Old 06-14-12, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Saving Hope -- Season 1 CTV/NBC drama (Durance/Shanks) -- Thursdays

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-06-07

Synopsis for "Contact"

Spoiler:
Alex Reid (Erica Durance) treats a young boy with mysterious symptoms while dealing with the arrival of Charlie's ex-wife. Elsewhere in the hospital, Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies) and Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) try to help a patient who refuses life-saving treatment on religious grounds.

Tonight is episode 2 of 13
Old 06-15-12, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Saving Hope -- Season 1 CTV/NBC drama (Durance/Shanks) -- Thursdays

I didn't see the pilot, but this episode wasn't too bad. Makes me wonder how far they're going to drag out Charlie's somewhere-between-life-and-death thing. Good news is, from the looks of the promo for next week's show, Erica's character is going to disrobe to give Charlie some "hands on" coma therapy. Sweet!
Old 06-16-12, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Pretty good episode.

I thought the ex-wife was going to play a more integral part. Sure she made Alex think differently, but I was hoping for a more Addison twist!

Not sure I care about the intern and VampDoc. I liked her well enough in the pilot, but now she's getting annoying. I think Shrink has a thing for her, which is unfortunate since he's pretty cool.

I think the ending would have been better if instead of seeing her make the action, cut from her realization to Charlie walking somewhere else in the hospital. Then suddenly have him hear the music, smile and walk off camera - transition and cut to flashback.
Old 07-09-12, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shanks is being wasted but I don't think they can have him out of the coma except in the series finale.

When I first saw the previews, I thought this would be a show where Shanks correctly diagnoses mis-diagnosed patients and somehow passes along the information to the material world. Like a House MeDium
Old 07-10-12, 03:18 AM

It's unclear to me why Erica chose such a low-profile show. The only thing I can think of is she has a producer credit too.
Old 07-10-12, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
It's unclear to me why Erica chose such a low-profile show. The only thing I can think of is she has a producer credit too.
I also kind of wonder she would choose this show. My guess is that she has trouble finding work on American shows. It seems her fellow Canadian Gregory Smith has had the same troubles and he is on that Canadian show Rookie Blue. I really liked Erica on Smallville and Gregory on Everwood and I think both of them could get on better shows.
Old 07-10-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I also kind of wonder she would choose this show. My guess is that she has trouble finding work on American shows. It seems her fellow Canadian Gregory Smith has had the same troubles and he is on that Canadian show Rookie Blue. I really liked Erica on Smallville and Gregory on Everwood and I think both of them could get on better shows.
I like Erica alot, but I hope that CTV cans this show. Coming off working on Smallville for 6 of it's 10 seasons, it's puzzling that she couldn't get cast in an American TV series. She isn't old by any means (34) and is very attractive. Working on a low budget Canadian drama isn't going to help her career. IMO, maybe she should try getting on a 30 minute comedy. She had alot of great comedic moments on Smallville and 30 minute comedies always seem to be in the market for tall, attractive women.

Look at Cassidy Freeman. She was only on Smallville for 3 seasons and managed to get work on The Vampire Diaries and is now one of the leads of Longmire. Plus, Longmire just got renewed and is one of A&E's highest rated new series.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-10-12 at 08:56 AM.