DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : DVD Surprise ?

Spottedfeather
06-07-12, 06:04 PM
Have you ever been looking through your collection and found a movie or movies that you don't remember buying and don't remember being given ?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
06-07-12, 06:08 PM
The only DVD surprise I ever found was finding a copy of Kink Club in the DVD player of a hotel I stayed at.

critterdvd
06-07-12, 07:57 PM
Sometimes I'll forget if I own a couple dump-bin movies. For 5 bucks each sometimes I will grad several at the same time and one or two will end up unwatched and I'll forget about it. I've returned a couple and gifted a few I accidentally double bought...

Rexxriot
06-09-12, 02:51 PM
It's probably happened once or twice. I don't really have an easy way to look through my collection, so it's easy to forget.

milo bloom
06-12-12, 11:59 AM
Never but I had the exact opposite happen. I bought the Bluray of Fight Club and went to get my DVD to give to a family member, and it was nowhere to be found. I didn't loan it to anybody, it was simply removed from my house by the DVD gnomes. And it was my original copy, blind-bought shortly after release. It had made at least three house moves without problem, and it vanished.

So I picked up a used copy for the family member I had promised it too, and mailed it to them, and I thought it had disappeared too for nearly a month, but it was simply delayed for a media mail inspection.

SteveA
06-12-12, 02:21 PM
Never but I had the exact opposite happen. I bought the Bluray of Fight Club and went to get my DVD to give to a family member, and it was nowhere to be found. I didn't loan it to anybody, it was simply removed from my house by the DVD gnomes. And it was my original copy, blind-bought shortly after release. It had made at least three house moves without problem, and it vanished.

So I picked up a used copy for the family member I had promised it too, and mailed it to them, and I thought it had disappeared too for nearly a month, but it was simply delayed for a media mail inspection.

I had something similar to this happen to me too. I went to play my copy of The Bourne Identity. The case was there, but the DVD was gone. Never, ever found it. I can only speculate that I mistakenly put the disc in a rental case (along with the rental disc) and returned it to the store. Unlikely, but WTF?

Regulus
06-12-12, 04:02 PM
Every now and then I break out a DVD of a TV Series to watch and discover it has a "Bonus Episode" of another TV Series from the same producer and/or distributor.-eek-

My most recent "Discovery" was Disk No. Three of The Partridge Family, which has an episode of the Animated Series Partridge Family 2200 AD in it. :D

SterlingBen
06-12-12, 07:24 PM
Not really, the act of purchasing, adding it to the spending tab, watching it and then adding it to the main list and Delicious Library pretty much solidifies them all in my mind.