Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free $10 Savings Code at BB.com with $50+ Purchase w/In-Store Pick-Up through Aug 31

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free $10 Savings Code at BB.com with $50+ Purchase w/In-Store Pick-Up through Aug 31

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-12, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't fit this part in the thread title:
$50 + on movies, music or video game software
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Entertai...at276600050001

It does not say if you can do this multiple times. I would think you could do it at least once each month, but hopefully it is unlimited!

Free $10 Savings Code

Spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, choose store pickup, and get a $10 savings code.

Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
Redeem your savings code in store or online.
Note: Not all products are available for store pickup.
Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-17-12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Free $10 Savings Code at BB.com with $50+ Purchase w/In-Store Pick-Up through Aug

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I couldn't fit this part in the thread title:
$50 + on movies, music or video game software
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Entertai...at276600050001

It does not say if you can do this multiple times. I would think you could do it at least once each month, but hopefully it is unlimited!

Free $10 Savings Code

Spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, choose store pickup, and get a $10 savings code.

Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
Redeem your savings code in store or online.
Note: Not all products are available for store pickup.
Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
1. If you order something online, and pick it up at the store, can you return it to the store?
2. Other than the Three Stooges set, are there any good deals on Best Buy.com? Thanks
Old 06-19-12, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Free $10 Savings Code at BB.com with $50+ Purchase w/In-Store Pick-Up through Aug

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
1. If you order something online, and pick it up at the store, can you return it to the store?
2. Other than the Three Stooges set, are there any good deals on Best Buy.com? Thanks
For #1, yes you can return it to the store. However, that may void the $10 voucher. I don't know how they are tracking that...

As for other good deals, there is a thread for BD bargains at BB:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...stbuy-com.html

In regards to DVD bargains, I guess check the weekly threads like this one:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...rd-2012-a.html
Old 06-19-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

For #1, yes you can return it to the store. However, that may void the $10 voucher. I don't know how they are tracking that...
That is all dependent on how the people at your local store are. I just had a big ordeal with this type of situation a couple weeks back and the idiots wouldn't let me return it. Long story short, anything related to customer service at BB is YMMV.
Old 06-19-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't see why it would be an issue. They give you a receipt when you pick the items up, and you can present that same receipt when you return the item. Also, BB.com's return policy clearly states you can (provided you have ID, of course):

Returns in Store
Avoid shipping charges and receive a refund more quickly by returning your items to any Best Buy store within the United States.
Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories
Bring your receipt or packing slip and a valid photo ID. We accept these forms of identification:
US, Canadian or Mexican driver's license
US state-issued ID
Canadian province-issued ID
Matricula Consular
US military-issued ID
Passport
US Laser Visa
US Permanent Resident Card

Of course, there's the usual, non-returnable items:
Nonreturnable Items
Labor, delivery and/or completed Geek Squad® installation services
Some prepaid cards, digital subscriptions or services
Consumable items such as food, drinks and batteries
Items that are damaged or abused
Items that are missing accessories such as remote controls, cords and cables
Etched or otherwise personalized items
Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund
Downloadable digital content (such as games and movies)
Microphones, harmonicas and similar products
Marketplace items and items purchased at Best Buy Express kiosks cannot be returned to Best Buy stores.
Old 06-19-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn. Two movies I want come to $49.98.
Old 06-19-12, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Damn. Two movies I want come to $49.98.
I had the same problem. So I added a $4.99 BD to my order. There are several WB titles on sale for $4.99 right now.
Old 06-19-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ To save $10? It doesn't seem worth it.
Old 06-19-12, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see why it would be an issue. They give you a receipt when you pick the items up, and you can present that same receipt when you return the item. Also, BB.com's return policy clearly states you can (provided you have ID, of course):
Oh believe me, I agree. Just so happens that the entire store seemingly couldn't understand any of the stores own policy. I talked to 3 people, 2 of them were managers. And it was a run around about how it would mess up the stores inventory and their computers won't even let them... blah blah blah. It was a big enough headache that the CS rep on the phone sent me a $10 gift card for the trouble.
Old 06-20-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ To save $10? It doesn't seem worth it.
I bought items I was going to buy anyway, with the exception of the $5 BD. $45 was from the Three Stooges set. So in the long run (after getting the $10 cert), I basically saved an additional $5, plus got a free BD. To me, it was worth it... But I wouldn't go out of your way to spend $50.
Old 06-20-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was tempted to save myself tax on The Three Stooges set when Amazon PM'd BB's $44.99 price, but I resisted over a few dollars. However, this $10 off $50 savings code is a much bigger temptation since I still haven't opened my Three Stooges set and still have a couple weeks left to return mine. Of course, like kenbenobi, I'd have to find a $5 BD I want (actually $5.01 to hit $50... kenbenobi, do you have any suggestions of $5.01 to $7 BDs)?

Does anyone know if this savings code only applies once per person (account) or you can get a $10 savings code for every $50 you order online and pick up in store as many times as you want until the promo expires? If the answer is yes, I think I'll do this on my Stooges set.
Old 06-20-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ I don't have specific suggestions, but I'd recommend perusing the cheap BD's to see if anything interests you. Sorted from low to high:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...getype=listing
Old 06-21-12, 08:02 AM

Thanks, kenbenobi. I guess I'll have to peruse the BDs sorted by price to find something.

Out of curiosity, have you (or has anyone else) done this offer at least twice in the same account so we know if there's a limit on how many $50+ ISP orders we can do and get $10 savings codes (before the offer expires)?
Old 06-21-12, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pondering placing a 2nd order, but I doubt I will. Using RZ certs will likely negate the voucher, since it technically lowers the amount under $50. I don't want to gamble on that working...
Old 06-22-12, 12:42 PM

kenbenobi, definitely don't use RZ certs if they'll take the subtotal under $50. This morning BB had something I wanted on special (a $12 item) so I ordered that plus the Stooges set again for in-store pickup (ISP) to get a $10 code. Then I'll return the Stooges set I got online. It's worth it for $10.

Is the savings code online only (i.e. one of those digital coupons like they used to give when they canceled orders after BF/Christmas time)?

Also, if you place a 2nd $50+ ISP order and get a 2nd $10 coupon, please post. I'm really hoping that it's not limit 1 coupon per person regardless how many $50+ ISP orders you place. Unfortunately the terms of the offer don't state if there are limits, and I have enough prior BB.com experience to know that calling and finding a rep who knows the answer to this question is about 5% and not even worth trying.
Old 06-22-12, 01:06 PM

I received 2 $50.00 gift cards for fathers day and went out and placed 2 orders the same day and after I picked them up I received 2 $10.00 savings codes in my email. So I would say you can order multiple orders with no problem.
Old 06-23-12, 12:12 PM

Thanks. Someone else confirmed this as well, so apparently there isn't a limit to how many of these we can get during the promo period.

So, is what they email you just a $10 Reward Zone certificate with a unique number (requiring you to go through RZ to print it) or is it just a (unique) coupon code that you can print from your email?

I haven't gotten my first one yet since I won't be picking up my order for a few days.
Old 06-23-12, 08:15 PM

It's where you can print it from your email or they give you a pin number with it if you just want to use it online.