Old 06-01-12, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Common Law -- "Soul Mates" -- 6/01/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-05-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A woman's murder could have ties to a dating Web site. During the investigation, Wes discovers that his ex has started dating and has a profile on the same site.

Episode 3 of 12

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8NflHREzOEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't forget this is on tonight. They actually took a 2 week break after episode 2. Is anyone else caught up on this or are you still backed up on your stuff? Episode 2 was pretty fun as well.
Old 06-03-12, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Common Law -- "Soul Mates" -- 6/01/12

Just got caught up with this tonight.

I'm really liking this show. It's actually pretty comparible to the cancelled FOX show The Good Guys and has a little bit of Lethal Weapon as well. Some of the banter between Wes and Travis is hilarious. It's a pretty fun cop comedy/drama.

Loved the 1st scene where they did the tactical assault on the Raccoon and took him down.

After Travis met the cute computer geek:

Wes: "Can you not ruin another professional relationship?"

I love how Travis has a hard on for practically every chick that walks in with a skirt.

The one storyline that seems a little forced is their blatant attempt to re-pair Wes with his ex. It's so obvious, especially at the end of this episode when he pulled up the dating matches on that site and she showed up.

Other than that, it's a little and breezy USA show that you don't need to over-think. I have a feeling the whole couples therapy angle, which is the main gimmick of this show will eventually fade away and it will be more of a buddy cop comedy.
Old 06-03-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Common Law -- "Soul Mates" -- 6/01/12

I've been enjoying the series so far. Typical USA Network fare. I hope the therapy gimmick continues too, it's an interesting twist.