DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Gears of War: Judgement

fumanstan
06-01-12, 04:54 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/31/our-august-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx

Not many other details right now, although i'm sure thats what E3 will be for.

The new installment in Epic's million-dollar franchise is Gears of War: Judgment. The July cover of Game Informer shows series mainstay Damon Baird shackled as the Locust hordes rage around him. Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, soldier and world-famous Thrashball player, dons our second cover image in the same precarious situation.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/z95731/cvr-a-610full.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/z95731/cvr-b-610full.jpg

MoviePage
06-01-12, 07:30 PM
That's a pretty surprising reveal. After yesterday's tease of the GI cover, everyone was guessing either Marcus or Adam Fenix as the mysterious shackled figure.

Also, thread title has a misspelling. ;)

fumanstan
06-01-12, 07:40 PM
D'oh! Stupid spelling :(

Groucho
06-01-12, 08:20 PM
Wait...they made a HUGE deal that the last game was the end of the series "and we mean it!"

Guess they didn't mean it.

(not that I'm surprised)

Anubis2005X
06-01-12, 10:33 PM
D'oh! Stupid spelling :(

Actually, both "judgment" and "judgement" are acceptable.

MoviePage
06-01-12, 10:45 PM
But the title of the game is Gears of War: Judgment.

This doesn't really need to be a debate, even if it is the internet.

K&AJones
06-02-12, 11:32 AM
I'll be waiting to hear more on the whole storyline. I think most would love to have a earlier prequel leading up to Gears 1....a more in depth story on the Locusts orgin and beginning of GEARS itself.

Giantrobo
06-02-12, 12:32 PM
Yeah, they MUST explain that damn Queen.

Raul3
06-02-12, 09:10 PM
I would like to know more about Queen Myrra. Maybe we"ll learn about her origin.

gerrythedon
06-02-12, 09:42 PM
Xbox 720 or 360?

It'll look awesome with the UNREAL4 engine on the 720.

Raul3
06-02-12, 11:17 PM
They won't announce new hardware, MS, at this E3, so this game should be in the 360.

K&AJones
06-03-12, 08:23 AM
Saw where Gameinformer will have a 10 page story on the Unreal 4 Engine in the next issue.

IGN.com has some more details up....

Baird, Cole, Garron, and Sofia -- the four members of Gears of War: Judgment's Kilo Squad -- have been "charged for treason because they didn't follow orders, stole equipment, and their actions could end up killing millions of people they swore to protect," an anonymous source told IGN.

This is the premise of Judgment, and the crux of the trailer debuting at Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, June 4, where we'll learn officially that the next Gears of War is a prequel to the first game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/02/e3-2012-first-gears-of-war-judgment-story-details

edstein
06-03-12, 11:33 AM
Why did this news come out early? Makes the E3 announcement less exciting.

gerrythedon
06-03-12, 01:20 PM
They won't announce new hardware, MS, at this E3, so this game should be in the 360.

I know that but no way the game comes out this year [I guess it could be a March 2013 release]. Also it could come out as a launch game for the 720 next year.

Matthew Chmiel
06-03-12, 01:50 PM
Also it could come out as a launch game for the 720 next year.
:lol:

Microsoft won't announce any titles for their third-generation console until the E3 before that console is released. If a new console comes out in 2013, it won't be announced until E3 2013. Microsoft's goal is to support the 360 at least until 2015.

gerrythedon
06-03-12, 01:57 PM
:lol:

Microsoft won't announce any titles for their third-generation console until the E3 before that console is released. If a new console comes out in 2013, it won't be announced until E3 2013. Microsoft's goal is to support the 360 at least until 2015.

I know, I know.

Raul3
06-04-12, 01:00 PM
Soooo?

Anyways. Yeah, 2013 release. Game Informer has more details about a new mode that combines Horde and Beast, sounds complicated to me, but Horde 2 sounded complicated too and I love it now.

gerrythedon
06-04-12, 01:03 PM
No damn it I wanted HORDE 3.0 and Beast 2.0! :)

gerrythedon
06-04-12, 01:08 PM
"Chicks Dig The Baird" :lol:

gerrythedon
08-07-12, 01:08 AM
A Gears of War FPS? "Never Say Never", Says Epic

Despite being the champion of the third-person cover shooter genre, Gears of War could one day take a foray into the overpopulated world of the first-person shooter if enough fans like the idea enough. It'll also have to make sense to take the series in that direction too.

"I'm a big believer in never say never," Executive Producer Rod Fergusson told OXM. "It's all about what's interesting in the industry at the time and where fans want us to take it. We don't want to say never but it's not on the top of my mind either. We look at what makes sense and move in that direction."

Of course, should Gears of War ever adopt the guise of an FPS, development buddies People Can Fly who are working with Epic Games on Gears of War: Judgment, could potentially be brought along for the ride. PCF main man Adrian Chmielarz has even expressed interest in creating a Skyrim-style open-world game.

An open-world Skyrim-esque Gears of War? Very doubtful, but as Fergusson says, "never say never". Gears of War: Judgment is out on March 19th, 2013.

Giantrobo
08-08-12, 03:01 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I HATE 1st person!!!! That's why I LOVE GOW. :(

At least, if they even do this...and I hope they don't....leave an OPTION to choose between the two.

FUckin' FPS players! Go play HALO!

K&AJones
08-08-12, 05:28 PM
Leave Gears alone....it's perfect as is.

foxdvd
08-08-12, 06:11 PM
Leave Gears alone....it's perfect as is.

I agree...it just needs more dick jokes..if only

gerrythedon
08-09-12, 01:24 AM
I agree...it just needs more dick jokes..if only

:( I want[ed] Bulletstorm 2 [instead] :(

K&AJones
08-09-12, 05:04 PM

Beat me to the punch....Bulletstorm 2 all the way.

gerrythedon
08-10-12, 01:10 AM

... that's the reason why Rod Fergusson left. :)... :(

Michael Corvin
08-10-12, 07:21 AM

:up: Finally played Bulletstorm last month, and I have to agree. The game was a blast and deserved a better fate.

K&AJones
08-13-12, 07:50 PM
Gears of War: Judgment's Creative Director Leaves People Can Fly [Updated]

Written Monday, August 13, 2012 By Lee Bradley

[Update]

The reason that Adrian Chmielarz and co left People Can Fly is because Epic Games has bought the studio. Epic already owned a majority share in the company, something it secured back in 2007. Now it has the lot.

"We doubled down on People Can Fly," Epic's Mark Rein told Polygon. "It was something we always hoped to do."

The decision to buy out the company led to the departure of Chmielarz, Poznanski and Kosieradzk. The group's departure was amiable though, reckons Rein. "We will be helping (Chmielarz) with some future announcements," he said. "Our paths will be crossing again."

[Original Story]

A number of key staff have left People Can Fly, the studio currently developing Gears of War: Judgement alongside Epic Games.

Among the departed staff is Adrian Chmielarz. He was Judgment’s creative director.

Following the news, Epic Games president Mike Capps issued a statement, saying, "Adrian Chmielarz, Andrzej Poznanski and Michal Kosieradzki have parted ways with People Can Fly and Epic Games in order to pursue other opportunities, which they will announce of their own accord.

“Over the past decade, they have been instrumental in building People Can Fly into the talented team that it is today. We wish them well in their future endeavors. People Can Fly remains excited to release Gears of War: Judgment to fans early next year."

Chmielarz later tweeted, “Gears fans, you're going to love Judgment. It's in great hands. And don't worry, you'll hear about my plans soon enough. :)”

[via GameInformer]

gerrythedon
08-14-12, 12:21 AM
I guess PCF people wanted to do Bulletstorm 2 instead , so EPIC had to buy them to keep them in check. ;)

gerrythedon
08-28-12, 04:01 PM
Gears of War: Judgment Free-for-All Mode Unveiled
It's every COG for themselves.

Microsoft has unveiled a new multiplayer game mode for Gears of War: Judgment: it's called Free-for-All mode.

As the name suggests, the mode promises to throw team tactics out of the window and, in a first for the Gears of War series, it will ask players to take on every other player. It's every COG solider for himself.

Epic games will debut the new mode this week at PAX Prime where a playable version will also be present. Alongside this, two new maps will be on show: Gondola and Library.

The Gondola map promises to take place in a quiet, gated community located only a short gondola ride from the renowned shops and businesses in the prestigious Agora foothills. The Library level, meanwhile, will take place in an archive of important documents surrounding the life, career, and personal interests of Alexiy Desipich.

full article
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/gears-of-war-judment-free-for-all-mode-unveiled

gerrythedon
01-22-13, 10:35 PM
Early Copies of Gears of War: Judgment Include Original Gears of War

Microsoft and Epic Games have released a new trailer for Gears of War: Judgment. Voiced by Fred Tatasciore in character as Judgement's protagonist Damon S. Baird, it walks you through some of the game's new campaign features, including the dynamic 'Smart Spawn System', Declassified Missions, new weapons and player rewards.

You can watch it now:

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/22/gears-of-war-judgment-guts-of-gears-trailer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Furthermore, early launch copies of the game will contain a Games on Demand Xbox Live download token for the original Gears of War. The offer will be available in all regions except for Germany (where the game was not released due to ratings restrictions). The decision was partly taken because research has shown that over half of the people who played Gears of War 3 had not played the original.

Gears of War: Judgment is out exclusively on Xbox 360 worldwide on March 19, 2013.

IGN.com

gerrythedon
01-22-13, 10:35 PM
Looks fucking great!

mattysemo247
01-23-13, 08:15 AM
Wow, over half of the people that played GOW3 never played the original? That's nuts.

Michael Corvin
01-23-13, 08:29 AM
Wow, over half of the people that played GOW3 never played the original? That's nuts.

I can only assume it's because it came out in '06 which was barely a year into the 360's life cycle.

starseed1981
01-23-13, 10:55 AM
Ugh, I still have nightmares about the original GoW final boss. Argh.

edstein
01-23-13, 11:52 AM
He was tough but I finally beat him on the highest difficulty. Wouldn't want to do that again though.

K&AJones
01-23-13, 04:02 PM
The original GOW was the very reason I got a 360 (and over the PS3). When I got the console that was the very first game I played. Nothing like it then and it's only got better with each realease.

Barth
01-23-13, 08:17 PM
The original GOW was the very reason I got a 360 (and over the PS3). When I got the console that was the very first game I played. Nothing like it then and it's only got better with each realease.

The original is how I got my brother and his friend to buy a 360. They were watching me play and later went out that day and bought the 360 and the game. They were awe struck.
It's great because although now we all live miles apart, we played 3 together.

CPA-ESQ.
01-24-13, 04:01 PM
same here - my first 360 was a Gears bundle from Circut City. Love the game can't wait for this new game

fumanstan
01-24-13, 04:34 PM
Gears is what got me to buy a 360 too. I'm surprised so many people wouldn't have played the original though, or maybe people played at friend's houses or borrowed the game opposed to buying it.

That said, I haven't been able to build up much interest in this game.

Matthew Chmiel
01-24-13, 05:30 PM
Gears of War: 5.98M units sold
Gears of War 2: 6.58M units sold
Gears of War 3: 5.73M units sold

The decision was partly taken because research has shown that over half of the people who played Gears of War 3 had not played the original.
Bullshit.

Raul3
01-24-13, 06:30 PM
That doesn't mean anything. They can easily check achievements and see who played what.

Deftones
01-24-13, 07:26 PM
Gears of War: 5.98M units sold
Gears of War 2: 6.58M units sold
Gears of War 3: 5.73M units sold

Bullshit.

well you've sold me with your investigative skills!

Barth
01-24-13, 08:48 PM
well you've sold me with your investigative skills!

Umm, yeah that's some fuzzy math. A friend of mine bought and played only 3 but not the first two. How does he figure in to the sales equation?

K&AJones
01-25-13, 07:55 AM
Haven't made up my mind as to where to pre-order. It looks like everyone pretty much has the same thing except each has a different playable character than the other. I'm hoping for a bit more come next month in terms of offers.

tlwizard
01-25-13, 02:06 PM
Win some free GoW: Judgement DLC

http://www.gameonpromo.com/

For a free entry, text "game" to 87963. You'll initially have to reply with your email address to register, but then you can text "game" 5 times a day.

Deftones
01-25-13, 02:56 PM

For a free entry, text "game" to 87963. You'll initially have to reply with your email address to register, but then you can text "game" 5 times a day.

Cool, thanks. When I texted, I didn't win anything, but I later got an email with a code. Gave me a Baird multiplayer code.

Barth
01-25-13, 02:58 PM

Cool, thanks! I just got sent a DLC code. The email says there is only 500,000 available. It doesn't say what the actual DLC is though. I guess I could go enter it on my xbox and maybe that would tell me?

Barth
01-25-13, 02:59 PM
Cool, thanks. When I texted, I didn't win anything, but I later got an email with a code. Gave me a Baird multiplayer code.

Ooops, Def answered my question while I was typing. :)

Giantrobo
01-25-13, 05:42 PM
Yeah this look fun. I can't wait to have my ass handed to me in "Free for all" or whatever it's called.

I love being able to have the Boomshield with any weapon. And I love that we get another Female COG.

I am getting a Halo 3:ODST vibe from this game since it's a prequel. Not a bad thing mind you.

gerrythedon
02-19-13, 09:34 PM
<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/19/the-guts-of-gears-of-war-judgment-multiplayer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

K&AJones
02-19-13, 11:03 PM
I think both Gears and Bioshock will make up for a lackluster Feb. I didn't think they could make GOW 3 any better and now this...wow

Raul3
02-20-13, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I haven't watched a lot of videos, but everyone is saying great things. This is my favorite series this generations. I have probably played more than 1000 hours between the 3 games.

Krayzie
02-25-13, 09:50 AM
I am surprised that they aren't releasing a limited edition / collector's edition. I also hate all these damn store specific preorder bonuses... Did they ever release all the preorder skins from Gears 3 on the marketplace? I ended up buying / trading for them all when gears 3 first came out.

K&AJones
02-25-13, 10:04 AM
Yea, I'm kind of surprised at no Limnited or Special Edition but they may have said enough of this special editions and let everyone just enjoy the game as a whole which that's the way it should be. I'm sure we'll get map packs and such and no matter everyone will probably get them.

Krayzie
02-25-13, 12:19 PM
Yea, I'm kind of surprised at no Limnited or Special Edition but they may have said enough of this special editions and let everyone just enjoy the game as a whole which that's the way it should be. I'm sure we'll get map packs and such and no matter everyone will probably get them.

Yeah, they will most likely have another season pass

Krayzie
02-25-13, 12:40 PM
I made a list of preorder bonuses.
Amazon
Classic Hammerburst
Young Dom Skin

Best Buy
Classic Hammerburst
Anya Skin
$20 reward certificate (must be part of reward zone unlocked which costs $15/year)

Gamestop
Classic Hammerburst
Young Marcus Skin
Lambent Weapon Skin
Early Access to OverRun mode

Microsoft Store
Classic Hammerburst
Alex Brand Skin
1600 MS Points

Target
Nothing

Walmart
Classic Hammerburst
Choice of Gears of war 2 or 3

Matthew Chmiel
02-25-13, 12:50 PM
If you already own the past two games, Microsoft Store for the 1600 MS Points.

If you don't own the past two games, Wal-mart as you're (technically) getting three games for the price of one.

Krayzie
02-25-13, 01:00 PM
I am probably going with Best Buy. I should have worded the last post better as I was just letting everyone know what the preorder bonses were.

K&AJones
02-25-13, 04:09 PM
I'll probably do Gamestop...they have weapon skin, classic hamerburst and Young Marcus. Pretty much everyone has the skins but who knows; they might throw some more goodies out second or last week to launch. Doubt seriously $20 credits but again who knows

Raul3
02-25-13, 04:56 PM
Already preordered from BB because of the $20 rewards cert.

gerrythedon
02-27-13, 12:06 AM
Gears of War: Judgment VIP Pass Discounts Map DLC

When Gears of War: Judgment releases on March 19, Epic Games will sell a VIP pass for $20/1600 Microsoft Points.

The pass permanently doubles your XP earnings and gives players early access to two expansion packs, which include six new multiplayer maps, two modes, five weapon skins, and four armor skins.

If you don't want to spend money on downloadable content, Execution mode will be available for free on April 2, alongside a new map, Haven.

Microsoft and Epic describe Execution as follows:

"In Execution mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a “Down But Not Out” state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/gears-of-war-judgment-vip-pass-discounts-map-dlc

MoviePage
02-27-13, 12:22 AM
The double XP for season pass buyers is a smart marketing tactic.

Barth
02-27-13, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know how that Gamestop early access to Overrun is going to work? I pre-ordered there but didn't ask about it when I did. Do I have to go in to the store and get a code or something?

Krayzie
02-28-13, 07:47 AM
The double XP for season pass buyers is a smart marketing tactic.

I find it odd that it only includes two expansion packs when it's only 800 points cheaper than the gears 3 season pass which included 4 expansion packs...

Raul3
02-28-13, 08:39 AM
They won't have time to release more packs... because of the new Xbox. I mean, yes they can, but most of the effort will be switched once Microsoft makes the announcement.

Krayzie
02-28-13, 09:23 AM
They won't have time to release more packs... because of the new Xbox. I mean, yes they can, but most of the effort will be switched once Microsoft makes the announcement.

I hope one of the packs is a campaign addon.

Isn't the free execution mode already part of the other gears games?

gerrythedon
02-28-13, 09:09 PM
Thank U MAXIM :lol:

Gears of War: Judgment to Get Free DLC Courtesy of Maxim

Gears of War: Judgment will be receiving some free DLC shortly after its launch this March, thanks to a sponsorship deal with men's magazine, Maxim. As detailed by the mag on its official site, the content will add a new map called Haven, and the Execution mode for free.

Here's the details:

Haven: Formerly a tropical oasis, this ancient monastery in the Azura mountains is now a frozen wasteland, thanks to the tectonic shifts on Planet Sera. Featuring an asymmetrical circular layout, the map is a guaranteed blast - all paths lead back to the center, so no matter which route you take, you're going to be embroiled in a fast-paced, hectic battle.
Execution Mode: In Execution Mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a "Down But Not Out" state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy.
You'll be able to get your mitts on the free Maxim DLC for Gears of War: Judgment from April 2nd. The game itself meanwhile is out on March 19th in North America and March 22nd in Europe, with a VIP Season Pass offering six multiplayer maps, two new modes, permanent double XP boost and various skins for 1600 MSP.

Look out for a new Gears of War: Judgment hands-on preview next week.

[Via CVG]

DRG
03-02-13, 10:27 AM
Hard to get excited about a 'free DLC mode' that was just part of the standard package before.

gerrythedon
03-04-13, 08:53 PM
Gears of War: Judgment Features an Unlockable Second Campaign, First Vid Here

Gears of War: Judgment will feature an unlockable extra campaign called Aftermath, detailing some of Baird and Cole’s unseen exploits from Gear of War 3.

The campaign takes place during the same timeline as the section in Epic Games’ threequel where protagonist Marcus is taking out the Locust Queen. But it’s only available via an unlock.

To access the mini-campaign, players must earn a certain number of stars, which you can earn in the main campaign by murdering in style - pulling off headshots and executions.

<iframe id="viddler-f470040a" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f470040a/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=22535140&disablebranding=0&view_secret=22535140" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14276-Gears-of-War--Judgment-Features-an-Unlockable-Second-Campaign--First-Vid-Here.html

K&AJones
03-05-13, 08:59 AM
I like the idea. Kind of expanding and branching out to other parts and highlighting other characters. I also like it that's it's not a "gimme"...something you have to earn.

I have two online friends who told me a few days ago they are taking off the 19th to play and I laughed; something I've never done. I'm now considering using a sick day at work to join so we can all start the campaign together. Hard to say this will rival GOW3 but it'll add more flavor to the Gears universe.

K&AJones
03-08-13, 12:08 PM
Just some interesting news...

Former Epic Games president Mike Capps parts ways with studio

Former Epic Games president Mike Capps has announced he is leaving his advisory role within the studio, and will no longer be affiliated with the prominent developer

Capps had held his advisory role since December 2012, when he stood down as Epic Games president.

"When we announced that I wanted to transition out of my leadership role at Epic, the plan was for a continued but less active role, service on the board of directors, and ideally, being that eccentric semi-retired guy who still comes to playtests and gold parties," said Capps on his Facebook page.

"I’m sad to say that plans have changed, and as of February 11th, I’m no longer affiliated with Epic Games. I have many wonderful memories of my time at Epic, and I wish my friends there all the best in their future projects."

Capps intends to remain part of the video game industry, but is now focusing on family.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/former-epic-games-president-mike-capps-parts-ways-with-studio-6405042

First Cliffy B....then Ferguson and now Capps

On Ferguson...

Rod Fergusson Leaves Epic; Joins Irrational Games To Help Finish Bioshock Infinite...Aug 2012

Rod Fergusson has left Epic Games to join Irrational Games in order to help them finish BioShock Infinite. The senior producer on Gears of War 2 and executive producer on Gears of War 3 confirmed the move via Twitter. Fergusson spent almost 8 years at Epic Games and prior to that he spent 10 years working at Microsoft as a program manager.

This good news, for BioShock fans anyway, comes on top of the pile of bad news we've heard about Infinite lately. We recently learned that two key senior members of the creative team, Tim Gerritsen and Nate Wells, left the company. We also learned that two multiplayer modes had to be cut from the game, an area that Fergusson will definitely be able to help out with.

Fergusson’s only comment on his new project was, “I’ve played Infinite and it’s amazing! Can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it.”

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726807/rod-fergusson-leaves-epic-joins-irrational-games-to-help-finish-bioshock-infinite/

Krayzie
03-14-13, 07:34 AM
lol the day after I drop $15 on best buy's gamer unlocked and preorder Gears, I win a freaking copy from the Lipton contest. Damn you Lipton for not letting me win 24 hours ago!

gerrythedon
03-14-13, 08:15 PM
:lol: Sweet!

Krayzie
03-15-13, 07:28 AM
I played a round of Overrun last night. It was okay. I could be missing something but I think you're only able to revive someone if you're the medic which I think is kind of stupid...

I played most of the game as a medic on both sides and I found it kind of pointless. Half the time people are getting blown away by shotguns so there is no one to heal or revive.

K&AJones
03-15-13, 10:06 AM
I played a round of Overrun last night. It was okay. I could be missing something but I think you're only able to revive someone if you're the medic which I think is kind of stupid...

I played most of the game as a medic on both sides and I found it kind of pointless. Half the time people are getting blown away by shotguns so there is no one to heal or revive.

Well maybe if they come out later with a "Bio-welder" you can gather the body parts and "weld' them back together. Get extra XP and "Dr. Frankenstein" chevo....

Krayzie
03-15-13, 10:17 AM
Well maybe if they come out later with a "Bio-welder" you can gather the body parts and "weld' them back together. Get extra XP and "Dr. Frankenstein" chevo....

I can create my own super gear! Multiple arms with multiple weapons. Unstoppable!

Barth
03-15-13, 03:18 PM
Just played an hour or so of Overrun. Had a blast. Leveled up to 3 already. Hopefully I can be around 10 by Tuesday so for once I can be one of those dominating instead of being dominated. :)

OldBoy
03-15-13, 03:41 PM
sorry if this has been mentioned...but, what is Overrun?

Barth
03-15-13, 05:24 PM
sorry if this has been mentioned...but, what is Overrun?

It's kind of a new mode for Gears MP. 5 gears soldiers try to protect a base from being overrun by 5 other locusts during a set amount of time. You can play as the attacker or the defender.
Gamestop offered an early access to it by preordering with them.

OldBoy
03-15-13, 07:58 PM
It's kind of a new mode for Gears MP. 5 gears soldiers try to protect a base from being overrun by 5 other locusts during a set amount of time. You can play as the attacker or the defender.
Gamestop offered an early access to it by preordering with them.

Got it. thank you!

gerrythedon
03-15-13, 09:14 PM
Basically HORDE vs. BEAST modes.

foxdvd
03-15-13, 10:43 PM
read on neogaf the main campaign is 4 hours long...I know there are two campaigns, but my understanding is the second unlocked one is much shorter....ugh

MoviePage
03-15-13, 11:42 PM
Have the campaigns in the previous Gears games been much longer than that? Maybe it's just my memory, but it doesn't seem like it. Replayability has always been the strong point.

Raul3
03-17-13, 09:36 AM
Yes, they have been longer.

And the main campaign is in the "past", and the unlocked campaign is in the same timeline as Gears 3.

They have also mentioned that there's a Rashomon-style campaign. You can play it several times, choosing different paths (or characters?) and you'll see the story tell a different way. I try to avoid spoilers so not sure how this works. But there seems to be some replayability besides achievements and that kind of stuff.

atrium
03-18-13, 12:15 AM
Game is averaging an 80 on Metacritic, which translates more to a 60 when you take into account the franchise name

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-judgment

I never liked Gears much anyways, but thought I'd post the info for you guys

Krayzie
03-18-13, 07:53 AM
read on neogaf the main campaign is 4 hours long...I know there are two campaigns, but my understanding is the second unlocked one is much shorter....ugh

That's pretty damn short... I just read part of a review and there isn't even a horde mode? Wtf? Now I don't know if I even want this game as I wasn't too impressed with Overrun.

edit: it actually looks like there is a horde type mode but it's only 10 waves? I wonder how well that works.

Barth
03-18-13, 08:41 AM
It got a 9.2 over at IGN. Gotta say I'm surprised it's that high but I'm glad. They said it took around 10 hours for the campaign. Plenty long if you ask me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/gears-of-war-judgment-review

uteotw
03-18-13, 09:09 AM

That's REALLY short. I don't even have it yet and already feel a little cheated. At least it was with the $39.99 newegg deal. STILL...

Krayzie
03-18-13, 09:15 AM
10 hours sounds much better.

stingermck
03-18-13, 09:26 AM
It doesn't matter if its 4 hours or 10. As adults, trying to get myself and friends online at the same time to play, it will probably take a month to beat :lol:

mattysemo247
03-18-13, 10:15 AM
I'm keeping my $39.99 NewEgg preoreder as well. I enjoyed Bulletstorm for the most part, so I'm curious to see the changes that People Can Fly did with this one.

slop101
03-18-13, 10:27 AM
So if this is from the same guys that did Bulletstorm, will this have a lot of dick-killing?

Barth
03-18-13, 05:35 PM
I wonder how well this one is going to sell? This is the first time since the original Gears I don't get to go to a midnight release at my Gamestop to pick it up. I know it all depends on how high the pre-orders are at each location but still dissapointed.

Raul3
03-18-13, 05:40 PM
Don't read the numbers. Read the entire reviews. The ones well written.

I'm actually more interested in the game after reading a few reviews, positive and negative.

"Even with the pall of over-familiarity lingering over it, Gears of War: Judgment is a timely reminder that ruthless focus on gameplay, generosity towards players and good old-fashioned design craft can still pay dividends at a time when big-budget action games are at risk of fragmenting into splinters of mindless busywork. Sometimes, being a bloody good shooter is all that's required."

That's an 80 score from Eurogamer.

edstein
03-18-13, 07:02 PM
Polygon gave it an 8.0.

Krayzie
03-19-13, 09:07 PM
Survivor mode just doesn't compare to Horde mode in gears 3. Survivor is basically overrun against the cpu... You can't rebuild any of your defenses and you can't repair the objective you're trying to protect...

starseed1981
03-20-13, 08:53 AM
I'm liking it so far. Its actually quite abit of fun and the addition of the star system and the scenarios it creates is cool. That being said, its actually quite short. That four hour estimate is much closer than the ten hour one. I played for two hours last night and according to IGN I'm a little more than a 3rd of the way through the game (and I've done everything in the sections I'm in so far). If you're a GoW fan I think its worth it. But I haven't touched the multi-player yet.

Krayzie
03-20-13, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I still need to start the campaign. If it's that short I'll just start it up this weekend.

I played a few rounds of Survivor with random people without mics and we got to wave 7 of 10. I am thinking that if we actually got a group together it would be way too easy. The medic and scout don't really seem to be very useful in surivivor mode. It seems the best plan is to have 4 engineers and 1 ammo guy. You would be able to take turns placing sentries and repair everything pretty quickly. Also it doesn't hurt that the engineer gets the gnasher...

K&AJones
03-20-13, 04:12 PM
Well......

Played a few rounds of Survial and it's different and toward team base play which sort of makes it better to me. For those who want to run around on their own, probably won't last or tick off the others in the group. It makes you think it out instead of everyone running & gunning. In three random matches no-one wanted to be the Medic which I ended up taking.

Played the campaign last night to and we got about 80% done We started around 7:30 (three of us) and about 10:30-11 another jumped in. We stopped at 2:15 and was doing the veteran run and all the challenges along the way. I'm sure if you skip the challenges and do it normal the campaign time can be reduced a lot. The challenges make it fun especially with others. There are some good maps, locations and parts that are close to the other GOW games yet new. Several old and familar weapons and some new interesting toys to play with also.

foxdvd
03-20-13, 07:45 PM
does anyone know if the code for the copy of gears of war 1 that came with this game is needed for any online activation for Judgement? If not, I will probably give it away here on dvdtalk like I did Crysis 1...

MoviePage
03-20-13, 08:39 PM
It's only for downloading Gears 1. There's no online pass functionality with this game. :up:

edstein
03-20-13, 10:44 PM
Just beat the campaign. About 5-6 hours. I haven't started the Aftermath yet which does add a little more to the story. Fun game but I wished it would have lasted longer.

K&AJones
03-22-13, 08:15 AM
I played a lot of Survial last night and it's just brutal especially hardcore. Everyone I played with said they have yet hit Level 10. Most said they only have reached level 6 or 7. We hit level 9 twice last night with the same group and frankly it was sheer luck.

We came to the conclusion that all Locusts carry grenades and can basically toss them every which way possible....carrying a gun, back turned, downed, on the other side of the map, blown up...didn't matter. it's safe to say why bother with a Medic half the time when about 75% of the deaths is due to grenades. And another thing...the blast radius of Tickers has almost doubled.

uteotw
03-22-13, 09:27 AM
I played a lot of Survial last night and it's just brutal especially hardcore. Everyone I played with said they have yet hit Level 10. Most said they only have reached level 6 or 7. We hit level 9 twice last night with the same group and frankly it was sheer luck.

We came to the conclusion that all Locusts carry grenades and can basically toss them every which way possible....carrying a gun, back turned, downed, on the other side of the map, blown up...didn't matter. it's safe to say why bother with a Medic half the time when about 75% of the deaths is due to grenades. And another thing...the blast radius of Tickers has almost doubled.

I will have to agree with all of this. It also feels sort of claustrophobic, for lack of a better word. Gears 3 just felt more spread out, which I liked.

Krayzie
03-22-13, 09:32 AM

The best part is that grenades get stuck to you if they hit you.

K&AJones
03-22-13, 04:36 PM
Don't get me wrong...I like the overall concept, it's just that I've never been killed so much before by grenades. Last night I've never seen so many times where at least three of us were taken out at once. You have about 2 seonds to move when you hear that ticking sound. If you're close by...forget it.

And also the Mauler....something we spooted was how fast he took you out. When he starts to swing, he only moves his arm up half way and then Bam!...you're gone and just like the Tickers and grenades you can get hit just being in the area.

We did have fun and there was more "communication" than normal as to asking for ammo, needing fences mending or help on one side or another. of course some tried to play just like it was GOW3 and the entire session was a lost cause. If one wants to be a lone wolf then everyone will pay the price.

Barth
03-22-13, 07:19 PM
Don't get me wrong...I like the overall concept, it's just that I've never been killed so much before by grenades. Last night I've never seen so many times where at least three of us were taken out at once. You have about 2 seonds to move when you hear that ticking sound. If you're close by...forget it.

And also the Mauler....something we spooted was how fast he took you out. When he starts to swing, he only moves his arm up half way and then Bam!...you're gone and just like the Tickers and grenades you can get hit just being in the area.

We did have fun and there was more "communication" than normal as to asking for ammo, needing fences mending or help on one side or another. of course some tried to play just like it was GOW3 and the entire session was a lost cause. If one wants to be a lone wolf then everyone will pay the price.

I agree. All the above is my experience too. And it is funny, cause although my team and I are always getting our tails kicked by wave 6 or so on hardcore I just keep signing back up. :) I'm at level 25 now but I wonder once everyone on the team is level 50 we might just make it to wave 10? It's definitely a challenge, but I guess it should be.

K&AJones
03-23-13, 09:08 AM
I dunno...played Survial (that's the right word to use for sure) again last night and hit Level 9 once...but just like before it's almost like the AI knows and takes out the generator with one swipe even while it's showing at around 35%. I finf it funny...not really...that in the medals hitting Level 10 is a slight challenge but must be normal because of the amount of stars getting it. Still haven't found anyone hitting 10 yet.

I know one thing..on the medals; getting them will be a huge challenge because in Survial, unlike Horde you are set with a particular weapon and cannot pickup or swap. So getting the weapon medals will be tough unless you really play a lot of Overrun or campaign.

Krayzie
03-23-13, 04:24 PM
For whatever reason, the campaign in this game just isn't holding my interest.

gerrythedon
03-24-13, 12:16 AM
game is awesome. love Survival [highest wave completed was 7] it's so addicting and Domination is so much better than King Of The Hill. Weapon switching and grenade one button :thumbsup:. Overrun didn't really like, playing as cog is fun but switching to locust u get your ass handed quickly.

K&AJones
03-24-13, 12:07 PM
A friend of mine joine me the other day and he said if you want to beat Survial the only way is a private party and reduce the difficulty to either casual or normal. With just us two and AI Bots filling in we beat two maps on "casual". There is a chevo for beating all three and making it to Level 10. Even at casual it was bit of a challenge but not nearly like Hardcore...what a difference especially getting killed about 90% of the time with grenades.

Also we both taked about beating it on hardcore and said the ideal makeup would be (4) Engineers and (1) Soldier...two engineers on each side and the soldier providing ammo to both teams and backup.. The Engineers would have to time their turrents so one would be out almost all the time while double team the fence repairs. Throw in the Soldier with the grenade launcher at critical points, it's possible but only with the right team.

slop101
03-24-13, 01:48 PM
I like the single player gameplay okay, but I don't like how it's broken up into arenas where you clear out a section and move on. It doesn't make for a cohesive campaign. Especially after playing Tomb Raider, which, as opposed to this, had a great sense of forward momentum, that's severely lacking in this game. The other Gears games had that too.

Raul3
03-25-13, 08:08 AM
Played a bit of MP last week, needed some time to adjust to the changes. And of course it was a gnasher fest. That was on Tuesday, or Wednesday?, so I don't know if that have changed. It was Free For All.

Most of the time I've played campaign. Playing hardcore, of course, I thought it was kind of easy. But I'm enabling classified missions, so it's getting interesting in some parts. Basically I haven't been able to pass any time sensitive mission LOL! I get close in some though. But I can see it will be a pain in the ass completing them in Insane. Unless someone finds a shortcut or a glitch of course.

But yeah, campaign is not as interesting as any of the previous games.

Krayzie
03-25-13, 08:44 AM
Played a bit of MP last week, needed some time to adjust to the changes. And of course it was a gnasher fest. That was on Tuesday, or Wednesday?, so I don't know if that have changed. It was Free For All.

Most of the time I've played campaign. Playing hardcore, of course, I thought it was kind of easy. But I'm enabling classified missions, so it's getting interesting in some parts. Basically I haven't been able to pass any time sensitive mission LOL! I get close in some though. But I can see it will be a pain in the ass completing them in Insane. Unless someone finds a shortcut or a glitch of course.

But yeah, campaign is not as interesting as any of the previous games.

I didn't like the timed missions as it didn't let me explore every area of the map for cog tags. I also don't see a reason to go back and play the game without the declassified missions. Does it actually change the story? I thought there was supposed to be different mission choices that would add replayability.

edstein
03-25-13, 11:53 AM
I went back and started an insane campaign. The declassified missions are the same. I've been skipping the timed missions though as there were a few cogs I missed on my first play through. Its definitely tougher on insane but I'm plowing through.

CPA-ESQ.
03-25-13, 11:56 AM
Finished the campaign on hardcore over the weekend. I did almost every declassified mission; here are a few notes:

- Timed missions: Not enough time to explore and get cog tags, and AI is not that 'helpful' at a high difficulty level when it comes to strategy / cooperation to get through the level in time

- Decreased Visibility: These were cool - and was a great way to get chain saw ribbons & achievements

- Limited to certain weapons: These were fun, and I got exposure to using guns I would normally pass on. However, it pissed me off that I would lose the guns that I had at the start of the mission. I would have fully loaded oneshots, lancers, mazukas and they would take them away at the start of the mission, and would not give them back to you when you completed the board.

This pissed me off and penalized me for planning ahead and exploring the boards to get good weapons and ammo.

-There was a board near the end of the game where the declassified mission would send 2 waves of 5 ragers charging at you.. too hard for me to get past with AI - they would not start shooting until it was too late. I had to restart that mission and do it normal.

Looking forward to playing aftermath

Krayzie
03-25-13, 12:24 PM
Anyone want to go through the Survival maps on casual to get the achievement? I tried doing it by myself but the ai is useless and i only got to wave 8. I am usually on after 9PM EST.

K&AJones
03-25-13, 04:33 PM
Anyone want to go through the Survival maps on casual to get the achievement? I tried doing it by myself but the ai is useless and i only got to wave 8. I am usually on after 9PM EST.

I should be back on tonight around 7:30-8 and if my friends are not on I'll do it. I just need one of the maps to complete the chevo. As I mentioned two of us with three AI bots did it without any problems except the idiot AI Soldier wouldn't drop ammo when needed or throw way out somewhere. Just send a friends request...

Barth
03-25-13, 05:42 PM

I tried it myself on the estate map and got to wave 10 but got the beat down on that wave. I would like to do it with a few people too. I'm not always on in the evenings but would like to help or get helped when I can. What's your gamertag?

Barth
03-25-13, 05:45 PM
I should be back on tonight around 7:30-8 and if my friends are not on I'll do it. I just need one of the maps to complete the chevo. As I mentioned two of us with three AI bots did it without any problems except the idiot AI Soldier wouldn't drop ammo when needed or throw way out somewhere. Just send a friends request...

Your Gamertag looks familiar, I think I might have played some survival with you the other night. I'll send you a friend request and hopefully we can do some survival together. I'd like to find a group I trust to do some overrun.

Krayzie
03-26-13, 12:14 PM
How long is aftermath? I beat the campaign last night and am debating if I want to play it again on insane.

K&AJones
03-26-13, 12:35 PM
I tried it myself on the estate map and got to wave 10 but got the beat down on that wave. I would like to do it with a few people too. I'm not always on in the evenings but would like to help or get helped when I can. What's your gamertag?

Hey

I must apologize for not getting back with you last night. The moment I signed on two of my friends were on and sent a invite to finish the campaign. I did see your message but three times I was going to send a response but I couldn't break away from the campaign. Getting three of us together is rough and when it happens we just play. All three of us are in different time zones so when it happens it takes priority.

I'll send a friends request and one to Barth as well. I'll be on again tonight and if my friends ar not on then we can tackle Survial on Private or standard. If they are on we'll probably do parts of the campaign for the challenges or the rest of the COG tags.

starseed1981
03-26-13, 01:45 PM
How long is aftermath? I beat the campaign last night and am debating if I want to play it again on insane.

A little under an hour.

K&AJones
03-27-13, 08:52 AM
Hey Krayzie, I hope you did well last night. Sorry we couldn't hook up but at least there wasn't a shortage of folks and didn't have to rely on AI Bots.

We actually got four of us which usually happens on Friday...none of us are in the same time zone. We've played together for awhile going back to Gears 1. We did the Survival on Casual and had zero problems. Actually made it to Wave 10 with the second hole intact twice. We'll try the "normal" mode next. Not sure on Hardcore...even the best player out of our bunch got frustrated doing random matches. Maybe with four or five that actually know their roles may make it.

Krayzie
03-28-13, 07:12 AM
Hey Krayzie, I hope you did well last night. Sorry we couldn't hook up but at least there wasn't a shortage of folks and didn't have to rely on AI Bots.

We actually got four of us which usually happens on Friday...none of us are in the same time zone. We've played together for awhile going back to Gears 1. We did the Survival on Casual and had zero problems. Actually made it to Wave 10 with the second hole intact twice. We'll try the "normal" mode next. Not sure on Hardcore...even the best player out of our bunch got frustrated doing random matches. Maybe with four or five that actually know their roles may make it.

Yeah, we did 3 of the 4 levels. We did the first 2 on casual then the 3rd on normal as casual was too easy. The normal mode was much more fun since we actually had to play decently to win. I think we ended up beating it with ~14% left on the generator. I realized after a few attempts that running into the mobs and trying to kill everything only worked in casual lol

Edit: I beat aftermath last night and it is much much better than the normal campaign. Too bad it's so short though... The characters are much better and I wonder if aftermath was originally supposed to be a dlc addon for Gears 3.

K&AJones
03-28-13, 09:41 AM
Well good for you and friends. Our makeup was (2) Engineers, Soldier, Scout (me) and AI Medic. We did Island. We had one Engineer and Soldier on one side and me and Engineer on the other. The AI Medic tended to hang out with the Engineer and Soldier. Me and the Soldier kept running back and forth and throwing out Ammo and Extra Eyes every chance we had.

I found the Scout's "Extra Eyes" is really important for giving extra damage to Locusts. Without it Maulers, Centerpieds, Bloodmounts, Boomers and especially Corpsers. Between the Engineers Turrents and Gnashers with the Extra Eyes we pretty much held the Locausts in check. probably be on again tonight if you want to do Survial or have something in the campaign to do.

Krayzie
03-28-13, 10:47 AM
Well good for you and friends. Our makeup was (2) Engineers, Soldier, Scout (me) and AI Medic. We did Island. We had one Engineer and Soldier on one side and me and Engineer on the other. The AI Medic tended to hang out with the Engineer and Soldier. Me and the Soldier kept running back and forth and throwing out Ammo and Extra Eyes every chance we had.

I found the Scout's "Extra Eyes" is really important for giving extra damage to Locusts. Without it Maulers, Centerpieds, Bloodmounts, Boomers and especially Corpsers. Between the Engineers Turrents and Gnashers with the Extra Eyes we pretty much held the Locausts in check. probably be on again tonight if you want to do Survial or have something in the campaign to do.

I probably won't be on tonight. If you see me on feel free to send me an invite if you need another player. They should really allow you to give the AI commands. On one map the AI scout was low on ammo and wouldn't get more from the ammo boxes. We had to throw one at his feet...

Barth
03-28-13, 11:25 AM

I played the other night in Krayzie's group. It was a lot of fun. First time I played that it felt like a coordinated effort. K&A, I might be on tonight. I tried to send you a friend request the other day but it said your list was full so it denied me. :(
Anyway, I still need to do all the maps except Skyline in Survival. I get super close by myself, two different times got to wave 10 but can't quite finish, so a little help might get me over the hump.

K&AJones
03-29-13, 08:14 AM
Yea...i've got to go thru my friends list and do some "weeding". I'll make some room.

We played again last night, three of us and AI bots and went thru two levels without any issue again. We only lack 'Junkyard" to complete the four maps and then we'll move to Normal but we probablt need at least four players. The difference is astounding between Casual and Hardcore. We'll all be on tonight for sure.

I've got an issue that I wonder if anyone else is having. Three and sometimes four of us went thru the campaign doing every challenge along the way. However my stats was showing otherwise. Where you see the "Stars" I was showing done. However where you look at the last pages (Page 39-42) showing what difficulty you completed the missions, they were blank. In other words not showing done . Even in the chevo list where you get one for completing all challenges I was showing five not done. These were all random.

Last night a friend helped me go thru and get them but we still had to do one three times before it became listed; The Beach mission. We did it first on Casual, then on Hardcore and then on Normal before showing up. The other three I did popped up complete the first go-around. The strange thing is all the other missions on that level I did on Hardcore. Yet the (3) Stars I have are gold. Another friend has two issions with the same issue knowing we did them but not showing completed.

Not only that I've got a Orange Explanation showing in my Charactrers unlocked but nothing is showing in there. it's been like that for a week. To make matters worse when I've been playing I've seen "Reward Boxes" showing unlocked but nothing is in there when I look.

Update Friday AM...I went to the Epic games Forums>Gears of War:Judgement Issues and found out quite a few are having the very same issues...stars missing, completed classified missions not showing complete, explanation showing in charactrer skins and missing prize boxes. Anyone else has some or questions look here. Also someone said there is suppose to be a update today.

http://forums.epicgames.com/forum.php

CPA-ESQ.
04-04-13, 09:12 AM
finished aftermath last night - about 1hr 45m on hardcore.

The story was fun, and had more of that 'gears' feel to it (characters joking around) as opposed to judgment where the group was not familiar with each other and didn't have that camaraderie.

The only thing I didn't like is that on certain boards there were enemies that would seem to just respawn so you had to just run through to your objective

t
1) the factory where the zombies jump up from the ground and you have to run to get the gasmasks - I tried to take them out but they would just keep jumping up and swarming me from all sides, but I just made a run for the gaskmasks after dying 6 times and when you got to the locker there were no zombies to be found

2) The board where there are sharp shooters with one shots and you have to zig zag in-between buildings until you get up top and take them out - I sat down hill and picked off these guys but a new grub would always walk from the right of the screen and take the place of the dead guy

Overall a fun bonus to the game.

K&AJones
04-04-13, 09:26 AM
Played the other night of Survival random and we actually got to Level 10....now just to do on Insane....yea, right!

Krayzie
04-04-13, 09:36 AM
finished aftermath last night - about 1hr 45m on hardcore.

The story was fun, and had more of that 'gears' feel to it (characters joking around) as opposed to judgment where the group was not familiar with each other and didn't have that camaraderie.

The only thing I didn't like is that on certain boards there were enemies that would seem to just respawn so you had to just run through to your objective

t
1) the factory where the zombies jump up from the ground and you have to run to get the gasmasks - I tried to take them out but they would just keep jumping up and swarming me from all sides, but I just made a run for the gaskmasks after dying 6 times and when you got to the locker there were no zombies to be found

2) The board where there are sharp shooters with one shots and you have to zig zag in-between buildings until you get up top and take them out - I sat down hill and picked off these guys but a new grub would always walk from the right of the screen and take the place of the dead guy

Overall a fun bonus to the game.

I played on insane and eventually all the mobs in 1 went away. I gave up on 2 after awhile as they just kept spawning. I hated the lambient part...

gerrythedon
04-04-13, 12:46 PM
Gears of War: Judgment Free DLC and Patch Rolls Out

Some free Gears of War: Judgment DLC has hit XBL, alongside a title update for the game.

The DLC introduces new multiplayer map called Haven and sees the return of Execution mode. Oddly, it’s sponsored by Maxim. Even more oddly, Epic Games has advised players that the DLC should be downloaded directly from the Xbox 360 dashboard or queued via Xbox.com. Apparently, the in-game download prompt isn't working properly. Huh.

Full details below.

Title update

Various dedicated server improvements.
Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
The "Spray and Pray" ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
You will now see XP tallies between matches.

edstein
04-04-13, 01:25 PM
I don't like this ingame vs dashboard download option shit. It has been nothing but problems with Borderlands 2 for me.

TheBigDave
04-06-13, 05:40 PM
I've got an unused pre-order code for the Classic Hammerburst. If anyone wants it, send me a PM.

foxdvd
04-15-13, 11:45 PM
finally finished the main campaign, doing all the declassified missions....

BY FAR the worst Gear game. I really did not like it, and struggled at the end to actually finish it. The way the missions were designed seemed lazy on their part. I hated the declassified idea...I had no problem adding more enemies or making it harder, but fuck them taking away my weapons...

Overall I would rate this a 6 at best. Looked amazing at least. As a coop game I actually had about as much fun with Aliens...and Army of Two, even though it was blasted in reviews, is WAY better in my opinion.

Krayzie
04-16-13, 07:28 AM
finally finished the main campaign, doing all the declassified missions....

BY FAR the worst Gear game. I really did not like it, and struggled at the end to actually finish it. The way the missions were designed seemed lazy on their part. I hated the declassified idea...I had no problem adding more enemies or making it harder, but fuck them taking away my weapons...

Overall I would rate this a 6 at best. Looked amazing at least. As a coop game I actually had about as much fun with Aliens...and Army of Two, even though it was blasted in reviews, is WAY better in my opinion.

The declassified missions should have been a separate mode. It seemed a bit stupid as part of the campaign. Even though you were already walking around with a sniper rifle and retro lancer, we're going to say that you could only scrounge up a gnasher and a pistol...

K&AJones
04-16-13, 06:51 PM
I play with a group who we played Horde & Beast till our hands couldn't hold the controller anymore. The "Survival" mode is ok and downright hard on random but we wish we could get Horde & Beast back.We miss using all the different weapons. We didn't mind the campaign at all.

Barth
04-16-13, 09:01 PM
I play with a group who we played Horde & Beast till our hands couldn't hold the controller anymore. The "Survival" mode is ok and downright hard on random but we wish we could get Horde & Beast back.We miss using all the different weapons. We didn't mind the campaign at all.

This sums up my thoughts as well. I hope we get a Horde mode as part of the DLC. Surely something should be announced soon, right?

Krayzie
04-17-13, 07:07 AM
This sums up my thoughts as well. I hope we get a Horde mode as part of the DLC. Surely something should be announced soon, right?

I don't see this happening but it would be nice...

K&AJones
04-17-13, 09:27 AM
Well they've got to come up with something to get the game back up. Saw this article over at Gamespot...

Gears of War and God of War sales suffering in the US, says analyst

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-of-war-and-god-of-war-sales-suffering-in-the-us-says-analyst-6407031

In an investor note released ahead of the official NPD data this week (via GamesIndustry), the firm estimated first-month sales of Gears of War: Judgement to be around 420,000 units, less than a quarter of the two million Gears of War 3 managed in September 2011.

Sony's God of War: Ascension is estimated to have shifted 360,000 units, compared to predecessor God of War 3's 1.1 million.

On a side note I've gone back to playing some Borderlands 2 with the new DLC and update. And I may end up getting Definance today with my $25 bonus I got from BB. I've got two friends playing it and they like it. Don't see anything really coming down the pike for awhile. I'll still do a Survival run here and there but tha's probably it for GOW.

Raul3
04-17-13, 09:30 AM
I stopped playing in the middle of the campaign to play Bioshock Infinite, now there's no way I can go back to play this. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

I may need to go back to Dishonored, or AC3? ;)

Krayzie
04-17-13, 10:34 AM
Well they've got to come up with something to get the game back up. Saw this article over at Gamespot...

[[I]In an investor note released ahead of the official NPD data this week (via GamesIndustry), the firm estimated first-month sales of Gears of War: Judgement to be around 420,000 units, less than a quarter of the two million Gears of War 3 managed in September 2011.

It's probably too late for them to save judgement. It just can't compare to 3. BB has it for $39.99 next week so at least it only cost me $20 if you count the $20 preorder bonus. I have silver so I can still pm it.

Barth
04-19-13, 04:00 PM
First round of DLC is coming Tuesday (4/23). Here's the short story...

Epic has announced Gears of War: Judgment’s second expansion today, entitled Call to Arms.

The pack contains three new maps, a new multiplayer mode and “exclusive digital content,” all of which promises to “explore the darker side of the Gears universe.”

Detailed in full below, the maps are Terminal, Blood Drive and Boneyard, while the new game mode is called Master at Arms. The digital content, meanwhile, includes six armour and gun skins.

Plus there’s some new achievements - 10 of ‘em with a total of 250 Gamerscore. We’ll bring those as soon as we can.

Whole article here....
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14694-Gears-of-War--Judgment-Call-to-Arms-DLC-Announced.html

Not quite what I was looking for but since I bought the season pass I'll give it a try. Something different to do at least on my quest for level 50.

K&AJones
04-19-13, 05:45 PM
Seems they've pretty much said..."see ya" to co-op & horde fans

gerrythedon
05-11-13, 02:05 PM
Free Gears of War Judgment Map Coming Next Week
Free for two weeks, $2 afterward.

On May 15, the Dreadnought OverRun map for Gears of War: Judgment will be free for a limited time. On May 29, two weeks following its release, Dreadnought will cost $2 (160 Microsoft Points). If you're still playing Judgment's excellent multiplayer, be sure to grab Dreadnought as soon as possible.

If you're interested in the story context of the new arena, you can read the full info dump below.

Dreadnought
In the months immediately following Emergence Day, the COG managed to capture some Locust Berserkers. Thinking that a ship at sea would be safe from an underground enemy, the COG decided to transport their prize to a secure research facility via the CNV Pomeroy. Little did they know that the Locust had waterborne beasts from the underground rivers of the Hollow, or that the Locust soldiers would use them so relentlessly to rescue the captured Berserkers. The Pomeroy was corralled into a narrow channel and forced ashore, where the Locust sent a mass of troops to assault and overwhelm the beached vessel.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/free-gears-of-war-judgment-map-coming-next-week

DRG
05-11-13, 07:02 PM
Free is cool, and I enjoy Overrun (mainly the Locust side of it) but I dislike that the maps are being separated out into MP and Overrun/Survival. Essentially we're getting half as many maps to use in each mode. I understand why they have to do it with the way Overrun is designed, but here it is a paid DLC and 2 free Maxim bonus DLCs later and there are still only 7 maps for standard versus modes. Considering the previous games all started with 10 MP maps *before* DLC, this feels a bit stingy.

mattysemo247
05-29-13, 12:09 PM
Finished both campaigns over the weekend and man, this game was a huge let down. It seemed like it was just missing that piece of the puzzle that the other Gears games had. Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty, but lacked the excitement and fun that the other games had. Really hard to put my finger on it. Maybe it was because it was developed by another team, so maybe it was just missing some heart. I'm hoping they can bounce back with another game on the new system, because I really loved the franchise up to this point. Oh, and survival was a cool idea, but they should have still left horde in there as well.

Krayzie
05-29-13, 12:14 PM
Finished both campaigns over the weekend and man, this game was a huge let down. It seemed like it was just missing that piece of the puzzle that the other Gears games had. Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty, but lacked the excitement and fun that the other games had. Really hard to put my finger on it. Maybe it was because it was developed by another team, so maybe it was just missing some heart. I'm hoping they can bounce back with another game on the new system, because I really loved the franchise up to this point. Oh, and survival was a cool idea, but they should have still left horde in there as well.

Yeah, I am just glad I didn't buy the season pass for this. I think it's the worst gears campaign so far. The bonus campaign was good though. It was just like gears 3.

timewaster
05-29-13, 06:19 PM
i have to agree.
this was the worse gears game i've ever played.
with all those guys running up to you, its not possible to strategize.

DRG
05-30-13, 11:39 AM
I think it's the worst gears campaign so far. The bonus campaign was good though. It was just like gears 3.

They tried something different with the main campaign and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, the story felt less epic in scope and the episodic nature of the chapters made the overall experience feel very disjointed. On the other hand, the arcade nature of the chapters and the declassified missions added some replay value for me, as I could go back and replay them as self-contained mini missions of sorts without really worrying about the before and after.

K&AJones
05-31-13, 08:42 AM
I agree with DRG on the way the campaign felt. I liked the individual story missions via testimony yet it felt something was missing. however the "Declassified" option gave the missions a new twist which seemed to work better for co-op play. Some new stuff, new enemies and new characters gave it a slight uplift. The additional campaign was pretty good.

Survial mode has been...different...coming from playing Horde & Beast a lot. It is all about teamwork and getting the right mix of players and characters.But making it to the end can try one's patience. But you don't have to plan on sitting there for 3hrs to make it to Level 50 like in the other GOW's. My gripe is with new DLC stuff they focused on MP and got awy from adding anything new to campaign or even Survial. With the new charcters they could've come up with small missions of them getting there and added other maps in Survial.

Krayzie
05-31-13, 11:21 AM
Is there a plan to add campaign dlc?

K&AJones
05-31-13, 03:24 PM
I kind of doubt we'll see much more; if anything more MP maps and skins....easier to do than add a campaign.

We already know Cole and Baird but I look at a chance to build on both Sofia and Garron, either in past or aftermath.

gerrythedon
06-04-13, 12:45 AM
Gears of War: Judgment Title Update, New Achievements Detailed

Epic Games has announced the details of Gear of War: Judgment’s title update, as well as a breakdown of some new achievements for the game.

The title update will arrive along with Lost Relics, some fresh multiplayer Judgment DLC coming next month. The achievements, meanwhile, add up to 250 new Gamerscore.

... Full details of the Title Update and the new achievements can be found below.

[via Epic Forums. Cheers Scott]

Title Update List

Fixed an issue that caused debug info to appear on the overhead maps when swapping out weapons.
Scorcher magazine size reduced from 34-15 for private and LAN play.
While holding the Boom Shield, female character heads are no longer more exposed than male characters.
Prize Boxes will now deliver all unlockable content before rewarding XP.
All gametypes will now have a rifle and a shotgun as the default loadout except for Free for All and Master at Arms.
Fixed an issue with the Dreadnought DLC not appearing in VIP Overrun searches.
Fixed an issue with the grenade animation.
Reduced volume of self and team footsteps to better highlight enemy approach noises.
Fixed the "You Lookin At Me" achievement German translation.
The "Surprise" achievement can now be unlocked on dedicated servers.
Fixed an issue where pressing the back button for the scoreboard caused the screen to blur until respawn.
When searching DLC playlists on Execution and Master at Arms, screen will no longer freeze, forcing you to restart searching.
Fixed an issue which caused game crashes while removing a storage device in the pregame lobby of a ranked versus match.
All of the Survival map names should now show on the Survival leaderboards.
Fixed an exploit where players could earn extra prize boxes.
Removed unnecessary tooltips.
Secret bookshelf passages in the Library map are now locked in Execution and Breakthrough gametypes.
Fixed a typo in the current achievement list.
Fixed an issue with the Engineer's sentry targeting Locusts being executed.
Fixed Master at Arms gametype description.
The Digger no longer misfires after swapping from a loaded Sawed-Off.
Fixed an issue with Wretches teleporting back to perches.
Fixed random crashes while accessing content from a USB drive at the title screen.
Fixed an issue with the Generator not showing damage while being attacked.
Campaign: Players will no longer be blocked by the missing stairs leading out of the Imulsion room in Aftermath.
Gnasher ammo updates (start w/ two clips instead of one) for private and LAN play.
Stim-grenades removed from starting loadout across all gametypes except FFA for private and LAN play.
Weapon swaps now available per-map per-playlist on dedicated servers.
Grenades no longer refill from Ammo Boxes.
Minh’s hitbox adjusted for better detection around head.
Mortar back on Gondola in place of Torquebow (dedicated server replication issues fixed).
Mauler no longer able to hit things through walls.

Lost Relics Achievements

You Can’t Hide- Earn the Tree House Predator ribbon on Ward (10 points)
Getting it Done- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map (30 points)
Dread the Rage- Get a multi-kill while playing as an enraged Rager on Ward (10 points)
Drop the Mic- Finish wave 10 of Survival at the first e-hole on Ward on at least Normal difficulty (50 points)
Flag Runner- Score a flag cap on Streets, Rig, Gondola, Library, Lost City, Museum, and Checkout (25 points)
Look What I Found- Get a kill with each pickup weapon in FFA during a single game on the map Lost City (15 points)
Flag Dropped- Kill the flag carrier a total of 20 times (20 points)
Pendulum Wars- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match with your entire team wearing the UIR Armor skin (40 points)
For Gorasnaya!- Score 5 flags in BT as Paduk (20 points)
Golden Artifacts-Win a public or ranked game of Execution on Museum with all players using the Gold character and weapon skins (30 points)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15074-Gears-of-War--Judgment-Title-Update--New-Achievements-Detailed.html

gerrythedon
06-21-13, 12:43 AM
Gears of War: Judgment's Lost Relics DLC is out...

Including four new multiplayer maps - Checkout, Lost City, Museum and Ward - as well as new weapon and armour skins, the DLC is available to non-VIP members from next Tuesday, June 25th.

CHECKOUT – Checkout’s combat takes place in the carcass of an abandoned superstore. The shop owners tried to move inventory with a closeout sale in the weeks leading up to the HOD evacuations, but ultimately had to walk away and leave everything to time and history. The intense close-quarters combat of the store aisles makes every decision important. Weapon selection is key, cover is essential to survival and every move has an impact. When facing your enemy, remember what the sign says: “Everything must go.”

LOST CITY – The ruins of this ancient city were once a major archeological find . Despite sitting empty for centuries, the hydro-powered aqueduct and canal systems were still in working order and proved that the ancient Serans had a remarkable grasp of engineering and architecture. Like so many projects, excavation was abruptly halted when the Locust emerged and changed the face of the planet. Now every Seran city sits as empty and lost as this one.

MUSEUM – Situated on the bay just outside the city capitol, The Ilima Museum of Natural History features an array of permanent exhibits, special programs, and educational opportunities for visitors of all ages. With over a million artifacts and specimens in our collection, you can explore the wonders of the natural world at your own pace, or take part in one of our special hands-on workshops. Tickets are on sale now for our latest special showing: The Ages of Seran Military Might. Get up close and personal with ancient swords of mystical power and see some of the first working mechanical weaponry of our storied past.

WARD – The battle for Halvo Bay was fought on many fronts simultaneously. While most areas of the city fell quickly, a few sections actually had time to mount a defense and fortify against the incoming Horde. Some were even able to push the Locust forces back and regain some ground before all was lost. This Overrun map features one such area where the battle was small but intense, and the dedicated forces of the COG army tried to hold off wave after wave of invading forces with little in the way of reinforcements. They pushed the Locust back several blocks before resistance increased and ultimately they found themselves in a fierce tug of war with little hope of success.

Full article & Videos
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15287-Gears-of-War--Judgment-s-Lost-Relics-DLC-is-Out-Tomorrow--Watch-the-Flythrough-Vids-Here.html

K&AJones
07-03-13, 08:48 AM
Well...another key person has left Epic. That's three now with Cliffy B and Rod Fergusson

Gears of War: Judgment producer quits Epic for Bioware

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-of-war-judgment-producer-quits-epic-for-bioware-6411016

mattysemo247
07-03-13, 09:01 AM
Don't forget, Mike Capps also left Epic and three people left People Can Fly to form The Astronauts.

Is seems more and more like Judgement is a game that should have never been made. It will be very interesting to see what the next GOW turns out to be on the Xbox One.

K&AJones
07-03-13, 09:25 AM
I personally think since Cliffy B left Epic has gone slightly backwards. And when Fergusson left it's gone even more. no telling when of if anything GEARS comes out again. Sort of sad in a way for a series that has made such an impact on gaming.

Raul3
07-03-13, 10:33 AM
I stopped playing mid campaign, to play Bioshock Infinite, and haven't been able to come back. Before that I played one or two rounds of MP, never played Horder, or whatever is called now.

Kind of sad. I played hundreds, yes, hundreds of hours of the last 3 games. I still remembering having my then baby girl, under 1 year, in my arms, sleeping, and I was playing MP games with my friends, headset and everything. Fun times.