now the deal is over and I'm too stubborn to pay $3 more for 2 movies I already have on BD just to get more extras... well, I think they had the extended cuts and those would've made it more worthwhile but I'm trying to cut back on my spending. Maybe I should've sold off my unopened Spiderman Trilogy BD and gotten all 3 separately. That was more work and effort than I'd like to do right now.

I didn't know about the double tickets on each Amazon purchase until after it had ended since I wasn't paying enough attention. I could've used 2 tickets (TAS and DKR) but I'd be hard pressed to use 4 because (for reasons I won't mention) I'm the only one in my household who is able to go to a theater right now.

whotony
07-05-12, 09:31 AM
So you waited until the deal was over so you would have something else to belly ache about.

whotony
07-05-12, 09:32 AM
You really should have jumped on the Amazon having it them for $9.99... cause you get a promo code from Amazon.. and the promo code on the Blu's when they arrive. In essence making it 2 movie tickets and a Blu for $9.99...

Many people including me did not get a movie Code from amazon for the SM purchase.

sotra
07-05-12, 03:08 PM
Many people including me did not get a movie Code from amazon for the SM purchase.

Still waiting for mine to ship and see if I'll get codes emailed, but if I don't I will just email their excellent CS dept.

DWilson
07-05-12, 05:34 PM
Still waiting for mine to ship and see if I'll get codes emailed, but if I don't I will just email their excellent CS dept.

My copy of the first "Spider-Man" did not have a code sticker.

whotony
07-05-12, 07:47 PM
I emailed and here is what they said,

I understand your concern about the promo not applied on your account.

I've checked your account and see that this is a One-time promotion code and you'd receive only one code on your order.

Here is the promotional code: xxxxxxxxxx that you can use.

Sometimes other websites post Amazon.com promotional claim codes; however, these sites do not always post the restrictions or the correct expiration dates associated with a particular offer.

sotra
07-05-12, 10:58 PM
My copy of the first "Spider-Man" did not have a code sticker.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about sticker on them or not. If I get 4 tickets - 2 email codes and 2 stickers - from SM1 and 2 that would be a nice bonus, but if I get zero I will email them asking for 2.

The Monkees
07-08-12, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if you can use the ticket to buy advance tickets? I want to get my ticket today but it says it's only valid from 7/20.

obidawsn
07-10-12, 07:14 AM
I ordered Spider-man 1 & 2 (one on my account and the other on my wife's account). I got a promotional code for both. The movies came in the mail, yesterday. Spider-man 1 had a sticker with it, but the other movie ended up being a copy of Secondhand Lions. So now I'm having to do a return. But, so far, I have 3 codes for ordering the two of them and hope to see another one when I get the correct movie.

madmod20061
07-10-12, 05:51 PM
My Spiderman 3 (the only one I didn't have yet) came today and it had the code on it. They also e-mailed me a code, so I ended up with 2.

TerryAlexFan
07-15-12, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know if you can use multiple five dollar off certificates on one ticket? Say my ticket is 9.75, can I use two of these certificates to get a free ticket?

Rocketdog2000
07-15-12, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if you can use multiple five dollar off certificates on one ticket? Say my ticket is 9.75, can I use two of these certificates to get a free ticket?

No. Each ticket is good for only ONE admission. You can't combine them.