Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

just realized something, needs your guys help again.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

just realized something, needs your guys help again.

Old 10-18-00, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After spending weeks trying to figure out if I wanted a RPTV or just a DirectView tv, I came to conclusion that I will probably go for the Toshiba 40-Inch TW40X81 RPTV... All this equipment is going into a basement which is getting renovated, I am adding a Drop Cieling to my basement, which will give me about a Height of 77" (about 6ft or so)

You guys think that with the stand and RPTV, that it will be too cramped? And maybe it will be impossibe to watch it properly and comfortablly?

If this is the case, I will most likely have to ditch getting a RPTV Since the basement height is fairly low..

I checked Toshiba.ca website, and the dimension for their 40-Inch TW40X81 is about 44"..

Old 10-18-00, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Tweeter last night and they had the model you speak of on a platform that raised it about 3 feet and I was still taller than it by a good foot or so(and I'm about 6' tall). So in other words, if you have about 6 feet of clearence, it'll probably fit with about a foot to spare.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre