DVD Talk
HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET (2012) (dir. Mark Tonderai) (Jennifer Lawrence) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET (2012) (dir. Mark Tonderai) (Jennifer Lawrence)

riotinmyskull
06-09-12, 05:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Xd2ceHDd-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A mother and daughter move to a new town and find themselves living next door to a house where a young girl murdered her parents. When the daughter befriends the surviving son, she learns the story is far from over.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582507/

EdTheRipper
06-09-12, 05:55 PM
I saw the trailer for this the other day and couldn't remember the name of the movie to save my life. Looks pretty good.

Troy Stiffler
06-09-12, 06:38 PM
Could be dreadful teen thriller junk. But the trailer makes it look like something better than that. We'll see.

And the trailer gives a lot away. I think that when she ended up next to other girlfriends, the trailer went too far.

Dr. DVD
06-10-12, 10:40 AM
Huh? That trailer made little to no sense. The way it played made it look like it's supposed to be a prequel to some other franchise.

dsa_shea
06-10-12, 10:47 AM
Another PG-13 thriller. Yay! It doesn't come out until September. I bet this movie tries to have a clever ending.

Solid Snake
06-10-12, 11:17 AM
Looks interesting. I'll give it a try if good things are heard from it.

Dr. DVD
06-10-12, 11:34 AM
Another PG-13 thriller. Yay! It doesn't come out until September. I bet this movie tries to have a clever ending.

One that will undoubtedly have an "unrated" cut down the road but will not have Ms. Lawrence naked. :(

FWIW, this was supposed to be released in mid-February but got pulled. I am willing to bet the new marketing campaign for it will make Lawrence the focal point as the release date nears.

EdTheRipper
10-03-12, 01:10 PM
Saw this today. Meh. The cast was alright...only the 3 leads were really given anything to do. Story wasn't all that great with a twist that was pretty apparent. Not so much a horror flick, more of a psychological thriller.

Giles
10-05-12, 06:20 PM
Saw this today. Meh. The cast was alright...only the 3 leads were really given anything to do. Story wasn't all that great with a twist that was pretty apparent. Not so much a horror flick, more of a psychological thriller.

meh? more like ZZZZZZZZZZZ - the first hour was insanely, insanely boring.

of the five people + me in the theater this afternoon - all of them up and left - half way through. apparently this movie was a waste of their time (as it ultimately was)

the twist was just a big ol -ohbfrank-

it may have Lawrence to draw in the teenagers, but damn she falls into the typical cliches of a stalker victim in a slasher film at the end - pretty people doing dumb things in a dumb movie....

I can't believe I stomached or sat through the entire stupid as shit movie.

JZ1276
10-08-12, 12:32 AM
Surprised no one brought up The Last House on the Left title rip off