DVD Talk
The Last Voyage of the Demeter (2013, Dir: Neil Marshall) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Last Voyage of the Demeter (2013, Dir: Neil Marshall)

Solid Snake
06-25-12, 01:24 PM
The Last Voyage of the Demeter
studio Millenium Films
director Neil Marshall
writer Lowell Cauffiel, Bragi Schut Jr, James V. Hart
Synopsis "Demeter" is the name of the ship that carried Dracula's coffin from Transylvania to England in Bram Stoker's classic tale.

The story, penned by Bragi Schut Jr., is based on a chapter in Bram Stoker's "Dracula" describing the arrival of the vampire count in England on a cargo ship that has crashed into the rocks at Whitby with no crew and the dead captain lashed to the steering wheel. Stoker tells the story via the captain's log of the voyage, which begins in Bulgaria and becomes increasingly disjointed as members of the crew disappear.

Written by Bragi Schut, it's said to place the voyage center stage in a tale that is reminiscent of the first movie in the Alien franchise, in which a crew is slaughtered one-by-one by a mysterious passenger.

lthough yet to be confirmed, we’re told Ben Kingsley is still attached to play the film’s Captain. In addition, Viggo Mortensen (A History of Violence, The Road, The Lord of the Rings) has been offered the lead role of “Henry Clemens,” a source exclusively reveals to Bloody. There’s no real word on Noomi Rapace, coming off Prometheus, other than she “may” still be starring as “Anna Billington.” I can only guess it comes down to scheduling, especially with a movie that’s been stuck ashore for nearly a decade.

The latest draft was written by Lowell Cauffiel and is said to place the voyage center stage in a tale that is reminiscent of the first movie in the Alien franchise, in which a crew is slaughtered one-by-one by a mysterious passenger.

Jaymole
06-25-12, 01:47 PM
Sounds interesting...keeping my fingers crossed that Viggo Mortensen accepts.

GoldenJCJ
06-25-12, 02:17 PM
Sounds like an interesting story, I'm definitely interested!

However, reading "Ben Kingsley is still attached..." sends more shivers down my spine than any Dracula movie could.

Tarantino
06-25-12, 02:23 PM
I'm a Viggo fan, so I'm intrigued.

Greg MacGuffin
06-25-12, 05:44 PM
That sounds like a really cool premise. I wasn't blown away by Centurion, but I've liked just about everything else Marshall has done.

Solid Snake
06-25-12, 08:07 PM
I'd like to see what Mortensen could do under Marshall's direction.