DVD Talk
Robot & Frank (2012) (Langella, Sarandon, Marsden, Tyler, and Sarsgaard) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Robot & Frank (2012) (Langella, Sarandon, Marsden, Tyler, and Sarsgaard)

Solid Snake
06-25-12, 05:06 PM
The children (James Marsden and Liv Tyler) of an aging ex-convict named Frank (Frank Langella) hire a robot (voiced by Peter Sarsgaard) to care for their aging father. Initially wary of the robots' presence in his life, Frank warms up to his new companion and uses him to commit a heist in order to win the affection of the local librarian (Susan Sarandon).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q4y8YAMPFhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

I like this and I happily await it cuz it seems like something that I would enjoy very much.

sauce07
08-21-12, 02:45 PM
I saw this the other day. Overall it's pretty good, great performance by Frank Langella. I do have some issues with a few of the plot points but it's easy to overlook them. At times it feels like this is one of the early stages of devolution in Idiocracy, the future is progressing but some people act like idiots.

Check it out, i'd give it a solid B.

bluetoast
09-24-12, 05:27 PM
Yeah it was not bad, I'd agree with the B. The library patron was definitely someone you wanted to see fail.

Giles
09-24-12, 05:30 PM
I saw this the other day. Overall it's pretty good, great performance by Frank Langella. I do have some issues with a few of the plot points but it's easy to overlook them. At times it feels like this is one of the early stages of devolution in Idiocracy, the future is progressing but some people act like idiots.

Check it out, i'd give it a solid B.

I agree, I thought Langella's performance was the highlight of the film.

OldBoy
03-11-14, 04:45 PM
i love this movie and saw it not too long ago, but i remembered when it told us the town it took place in and i can't remember.

can someone help me out? thanks in advance.

dex14
03-11-14, 04:59 PM
On Wikipedia it says the library was in Rye, NY... but I don't remember it that was the actual location?

Edit: What about Cold Springs, NY? Is that it? I think...

This movie was great by the way.

OldBoy
03-11-14, 05:35 PM
On Wikipedia it says the library was in Rye, NY... but I don't remember it that was the actual location?

Edit: What about Cold Spring, NY? Is that it? I think...

This movie was great by the way.

that is what i thought!! wait...just streamed it...YUP!!! wow! that is so cool.

RocShemp
03-11-14, 08:43 PM
This was a very sweet film and I really liked the little "twist" towards the end.