Old 06-14-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- 6/14/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-05-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the second-season premiere, the girls face the fallout from what happened with Ian at the church, and their parents have them talk with a therapist (Annabeth Gish). Meanwhile, Caleb returns to see Hanna; and Spencer is told that Toby is off-limits.

20 episode 2nd season. It will air in 2 blocks (10 this summer/10 in spring 2012)

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YJsVr1xPMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The girls are back. Can't wait. This is my favorite summer guilty pleasure.
Old 06-14-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
re: Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- 6/14/11

Damn, I have to go back and finally watch the finale from last season. Still have it on the Tivo I hope.
Old 06-14-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber
Damn, I have to go back and finally watch the finale from last season. Still have it on the Tivo I hope.
Damn, you haven't watched it yet?

Anways, in case you lost it, it re-airs tonight at 7pm before the premiere.
Old 06-14-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Once again, I can't believe how excited I get for this show.
Old 06-15-11, 01:09 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm a question only Ian could answer? Let me say that answer out loud so the poser who is hiding nearby can hear it and then text it right back as proof. Brilliant!

It's not safe to talk inside a police car so let's just step into this alley where Jenna can hear us. Duh!

Let me keep a key to my apartment right under my front door mat. Oops.

Best place to store a crucial video is ..... oh nevermind.

Last edited by AJW; 06-15-11 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-15-11, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Oh Emily, you have a crucial piece of video and you leave it out in the open. Plus, you don't even password protect your laptop? WTF? That's just careless. I don't know what to think about the Ian in hiding/dead thing. "A" has been watching the girls like a hawk, so that could be a Red Herring.

Other than that, I thought it was a great character-driven episode. They jammed in alot in that hour. I also liked that it picked up moments after the finale.

I'm surprised about Tobey's change. He was a weird creep in the 1st half of last season and now he's actually turned into a somewhat likeable character.

Minor complaints, they need to lose Caleb and Noel. I was never fond about Hanna's romance with Caleb and Noel is just a smug douche.
Old 06-15-11, 08:55 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Who was that guy that 'showed up' in class?
Old 06-15-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Who was that guy that 'showed up' in class?
That was Noel. He was the guy who was blackmailing Aria and Ezra about their affair.
Old 06-15-11, 01:37 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Oh Emily, you have a crucial piece of video and you leave it out in the open. Plus, you don't even password protect your laptop? WTF? That's just careless.
I'm just amused that they still don't know how to back up data.
Old 06-15-11, 01:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm more amused that the writers will go on like nothing on the laptop can be recovered after a format.
Old 06-15-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I know nothing about the book but I take it that A is the antagonist through the whole series? I was hoping her story line would wrap up in the finale, which I finally watched, but it looks like nothing has changed. I'm just not sure I can do another season full of red herrings and introducing new characters every week.
Old 06-15-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk God

So I know nothing about the book but I take it that A is the antagonist through the whole series? I was hoping her story line would wrap up in the finale, which I finally watched, but it looks like nothing has changed. I'm just not sure I can do another season full of red herrings and introducing new characters every week.
I just looked at the Pretty Little Liars wikipedia page and apparently there is 8 books in the series with 9 and 10 coming out this year. "A" is the main villain, but there is also subplots with the 4 girls.
Old 06-15-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...able_20110614/

Wow, this show just dominates in the ratings. 3.7M viewers and 1.3 in the demos for the premiere. 90210 and One Tree Hill would kill to have ratings like that.
Old 06-19-11, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

20 episode 2nd season. It will air in 2 blocks (10 this summer/10 in spring 2012)

The girls are back. Can't wait. This is my favorite summer guilty pleasure.
This pisses me off greatly. Having to wait until the Spring for more intrigue involving these girls will be so annoying.

I am ashamed of myself as a man, that i love the show this much.
Old 06-19-11, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
This pisses me off greatly. Having to wait until the Spring for more intrigue involving these girls will be so annoying.

I am ashamed of myself as a man, that i love the show this much.
I'm not ashamed at all. I fucking love this show. The 4 girls are gorgeous (all in the early to mid 20's so there is no guilt factor here) and it's a really compelling serialized teen mystery drama.
Old 06-20-11, 09:37 AM

I'm not ashamed at all. I fucking love this show. The 4 girls are gorgeous (all in the early to mid 20's so there is no guilt factor here) and it's a really compelling serialized teen mystery drama.
You possess greater ego strength than i. Right now, i keep it on the down low the same way i did in my tenure watching "The Hills" (a far inferior show).

Perhaps i will be able to come out at dinner tomorrow, and go public with my appreciation for this show. It is entertaining, has very pretty age appropriate stars, and really has me hooked on the suspense/mystery angle (as well as Spence... i dig her beak in the biggest way)
Old 06-20-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told my friends about the show, but I doubt they will watch due to the girlish title and it being on ABC Family.
Old 06-21-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars -- "The Goodbye Look" -- 6/21/11

By djariya at 2011-05-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
With the girls being forced to go their separate ways for a bit, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer need each other now more than ever. Emily struggles with her family's impending move to Texas, but when a college athletic scout approaches her after a swim meet, she sees an opportunity that could keep her in Rosewood. Hanna's father returns to town; with her friends at arm's length, will she forgive Mona so she has someone to lean on? And Spencer tries to be supportive of Toby's new plans to free himself of his family and Rosewood.

Meanwhile, on the eve of Ezra's last day at Rosewood High, he begs Aria to meet him so they can work things out. Aria, on the other hand, is not so sure there's anything left to say. But is she really ready to say goodbye to Mr. Fitz for good?

Episode 2 of 24

It looks like ABC Family increased the episode order to 24. I assume the summer season will end after episode 12.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/reK3UWwZUOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-22-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "The Goodbye Look" -- 6/21/11

Good episode. But, again there is a few head scratching moments.

at Emily for being shocked that her laptop was wiped clean. That's what you get for leaving it unsecure and not backing up the data.

Also, Aria running out to the parking lot to kiss Ezra out in the pubic. I know he doesn't teach at her school anymore, but she's still technically underaged and some parent or another teacher could have easily seen them and reported it.

I thought it was funny that Emily was totally jumping the gun and assuming that she had an offer from that school in the bag to keep her in Rosewood. Also, I'm a little upset that they seem to have forgotten about Paige from last season. I actually liked the chemistry she had with Emily and her conflict about being "In the Closet" Not really a fan of this new girl that Emily is hanging with.

at Tobey for being fired on his 1st day. Guess his creepiness reputation is still holding up.

I really hated Mona is season 1, but she's actually become alot more tolerable recently and not as bitchy and stuck up.

I do really enjoy just seeing the girls together and interact with each other. I think that is one of the strongest points of the show.
Old 06-22-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Emily's new girl is much hotter then the previous one so I'm cool with the change.

I liked this one far more then last week. Not as much "A" stuff and only one red herring this week.
Old 06-22-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I think Emily's new girl is much hotter then the previous one so I'm cool with the change.

I liked this one far more then last week. Not as much "A" stuff and only one red herring this week.
I thought the episode from last season where Emily and Paige went to that Karaoke bar got me interested in their relationship. The chesmitry they had in that episode was pretty hot.

I guess I'm being a little too nit picky about a TV Lesbian relationship. I'll get used to the new chick eventually.
Old 06-24-11, 08:01 AM

Good episode. But, again there is a few head scratching moments.

Also, Aria running out to the parking lot to kiss Ezra out in the pubic. I know he doesn't teach at her school anymore, but she's still technically underaged and some parent or another teacher could have easily seen them and reported it.
I think it was established in another earlier thread that age of consent in PA is 16

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

It is extremely squick to kiss your teacher in public, but i guess not illegal. I would imagine it wouldn't help his career to be dating his former high school student and i think really dumb to be so public.
Old 06-28-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars -- "My Name is Trouble" -- 6/28/11

By djariya at 2011-05-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Aria takes a pottery class at a nearby college, putting her in proximity to Ezra---and Jenna. Elsewhere, Emily manipulates the truth about her swimming prospects; Hanna tries to join the yearbook staff; and Spencer grows suspicious of Jason and Melissa.

Episode 3 of 24

Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnlXd1-q1k
Old 06-29-11, 10:50 AM

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "My Name is Trouble" -- 6/28/11

I am sort of getting this "Nancy Drew" vibe now. Like there is the threat of danger, but no one is really going to get hurt or die.

Whatever this show is doing it is doing well. The formula has elements that other shows have used, but it just clicks on this one.

I was sort of uncomfortable with the high school student/teacher thing on LUX, but here in this world it isn't so icky for some reason.

When Toby said
Spoiler:
I love you, and Spenser said she wanted to say it first

i was genuinely happy for both of them.

I care about what happens to these characters, they are starting to have funnier dialogue, and i think it is actually getting even better overall than the first season, which is rare.
Old 06-29-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars -- "My Name is Trouble" -- 6/28/11

I thought this was a really good episode.

There were some really sweet character moments. I enjoyed Toby and Spencer's interactions. It's quite surprising how they have turned around his character and made him a pretty decent love interest for her.

at her pawning her sister's wedding ring for that truck and then seeing "A" buy it at the end.

I also liked seeing Hanna and Lucas interact and be friendly with each other.

at Emily making the fake acceptance letter, destroying it and then "A" re-sending it to their house. I would be creeped out to know that "A" is able to walk into my house at any time and do whatever he/she pleases.

Was the guy at the end who gave the drugs or whatever it was to Spencer's sister her ex-boyfriend from season 1? IIRC, he was the one who kissed Spencer and then left town after her sister found out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.