DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Deep Discount 25% off sale: 5/31 - 6/24

ericmylad
05-31-12, 09:42 AM
I just posted this same info in the Blu Ray Bargain thread.

I know, most of us have given up on this sale but I figured it was at least worth mentioning so maybe a few us can take advantage.

Sale begins at 2PM EST today. Items that qualify will be labeled as such at that time. So far, codes that should work are SUMMER12 & 25MORE

http://www.deepdiscount.com/

BobO'Link
05-31-12, 01:28 PM
Wow! They are so much off my radar any more that I'd not noticed it's that time of the year. In the past there would have already been several "when does the sale start" threads started and closed.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm sure I'll look at the offerings but if the past 3-4 of these are any indication I'll be doing a "pass" yet again. :(

rmw650
05-31-12, 07:52 PM
First heard about this on their Facebook page today and another code they offered was SAVE25 as well. Sale ends 6/24/2012 and they have the savings already applied to the items with the red tags on them, so it might take some time searching throughout the site to determine whih ones are eligible for this sale and which ones are not. Damn I miss that B&M store in Naperville, IL

E-Z-B
05-31-12, 08:04 PM
I'm tired of their lousy packaging. Every order now has at least one dvd with the case busted up from the tray packaging method.

g
06-01-12, 01:27 AM
They have Katharine Hepburn Collection (Morning Glory / Undercurrent / Sylvia Scarlett / Without Love / Dragon Seed / The Corn Is Green
for 22.53
I actually got this before the sale for about the same price

Living Deadpan
06-01-12, 03:06 AM
Warner Archives titles are included in this sale, for those who don't want to buy them in one of WB's bulk sales. After I apply the discount in my cart, BLACK ZOO is $13.22 and KONGO is $13.26. Just FYI.

bdots48
06-01-12, 08:00 AM
...and a lot of Criterions for less than half-list.

AMERICAN
06-01-12, 08:28 AM
..d.d. now charges tax and shipping on orders under $15.00....no thanks

obscurelabel
06-01-12, 09:02 AM
...and a lot of Criterions for less than half-list.

Those prices seem to be pretty much gone now :(

Bob Bunny
06-01-12, 11:19 AM
Those prices seem to be pretty much gone now :(

Yep. Two Criterions I had in my cart went up to well over Amazon's current prices. Price increases during a sale looks like bad public relations to me.

drmar35mm
06-01-12, 11:46 AM
Not to say that there aren't some good deals in those hundreds of pages of DVDs and Blu Rays. But I no longer have the patience to go hunting through them. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone scouts out something that I might need. I'd never say never.

But my admittedly cursory riffle through DVD TV shows (my favorite category) revealed nothing. Lots of kind of crappy deals, actually. As another poster noted, amazing how we all used to wait for these semi-annual DD sales eagerly. No more though. I just realized that I haven't ordered from DD in 7 months. Wow.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
06-01-12, 12:19 PM
Price increases during a sale looks like bad public relations to me.

Stores do it all the time and have been doing it since before the internet.

greylocke5
06-01-12, 02:45 PM
Yep. Two Criterions I had in my cart went up to well over Amazon's current prices. Price increases during a sale looks like bad public relations to me.

I had the same experience. About twelve hours ago (3 a.m.) I checked my wish list at DD. I had the recent Criterion David Lean/Noel Coward films set in my wish list and DD had previously had it priced at $54 and change. Not a bad price. I clicked to see if the sale applied, and it did - so the price dropped to $38 and change. More than 50% off! So I decided to buy about six more recent Criterions. They were all over 50% off on the sale! Wow. I also included a CD that was not on the sale and that was a pre-ordered item ay $6.93.

Just as I was about to finalize the purchase - my order was over $150 after applying the sale prices - I could no longer connect with DD's website!

After trying for several minutes I took a break, and when I was finally allowed to connect - the Criterions were no longer subject to the sale. Indeed, the David Lean set had also gone up to a price over $66. Even the price of my CD pre-order - never subject to the sale - increased to over $12!

So they lost a big order. If I had shopped just an hour sooner I would have gotten great prices (assuming they would have honored them.) Too bad for them.

Hopefully the Barnes and Noble Criterion 50% off sale will occur in late June.

Bottom line - I shop for price, so I will still buy an occasional sale DVD or CD from Deep Discount. But yes - it does piss me off when you have to rely on pure luck to get the best prices from a merchant.

HistoryProf
06-01-12, 07:29 PM

but not a day after the sale starts when they notice people buying those items. total bushleague bullshit. I've defended DD for years but this is the end for me. I'm done.

excom101
06-01-12, 07:49 PM
Witchfinder General blu jumped from $9.45 to $20.75. No thanks...

mallratcal
06-01-12, 10:25 PM
I'm trying to place an order but the site keeps looping me around the checkout process. Why won't DDD take my money? :(

Living Deadpan
06-02-12, 02:40 AM
Doesn't DVD Planet usually start their own concurrent 25% off sale soon after DD's begins?

adrenaline78
06-02-12, 07:09 AM
Their Criterion titles are still 5-8$ more than I want to pay for them after the code.. man oh man.. the olden days were great.

marty888
06-02-12, 07:30 AM
For years, I spent tons of money twice a year during the DD sales ...... how times have changed.

Remember when ALL items were on sale (with a very few exceptions), and you generally counted on a final cost that was about 50% off list price. You couldn't keep up with all the comments here at DVD Talk, and the thread expanded by a page or two every hour!

Now, 24 hours later, not even one full page of comments.

Now, only select items are on sale. (And somehow, not one of the 20 or so titles on my wish list is included.)

Now, the final discount after the 25% sale rarely reaches 50%.

I'm sure there are some genuine bargains that will make some people quite happy, but going from sales that overwhelmed me with the sheer number of terrific deals to a sale that takes hours of digging to find an enticing deal ....... well, typing this comment is probably as much time as I will spend on this sale.

BobO'Link
06-02-12, 08:31 AM
^In all fairness, the DD sale thread in the BR forum is several pages but *still* far short of the ones from just a few years back.

I *have* found a few bargains but as this sale has fallen so far off my radar I didn't even put money back (I'd actually forgotten they do this and used to *always* plan for it). I'm now narrowing down a list of 5-10 titles to the 2-3 I can afford this time. Even then I'm not 100% sure I'll spring for those due to other highly desired titles being on sale at even better prices from other vendors. The questionable shipping "packaging" also tends to keep me away. Those trays and thin plastic "envelopes" just don't cut it.

NoirFan
06-02-12, 09:12 AM
Doesn't DVD Planet usually start their own concurrent 25% off sale soon after DD's begins?

I believe it's been a couple of years since Planet mirrored DD's sales.

ChipHP
06-02-12, 09:46 AM
FWIW I logged on to the website late Thu night (the first day of the sale) to see if any CDs were on sale at good prices. I found that DD was showing most Ace (a well respected UK Co.) CDs (including some recent releases) were listed for less than $8.50 with free shipping (and no ST) for orders over $15. This was a really good deal. The website was running very slow so it took me a while to put 10 in my basket. It was getting very late so I checked out with the plan to buy some more the next morning. When I checked the next morning, the prices on Ace CDs had gone back up to their normal DD $14 range. I was afraid that there had been a pricing glich and my order would be cancelled. My fears were allayed this morning when I got email from DD that 8 of my 10 CDs had shipped (2 were backordered).

MooMooMooMoo
06-02-12, 02:17 PM
..d.d. now charges tax and shipping on orders under $15.00....no thanks

TAX?? Only to your state or to all sales tax states?

MooMooMooMoo
06-02-12, 02:18 PM

DD uses tracking software. if an item is popular, it goes up. If it's unpopular, it goes down.

MooMooMooMoo
06-02-12, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to place an order but the site keeps looping me around the checkout process. Why won't DDD take my money? :(

In the past, I've almost always had to checkout at least 2x. Also, if your order is large (I think the trigger is 30 titles), their server can't handle it (I've been told this by cs) & you have to call the order in.

ProfessorEcho
06-02-12, 04:59 PM
^In all fairness, the DD sale thread in the BR forum is several pages but *still* far short of the ones from just a few years back..

The majority of which is people (justifiably) bitching about DD, not praising the deals, extolling the service and listing their hauls as in days of old.

IamLegend
06-02-12, 07:39 PM
strange Dvd Planet usually has a similiar but not same sale also at same time

Bob Bunny
06-03-12, 08:20 AM
I had the same experience. About twelve hours ago (3 a.m.) I checked my wish list at DD. I had the recent Criterion David Lean/Noel Coward films set in my wish list and DD had previously had it priced at $54 and change. Not a bad price. I clicked to see if the sale applied, and it did - so the price dropped to $38 and change. More than 50% off! So I decided to buy about six more recent Criterions. They were all over 50% off on the sale! Wow. I also included a CD that was not on the sale and that was a pre-ordered item ay $6.93.

Just as I was about to finalize the purchase - my order was over $150 after applying the sale prices - I could no longer connect with DD's website!

After trying for several minutes I took a break, and when I was finally allowed to connect - the Criterions were no longer subject to the sale. Indeed, the David Lean set had also gone up to a price over $66. Even the price of my CD pre-order - never subject to the sale - increased to over $12!

So they lost a big order. If I had shopped just an hour sooner I would have gotten great prices (assuming they would have honored them.) Too bad for them.

Hopefully the Barnes and Noble Criterion 50% off sale will occur in late June.

Bottom line - I shop for price, so I will still buy an occasional sale DVD or CD from Deep Discount. But yes - it does piss me off when you have to rely on pure luck to get the best prices from a merchant.

In case you don't know, the Criterion Lean/Coward Blu-ray set is $52.99 now at Amazon. Amazon got my order; Deep Discount didn't.

bdots48
06-03-12, 01:35 PM
Got shipping confirmation for my 8 Criterions, entered before the price hikes. Whew!!

JoeDoakes
06-04-12, 09:37 AM
FWIW I logged on to the website late Thu night (the first day of the sale) to see if any CDs were on sale at good prices. I found that DD was showing most Ace (a well respected UK Co.) CDs (including some recent releases) were listed for less than $8.50 with free shipping (and no ST) for orders over $15. This was a really good deal. The website was running very slow so it took me a while to put 10 in my basket. It was getting very late so I checked out with the plan to buy some more the next morning. When I checked the next morning, the prices on Ace CDs had gone back up to their normal DD $14 range. I was afraid that there had been a pricing glich and my order would be cancelled. My fears were allayed this morning when I got email from DD that 8 of my 10 CDs had shipped (2 were backordered).

It wasn't just Ace titles. The Bear titles were at the lowest prices I have ever seen. I looked at it Thursday and decided to think it over. By Friday, all of the good deals on CDs were gone. Very strange. Glad to see they honored your order.

ChipHP
06-04-12, 12:34 PM
It wasn't just Ace titles. The Bear titles were at the lowest prices I have ever seen. I looked at it Thursday and decided to think it over. By Friday, all of the good deals on CDs were gone. Very strange. Glad to see they honored your order.

I noticed the Bear Family CD prices but I was concentrating on the Ace CDs. Since there is not good way to search them out on the DD website, I was using the Ace website to identify CDs that I wanted. The DD website was runing very slow Thu night (I spent an hour and a half completing my order). I was planning to check out the BF CDs on Fri.

I just got a ship notice on one of the backordered CDs, so DD has shipped 9 of the 10 that I ordered.

snorlaxnut
06-04-12, 03:18 PM
My order during this sale is going strange. I placed an order on June 1st, but did not get an order confirmation. On June 3rd I went to the order's page in "order history" at DD and it said that my order was shipped. I never got an email saying that it was shipped. I made sure that DD had my current email address before I placed my order.

But, to me, the strangest thing is when I click on the tracking number thats on the order's page in "order history", I get sent to a Google.com page that says: "Your search - (tracking number was here) - did not match any documents.". :confused: Did anybody get something like this with their order?

I just sent DD an email about this. I am not happy about whats happening.

BobO'Link
06-05-12, 09:17 PM
In case some of you aren't following the DD sale thread in the Blu-ray section here's an important post:

The code Connect stacks with the 25 percent off deal and gives another 5 dollars off. One use.. May work with 10 percent too...

It worked for me stacking with the 25% off code. Some in that thread have reported issues with the order total before final confirmation so be sure to get screen shots before and after you click "place order" just in case. Mine was OK.

wm lopez
06-06-12, 09:33 AM
SHAZZAN is a good buy. It costs over $35 at AMAZON.

Kevin M. Dean
06-06-12, 12:27 PM
But, to me, the strangest thing is when I click on the tracking number thats on the order's page in "order history", I get sent to a Google.com page that says: "Your search - (tracking number was here) - did not match any documents.". :confused: Did anybody get something like this with their order?

The google search doesn't seem to work with DDs form of number. You need to go to USPS directly or www.packagemapping.com to track the number. Not it may take a few days before a result is available.

marald
06-06-12, 02:09 PM
In case some of you aren't following the DD sale thread in the Blu-ray section here's an important post:

It worked for me stacking with the 25% off code. Some in that thread have reported issues with the order total before final confirmation so be sure to get screen shots before and after you click "place order" just in case. Mine was OK.

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't following the other thread. Used the coupon twice on 2 accounts.

Nate the Great
06-19-12, 11:59 AM
Well, again, the sale comes and, again, the DD thread is full of more complaints than recommendations. But, again, I find a lot of stuff to make it worthwhile.

097360681277 Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy Price: $8.84
883929039067 Battle Beneath the Earth/The Ultimate Warrior Price: $5.92
827058108492 A Bullet for the General Price: $8.09
031398125020 The Conversation Price: $9.29
085392143320 Dead Ringers Price: $9.26
790357927593 Frightmare Price: $8.68
024543371625 History of the World, Part I Price: $8.84
843276010898 Lady Terminator Price: $15.35
012569698826 Lust for Life Price: $6.04
097368233348 Oswalt, Patton - Finest Hour Price: $11.05
054961624294 The Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged Price: $12.62
826663118858 Rock 'n' Roll High School Price: $11.92
018619158906 The Varrow Mission Price: $9.33
786936806885 Waking Sleeping Beauty Price: $11.87
851169003100 Zaat Price: $10.90
Total Price: 148.02

(I'm so pissed off though! I have had all of these titles in my cart for the past few weeks, and DD had the audacity to screw with the prices before I actually placed my order ... this order was originally - discount included - totaled to be $154 and some change. They dropped the prices on some of these titles ... glad I waited, or else I really would have had a target to aim my impotent rage at!)

MovieExchange
06-20-12, 10:23 PM
Stumbled in after being away for a loooooong time. Saw the thread, and thought "man, I remember when I used to do the official FAQ for the DD sale.... I wonder how good it is now?"

I have to say I'm sorely disappointed... how long ago did DD take this horrible slide in customer service? Has anyone come forward to replace them, or are all the online places pretty much the same?

JohnIan
06-20-12, 10:54 PM
how long ago did DD take this horrible slide in customer service? Has anyone come forward to replace them, or are all the online places pretty much the same?

They outstretched themselves. As I understand they had physical stores. It didn't work out. They lost money and never recovered - that was roughly three years ago.

As for the second part of you Q. I think for the most part they were the exception to begin with. True, Amazon does offer free shipping if you purchase X amount. But free shipping (with no taxes) on a single DVD; can't recall another online store. Add to the mix, shipping was cheaper then than it is now. It's a crappy combination.

Man, I bought A LOT of stuff from them - one title at a time (mostly). The last thing I purchase was "Ice Station Zebra" in April of last year (I'm anal, I have records). I consider myself lucky to have received it.

Silverscreenvid
06-21-12, 02:24 AM
They have now added an additional 5% off with a one-time use coupon valid through 6/30: EXTRA5.

It works on top of the 25% off for a total of 30% off.

If you have multiple DD accounts (using multiple e-mail addresses), you probably can use it multiple times (I haven't tried).

Nate the Great
06-21-12, 03:31 PM
Well, again, the sale comes and, again, the DD thread is full of more complaints than recommendations. But, again, I find a lot of stuff to make it worthwhile.

097360681277 Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy Price: $8.84
883929039067 Battle Beneath the Earth/The Ultimate Warrior Price: $5.92
827058108492 A Bullet for the General Price: $8.09
031398125020 The Conversation Price: $9.29
085392143320 Dead Ringers Price: $9.26
790357927593 Frightmare Price: $8.68
024543371625 History of the World, Part I Price: $8.84
843276010898 Lady Terminator Price: $15.35
012569698826 Lust for Life Price: $6.04
097368233348 Oswalt, Patton - Finest Hour Price: $11.05
054961624294 The Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged Price: $12.62
826663118858 Rock 'n' Roll High School Price: $11.92
018619158906 The Varrow Mission Price: $9.33
786936806885 Waking Sleeping Beauty Price: $11.87
851169003100 Zaat Price: $10.90
Total Price: 148.02

(I'm so pissed off though! I have had all of these titles in my cart for the past few weeks, and DD had the audacity to screw with the prices before I actually placed my order ... this order was originally - discount included - totaled to be $154 and some change. They dropped the prices on some of these titles ... glad I waited, or else I really would have had a target to aim my impotent rage at!)

Wanted to add a little note here, to attempt to counter-balance some of the negativity: I placed this order on Monday. Got an email that it shipped Tuesday. Guess what I just got out of the mailbox?

So, there's people who "haven't shopped through DD since X months/years ago," and then there's today. YMMV. I'm pretty happy with this experience, and I hope it is reflected in the next time I may use them.

wm lopez
06-21-12, 04:50 PM
They stopped with FREE SHIPPING , right?

dmkb
06-21-12, 05:33 PM
Shipping is free for orders over $15

Silverscreenvid
06-24-12, 09:02 AM
The sale has been extended through 6/30.

I placed my first order yesterday. When I get a chance to check out what's at good prices a bit more carefully, I'll place one more order on another account to use the Extra5 again.

Despit what some people think, I've had no problem finding things that are still at a good price compared to others. You just have to do a bit of work.

BuckNaked2k
06-24-12, 01:45 PM
Need another $5 off code to make anything worthwhile....

ProfessorEcho
06-24-12, 02:37 PM
And here I was waiting and waiting for another five buck discount to come along before the sale ended yesterday, gave up and went ahead and ordered two last items. Now watch another $5 coupon code appear before the sale extension ends. Oh well, still got 30% off so I guess I shouldn't be too much of a cheap bastard.

Ordered: STRANGE LOVE OF MARTHA IVERS Blu and the SD double feature SINS OF JEZEBEL/QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS. $16 for both, including stupid tax.

Snarff
06-25-12, 11:06 PM
I checked DD right for NCIS season 7 & 8 with discount they are $36 which not bad but they are saying im saving 52% cause list price is $72.99. I think if im getting 50% off a tv set final price should be about $25

Silverscreenvid
06-26-12, 02:38 AM
I checked DD right for NCIS season 7 & 8 with discount they are $36 which not bad but they are saying im saving 52% cause list price is $72.99. I think if im getting 50% off a tv set final price should be about $25

They are off, but not by much. If "list" price (which admittedly no one ever pays) is $73 and you're paying $36, you are getting 50.7% off, which rounds to 51%.

Silverscreenvid
06-26-12, 09:27 AM
DD has just cut the price on a lot of their Shout Factory titles. With the 30% off, these are the best prices I've seen on a number of these titles.

smurr05
06-26-12, 11:12 AM
$ale still on...wonder for how long??

rmw650
06-26-12, 06:35 PM

June 30th is the last day as they extended the sale yesterday.

dmkb
06-28-12, 12:57 PM
post #44

drmar35mm
06-28-12, 01:17 PM
Ended up with one purchase, one of the new Poirot Blu Rays. Very much reduced from the good old days.

smurr05
06-28-12, 09:58 PM
Got 2 Criterions from them recently...Both were opened before I got them. I wrote them...they replied thats normal!...Since when???!!! I'm done with them...AGAIN-:thmbsdwn:

ProfessorEcho
06-29-12, 05:51 PM
Got 2 Criterions from them recently...Both were opened before I got them. I wrote them...they replied thats normal!...Since when???!!! I'm done with them...AGAIN-:thmbsdwn:

Are you sure the shrink wrap didn't tear off when you opened the envelope?That's a common occurrence with the crappy vacuum sealed envelopes they use now.

kd5
06-29-12, 09:02 PM
Last day of the (extended) sale. I really wanted to find something to buy, but none of the DVDs I wanted were in this 25% off sale. Ended up not buying anything...:sad: -kd5-

SkullOrchard
06-29-12, 09:54 PM
I did end up buying the new Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp DVD set.

My only purchase during this dubious "sale".

hilts
06-29-12, 10:07 PM
DD has just cut the price on a lot of their Shout Factory titles. With the 30% off, these are the best prices I've seen on a number of these titles.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Shouts. Used the EXTRA5 for my last order:

RUSSELL,KURT - ELVIS 8.28
ROGER CORMAN'S CULT CLASSICS SWORD & SORCERY 9.92
EVIL/TWICE DEAD 9.41
VINCENT/PEPPARD - DAMNATION ALLEY 8.14
VAMPIRES MUMMIES & MONSTERS COLLECTION 11.15
99 & 44/100 PERCENT DEAD/NICKEL RIDE 8.51
LAST HARD MEN/SKY RIDERS 8.13

joe_b
06-30-12, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on the Shouts. Used the EXTRA5 for my last order:Guess Deep Discount noticed the prices were a little too good on those Shout! Factory titles -- they've already been yanked from the sale. Too bad the one Corman blu-ray I still need (Starcrash) wasn't included to begin with.

dmkb
06-30-12, 12:28 PM
Good thing I grabbed all seasons of Dragnet for about 18 each

Silverscreenvid
06-30-12, 02:05 PM
I spent more on this sale than I have in a while on their sales, a little over $300 in two separate orders (a bit over 30 titles, including TV seasons and box sets). The first time it was primarily Warner Archive titles, the second Shout Factory titles.

You have to look a bit harder than you used to in order to find really good deals, but they've got them on every sale. But I think there's a lot of people here who look up one or two titles and then decide to use that as an excuse to bash DD.

I've never had a problem with them.

Nate the Great
06-30-12, 03:38 PM
Got one last order in under the wire:

Champagne for Caesar $6.92
M.A.S.K. Volume 1 $10.08 (went up 8 cents from wishlist to purchase)
Max Headroom: Complete Series $22.11 (went up 40ish cents ...)
Monsters Crash the Pajama Party (Something Weird) $6.92
Three Stooges Collection Vol. 5 $13.03

Good haul for this sale, on my end. I'm gonna start saving some funds for the next one, I think I'm going to knock out a few sets on my wishlist.

BobO'Link
06-30-12, 04:13 PM
Wow... the thread is only 3 pages... it used to hit that in 3 hours.

I only did a small order early on and was intending to place another small one later today only to go to the site a few minutes ago and discover that it's already been pulled. So much for "through 6/30", eh? Oh well... it'll let me make that purchase at Amazon I was going to put off.

Torchur317
06-30-12, 04:42 PM
Gotta give props to DD, they shipped out my stuff pretty quick for once. Got everything I ordered today!

joe_b
06-30-12, 08:06 PM
Got 2 Criterions from them recently...Both were opened before I got them. I wrote them...they replied thats normal!...Since when???!!! I'm done with them...AGAIN-:thmbsdwn:Wow, that's a totally ridiculous response from them. I've never received an opened item, but (like Echo mentioned) I did get a blu-ray that had some of the plastic ripped off from the adhesive they use on those awful envelopes. It's normally not an issue, but it's so ridiculously hot here (104 degrees today! :eek:) that the wrapping had nearly melted onto the case. There is also a huge tear on the back artwork, but the damage didn't happen in transit. The movie was factory sealed and there are no marks on the case. :hscratch:

creekdipper
07-01-12, 06:53 AM
On two separate orders many months apart I received unsealed box sets. Not merely "opened", mind you...there was no shrink wrap at all. That included two copies of one title with one sealed & the other completely open. When I called for return authorization, I was informed by a CSR that this 'absolutely' could not happen (I suppose a postal worker opened the boxes, took the sets home & watched them, and then re-sealed the boxes using DD's security tape).

Then there was the order that included an amateur VHS tape (!) of a church service. Guess I was lucky some employee didn't accidentally include a homemade sex tape.

These incidents combined with DVDPlanet's TWICE trying to rip me off by canceling orders placed using Frequent Buyer Points (while other orders placed right before or right after went through unscathed) has made me reluctant to spend time searching their sites for 'bargains' (especially since the price may jump during the checkout phase). Unless I see an alert here, I don't waste the time.

Used to spend hundreds every DD sale. Not one dime this time.

dmkb
07-01-12, 04:42 PM
FWIW, the EXTRA5 code still works - clear your cookies folder each time.

bubba111
07-01-12, 06:23 PM
dmkb --

What browser were you using? The extra5 code is coming up as expired for me in Chrome and Firefox, even after I clear my cookies.

dmkb
07-02-12, 05:24 PM
Firefox with windows 7 - it was still working when I last posted.

dmkb
07-02-12, 05:40 PM
I just tried it again and received the following message:
"The promo code "EXTRA5" expired on July 1, 2012. "

bubba111
07-02-12, 08:01 PM
Thanks for trying again dmkb. My order would never quite go through this weekend, always erroring out. Oh well, I saved some money, I guess.