DVD Talk
The Amazing Spider-Man Preview DVD + Comic (Walmart exclusive) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Amazing Spider-Man Preview DVD + Comic (Walmart exclusive)

Rinzler
06-16-12, 06:38 PM
From my post over at Blu-ray.com...

For those interested, there is a Walmart exclusive preview DVD for TASM out today, which comes with a comic and it seems to be the first appearance of The Lizard.

On the DVD you'll find:

A BTS piece (7:32) with Webb, Garfield, Stone, Sheen, Field and others contribute, you see parts of two scenes which have not been seen before and is pretty good.

An exclusive scene which I will name in the following spoiler tag and detail in a spoiler tag below (the scene is that of the car thief, see below for a detailed description) The scene runs 2:38

A sneak peak of TASM Video Game (looks pretty good, I loved Spider-man 2 on Gamecube back in the day, can't get much better than web swinging through NYC in HD) which is a tad short at :57

And lastly the 2nd theatrical trailer, which is the only segment on this disc in 5.1, the rest are all DD Stereo.

The sound is good, the video is okay, not as good as I expected but not horrible, it is a DVD after all. The featurette plays by default as does the scene, then you are taken to the menu where all 4 are selectable.

I haven't read the comic but it looks pretty cool. As pictured this is $2.96 at Walmart and I think it may have rang up as less than that (I have to find my receipt). Hope this helps you guys out, it's a cool little look at the movie and could be a great Father's Day surprise for any Spidey fan, plus it's a neat collector's item, I'm happy with mine.

As for the scene description - A car thief uses a code device to unlock a car, and hops in. He finds Spidy sat behind him, and some of the dialogue we have seen in the trailers plus more ensues, Spidey keeps trapping him inside the vehicle but the he lets the thief climb out the window, then Spidey is threatened with the knife as shown in the trailers, he webs the thief up, then the police come. Spidey dodges some bullets, claims to have done 80% of the cops' job and webs out climbing on a pick up truck and then... the scene ends.

djones6746
06-19-12, 02:04 PM
I picked this up for my son and gave it to him yesterday. Earlier this year, I had given him my collection of Spiderman comic books which he is really enjoying. He finds it very funny to see some of my comics with .25 cent price tags in the corner. :)

Alan Smithee
06-19-12, 04:28 PM
This should've been a 3D Blu-Ray. I contemplated picking it up, but seemed a bit much for $3 considering Circuit City used to give away stuff like this for free.

E-Z-B
06-19-12, 09:29 PM
Is this somewhere near the checkout aisles or back in electronics?

Rinzler
06-20-12, 12:24 AM
My store had it on a little shelf that's by the entrance with other DVDs, no Blu-rays on this one.

E-Z-B
06-20-12, 07:58 AM
My store had a Couple hundred copies in front of electronics this morning.

Alan Smithee
06-20-12, 04:11 PM
Wonder if they'll mark it down after the movie comes out?

That'sAllFolks
06-22-12, 09:17 PM
Wonder if they'll mark it down after the movie comes out?

My WM had a bunch of these left since last week. They filled one side of a 4-sided display and they hadn't sold more than 20%, At 2.96, I suspect there will be a bunch still left in a month,waiting to be marked down to a penny.

JohnnyMovie
06-25-12, 12:47 AM
I just got this pick up yesterday at Walmart and there plenty of it.