Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : moving and taking directv with you...

scarredgod
05-31-12, 04:55 PM
hi i wasnt sure which forum to post this one in so ill try here.

my mom is moving and she wants to take directv with her. i am finding conflicting information about whether its free or not, or you have to upgrade your package for it to be free. does anyone know for sure.

Josh-da-man
05-31-12, 05:05 PM
I don't know; the commercials say it's free, but they also show the installers showing up well-groomed and wearing white gloves, as opposed to the unshaven hillbillies reeking of cigarette smoke who show up whenever I need to have my dish aligned.

Doc Moonlight
05-31-12, 07:15 PM
It may depend on how long you have had your service. When I moved from Dallas to St Louis, 7 years ago, the upgrade and installation was free (I had been a DirecTV customer for 8 years).

When we moved back to Dallas 2 years ago, the install and equipment was free, but we had to sign a 2 year contract. I got pissed because they promised me an "upgrade" on my HDDVR but sent the same old model that I already had. Got no where with their CS and bailed after the contract was up.

Deftones
06-01-12, 11:14 AM
Doc is correct. You have to have been a customer for over 6 months to get the free movers connection. If you have been a customer less than that, you have to pay. You will also have to re-up for 2 years. Just call the mover's connection # on TV. They will outline all the specifics.

fujishig
06-01-12, 04:38 PM
Are you sure? I noticed last month that the promo said you get a $500 discount on moving, I'm not sure if that covers everything. I know they used to cover all moving expenses.

Seems like you also get Sunday Ticket for free when you move...